Erik Johnson --> 19:09
Sam Girard --> 16:25
Tyson Barrie --> 16:02
Nikita Zadorov --> 15:45
Patrik Nemeth --> 12:36
Ian Cole --> 11:47
Ryan Graves --> 6:46

Very happy to see Cole's role reduced.

All part of Bednar’s master plan to keep him fresh for that empty netter. :sarcasm:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
EV TOI for the defensemen tonight:

Erik Johnson --> 19:09
Sam Girard --> 16:25
Tyson Barrie --> 16:02
Nikita Zadorov --> 15:45
Patrik Nemeth --> 12:36
Ian Cole --> 11:47
Ryan Graves --> 6:46

Very happy to see Cole's role reduced.
Cole had a solid game, especially on the PK. Not sure I liked either Zadorov's or Johnson's but we got the win. I would like to see Graves closer to ten minutes, but I get the idea that he was probably benched when Avs went up by one.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Cole had a solid game, especially on the PK. Not sure I liked either Zadorov's or Johnson's but we got the win. I would like to see Graves closer to ten minutes, but I get the idea that he was probably benched when Avs went up by one.
Tough to get him there with the 7 defensemen rotation.

Agree that Cole had a strong game, but I also believe a lot of his strong play comes when he's limited in minutes. I don't ever want to see him playing 18+ total minutes.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
Whether or not we squeeze into a WC spot (which I’d still love and am rooting for) we seriously gotta at least beat Dallas, winning against Minny tonight was extremely satisfying

Reactions: Avs

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Cole is literally a different defenseman when his minutes are managed. The less time he's out there, the less room he has to be a dirtbag and do stupid shit away from the puck. He keeps it so much simpler when his TOI is down.

Then he plays well enough for the coach to fall in love again and up his minutes and the cycle repeats. A tale as old as time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Tough to get him there with the 7 defensemen rotation.

Agree that Cole had a strong game, but I also believe a lot of his strong play comes when he's limited in minutes. I don't ever want to see him playing 18+ total minutes.
I would play Cole 25 minutes a game if him and Barrie are able to replicate their success from the start of the season. Agreed that if he's not able to, give him up to 15 minutes per game maximum.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Kerfoot is the one who has to go. Wilson has a role on the 4th line waiting for him, Kerfoot would screw even that up

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Wilson will walk in FA, easy call not to re-sign him. He's been a fine, if overpaid, depth role player here but zero chance he comes back even at a reduced salary.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Florida is such a bad team, 0 chances since Rads scored. 0 chances in the last 10 minutes. How could anyone sign with Florida.

Reactions: crue7

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Kerfoot is the one who has to go. Wilson has a role on the 4th line waiting for him, Kerfoot would screw even that up
Yeah and not only that but Wilson is our sure fire sit in the box on the too many men call guy. There's that for Wilson

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
For all the crap I've given Grubauer, Jost and Cole, they played great in a must win. For Dallas I'd scratch Gork and put Greer in. Last time in Dallas, we got physically beaten. We need to stand up and earn it next game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs and crue7

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why are people in a hurry to get rid of Calvert?

I've ragged on him a lot this season, but if he's a 10-12 minute per game 4th liner busting his tail every shift and providing the occasional goal, what's the issue? Obviously, keep him the **** away from the top-6 because he's not that sort of player (see MacKinnon dropping him the puck for an empty netter and Calvert whiffing). But I have no issues with him in a 4th line role.

Of course, I'd prefer him to be a lot cheaper, but money isn't an issue right now.

The players that this team needs to get rid of in the summer, IMO, are Alexander Kerfoot, Colin Wilson, Sven Andrighetto, and Gabriel Bourque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad