Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - OLE OLE OLE - BRUINS 4 Poutineville 2

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Nothing like a Bruins Habs game to stoke the hatred. They did all the things I expected, bunch of scummy, diving, crying, dirty losers. Keep them out of the playoffs for eternity for all I care.

Bertuzzi looked happy last night, got his first goal and made number one star, that was a big night for him. I loved feisty Sway....looking for a fight, he was riled. Love to see it. He tried hard for his goal, may get some more chances yet this season.

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON

In these highlights (thanks as always @Fenway) on the Bertuzzi goal, you can clearly see the puck in the net before the high stick to the mouth. you can also clearly see the ref check Bertuzzi for blood, and then signal "2" to him, and then as he skates away, signals "2" to the Habs bench. And yet there was no penalty on the play. Still confused by that one. As were Jack and Brick.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
11 left, 7-4 ties the record, 8-3 sets a new one

We play

TB
CAR
NSH
CBJ
PIT
STL
TOR
NJ
PHI
WSH
MTL

I feel good about it with that schedule, 6 games they have no business losing, 5 that are going to be more challenging but they can take them.

I have mixed feelings on the record. So much stuff could happen like they set it and stay healthy heading into the PO but 37, 88 and 73 get injured inside the first two games and can't come back the remainder of the PO. Something like that happens, they aren't going further than a 1st round win. So yeah the record would mean something.

Of course, they could get injured early in the game they could clinch the record and not obtain the record and be bounced in R1...lol.

It absolutely appears its a slam dunk that management and the majority of fans don't care about it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Sorry but I think someone should’ve jacked Gallagher. The hit on. Bergeron was intentional.

Why Gallagher, it was Pitlick.
Hathaway had his chance to be a Bruin. Montreal no less.

Very quiet as a Bruin. I doubt he is re-signed. Perhaps he invests in the playoffs.

Hathaway is far from the only guy that won't be back. Very good chance more than two of Bertuzzi, Hall, Orlov and Forbort won't be either.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
94D2E597-9AB6-441F-B0B3-A3245EBD127B.jpeg
5C830434-35F2-4B44-9F81-5A6CBBFFFD61.jpeg

thats it. Thats my post.

next victim.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Hathaway as 13F is a huge luxury. No way Freddy sits for him. Certainly not to start.

I can' see Foligno being ready for R1 given the injury he suffered and Hall
puts Greer out and Hathaway remains 4RW.

Better chance Foligno's injury reverts him back to '21-22 version than he moves Hathaway out of the lineup. Hathaway has been perfectly fine as a 4RW on a Cup
threat or favorite.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That Jake DeBrusk goal was a beauty, the sight of him skating all alone towards the net as the Habs D collapse on top of each other behind him… I am considering framing the image and putting it on my living room wall.

Outside of the goaltenders DeBrusk has been the B's best skater since he returned
AINEC.

Bertuzzi is a Bruin

Unfortunately it looks like for just this year. You sign him you are trying to trade
Hall.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Jim Montgomery was well aware of the discrepancy in the standings between the Bruins and Canadiens on Thursday morning.
While his team sets its sights on the NHL record for wins in a season, a rebuilding Montreal roster has fixed its attention on the draft lottery.
But a shift in fortunes didn’t stunt Montgomery’s enthusiasm ahead of the 756th meeting between these hockey institutions.
“I wish we played them, that team particularly, more,” Montgomery said. “Because it’s the Black and Gold vs. the Red, White, and Blue — it’s tradition of the game for me.”
No better was that sentiment validated than Thursday night on Causeway Street.

“These games against Montreal never get old,” Pastrnak said postgame. “It doesn’t really matter where in the standings each team [is]. When Montreal and the Bruins play, you know both teams are going to play hard. It’s a good win.”

The clubs logged a combined 39 minutes in the sin bin during Thursday’s meeting, turning a weekday tilt in the dog days of March into a vintage brouhaha.

The embers of the dormant rivalry were rekindled just 7:50 into play, when Montreal forward Rem Pitlick dropped Patrice Bergeron with a late check. Before Pitlick could pivot and glance up the frozen sheet, he was wrangled to the ice by an enraged Brad Marchand.

The Bruins left winger and Bergeron’s longtime comrade connected on a few hooks before the fracas was broken up.

“You don’t hit our captain late,” Montgomery said. “That was a three-second-late hit. I loved the fact that Marchand made the guy pay a price for doing that.”

Jeremy Swayman (29 saves), perhaps emboldened by Marc-Andre Fleury and Jordan Binnington’s unsanctioned bout last weekend, managed to get in on the hostilities after a snow shower from Jake Evans created another scrum near Boston’s crease.

Boston’s extended woes on the power play (0 for 5) helped keep Montreal off the mat for most of the night.

“Lack of execution by the players on the ice,” Montgomery said. “Our entries and breakout were poor. And it led to sloppiness and frustration for everybody, because we’re not building any momentum because all we’re doing is breaking out.”

Pastrnak nearly secured his 50th tally in the closing seconds. After Allen vacated his net, Marchand had a clear shooting lane. But rather than deliver the coup de grâce, Marchand lofted the puck over to Pastrnak in search of the milestone marker, only for the feed to be broken up.

“Emblematic of this team,” Montgomery said of Marchand’s attempted assist. “They’re incredibly selfless. You see guys sacrifice their bodies blocking shots. You see plays like that, it’s not the first time we’ve seen guys pass up empty-net goal to try and get somebody else. Whether they’re trying to get 20 goals, 50 goals, 800 points, 1,000 points. A lot of milestones this year.”

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
5 in a row.

Dare I say it, Zboril looked good.
Yes I agree, for not playing in many games seems it helped him
But all of you using Forbort and sometimes Carlo as your issue of the day look at the PK last night.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
That was a poor effort. All they are interested in is getting Pasta his 50 and getting their bonuses. This has to stop, or it will be a quick playoff exit. I don't expect them to play like this in the playoffs, but I am concerned they will not be able elevate their play far enough to win. Grz was good...some were fair to good. Cliffy, despite two assists, was very bad. Zboril is not an nhl defenseman. Sweeny please let him go if it is the last thing you do.
LOL early exit? OK

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Finish hits, agitate, make plays. Simple. Very good 4th liner is rather generous. Make an appearance in a Bruins-Habs game would be ideal. Largely underwhelming and average so far... no chance he plays over Frederic/Foligno at this point. Hathaway has much to prove.

Orlov was of course the main return in the trade... but Hathaway needs to be more impactful. Closer to Nosek (replaceable) than even Foligno in terms of impact.
I bet Hathaway plays over Freddy come playoff time when both Hall and Foligno are back

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
He’s done a lot of that, I really don’t know what you’re watching. He’s not Milan Lucic, idk what ppl were expecting. Said it in the Hathaway thread a day or two before he scored the gwg in Detroit

It’s not like he’s passing up on hits

Hathaway is always in hard on the forecheck. He's exactly what they've been missing in the playoffs. Plus he can score..he's everything you want in a fourth liner and he should absolutely be in the lineup.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Sorry to keep requesting this, but I missed much of the game as I was busy.

Which means I missed the scrums and physical play.

Neither NHL nor SportsNet include that content. They deliberately excise it.

Could someone post the physical aspects of last night's game?

I would appreciate it.

And, if anyone has suggestions for finding game highlights that aren't complete vanilla, please inform.

Thank you,

:help:

Reactions: capecodder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad