Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - OLE OLE OLE - BRUINS 4 Poutineville 2

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I tend to agree with you about Bedard going to Montreal. Obviously part of the reason is that I don't want that team to have nice things, but on a bigger level I want to see Bedard be successful. I haven't been this excited about a prospect entering the NHL since Crosby. I love watching elite players, no matter what team they play for. I want Bedard to go to a team where he can flourish and become the generational player I feel he has every chance of becoming.
There is less than 5 generational players all time.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If the NHL had any brains they would drop Bedard right in Arizona. Montreal, Chicago etc fans are showing up no matter what happens with the team. If that kid ends up in Montreal the fix was in.
I have a feeling he's gifted to the Blackhawks but the Coyotes makes sense because Bettman is desperate to make the Yotes a thing. New arena and elite talent is all he can hope for

Reactions: GoBs

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
not a Hab fan by any means but sad watching Drouin, guy simply looks disinterested completely. Really too bad, got to know him a little in Halifax where he played for 3 yrs, great kid, helluva Junior player and a really quiet, humble kid off the ice.

Really hope he finds personal happiness

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I wouldn’t worry about that.

They (the Canadiens and the Montreal media) will find a way to ruin his career and make his life miserable. They’ll botch the rebuild and Bedard will take less money to get the hell out of there and go somewhere else.

I think Montreal isn’t a place most players want to play for numerous reasons, anyway. I can’t speak for anyone, but unless I had no choice, Montreal is probably the last place I’d want to play if I were a player. I’m not just saying that because I’m a Bruins fan or because of any supposed language issues. I’d play in Quebec City (if they had a team) in a heartbeat.

We have no idea how good Bedard will be when he gets to the NHL. But don’t panic if he ends up in Montreal. They’ll ruin it somehow.
Entertainment value if they draft him and he refuses to report as Lindros did with Quebec Nordiques. That said, I would not want them to get the trade haul that Quebec/Colorado did, since Lindros basically helped build the foundation of the Avs Cup winning team: Eric Lindros trade shook foundations of NHL

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Finish hits, agitate, make plays. Simple. Very good 4th liner is rather generous. Make an appearance in a Bruins-Habs game would be ideal. Largely underwhelming and average so far... no chance he plays over Frederic/Foligno at this point. Hathaway has much to prove.

Orlov was of course the main return in the trade... but Hathaway needs to be more impactful. Closer to Nosek (replaceable) than even Foligno in terms of impact.

Yeah I completely disagree. He’s doing his job.

This same thing would happen x100 if this team ever acquired a guy like Ryan Reaves like so many people ask for. The vision of these ultra villains taking names, cracking skulls, and embarrassing other teams nightly doesn’t exist. Highlights aren’t what’s happening the majority of the time.

Hathaways jobs is to throw some guys off their game every now and then, draw some penalties, put up some points, and work hard as a bottom line forward. He’s doing it so far.

In terms of comparing him to Fredric, the one thing you can definitively say is Hathaway has proven himself in the playoffs. Fred has not done that. Not saying he can’t, but so far he has not shown the ability to raise his game to playoff level.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In these highlights (thanks as always @Fenway) on the Bertuzzi goal, you can clearly see the puck in the net before the high stick to the mouth. you can also clearly see the ref check Bertuzzi for blood, and then signal "2" to him, and then as he skates away, signals "2" to the Habs bench. And yet there was no penalty on the play. Still confused by that one. As were Jack and Brick.
The reason is/was ineptitude and bias.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
pleasantly surprised

Probably barely broke the skin but he played it up by running down the tunnel. At first he looked shocked, but then he thought about it and played it up. There was a small cut but no missing teeth but the NHL still had to spend. As you said, I'm also pleasantly surprised that it's only a one-game suspension.
Still, I want Bruins to punish along the boards and in front of our goalie. Putting the team a man down is dumb. Any moron can use a stick and injure another player even if he is a puke.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Probably barely broke the skin but he played it up by running down the tunnel. At first he looked shocked, but then he thought about it and played it up. There was a small cut but no missing teeth but the NHL still had to spend. As you said, I'm also pleasantly surprised that it's only a one-game suspension.
Still, I want Bruins to punish along the boards and in front of our goalie. Putting the team a man down is dumb. Any moron can use a stick and injure another player even if he is a puke.
Lol man his whole face is stitched up. U should see the cut on his chin it’s pretty nasty lol. I can’t say with a straight face he probably barely got cut. There a whole video of him crying about it and his whole chin is destroyed lol.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Foligno, against huge odds turned back time once this year. After this injury, it will take an almost Herculean effort for him to dislodge anyone from the line up if Hall is back in. I can't see him doing it again given the injury he suffered.
Foligno will start, when he can. He won't come out unless he is really bad

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
So, we're cool with posting the freeway finger now? The last time I posted this it got deleted.......still not sure why. I mean, who 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 want to let the good people of Poutineville know their team is the most bestest team ever.

View attachment 675166
Who is that? I want to say Cashman, but don't think so.

If the NHL had any brains they would drop Bedard right in Arizona. Montreal, Chicago etc fans are showing up no matter what happens with the team. If that kid ends up in Montreal the fix was in.
Yup fill all 5000 seats.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Yup. That word gets used up by people today. I don’t see generational except for McD. We have great players, but that’s what they are, great not GEN.
I tend to agree, but I would add some places in that area for players who changed, mould, impacted the game in some aspect. IMO I might add some other guys. Brodeur in net with puck handling, Gainey, for which the Selke trophy was named, Boston 37 at the dot for which rules where changed etc... But from your POV I do beleive we currently have one generational player and that os 97!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad