Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - OLE OLE OLE - BRUINS 4 Poutineville 2

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Marchand and Pastrnak mostly just stand around on the PP. All marchand does is feed it to the middle. He should watch some Marc Savard highlights for what to do on the half wall. And Pastas just waiting for the one timer if he isn't turning it over. Too much expecting things to work and not enough forcing new looks.

I'd switch JDB and Marchand's roles for a bit.

JDB has the explosiveness that Marchand doesn't seem to have right now. I'd rather he have the puck at the half boards and he can skate and try to create with his legs or shoot.

Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Mrs. 103, my friends, and I had a great time at the game last night. I would have liked a 15-0 shutout, but I’ll settle for a 4-2 victory.

I’d like to know why there wasn’t a penalty called on Montreal when Bert got high-sticked in the face. Anyone?

The Habs were real chippy last night and definitely wanted that game. As much as their fans want to tank for Bedard, I think some of the Canadiens players are a little embarrassed at holding up the bottom of the division. They tried to flex a little, but Marchand, Greer, and even Swayman had other ideas. Swayman was ready to throw down! His stock went way up with me. He’s going to have a fight one of these days. I can feel it. Jordan Binnington and the Blues are still on the schedule… Nice to know the Bruins aren’t going to take anyone’s shit and are setting a tone for the playoffs.

I also loved Swayman shooting for the empty net. Very aggressive.

I was somewhat concerned over the lack of shots; difficulty entering the Canadiens’ zone; and overpassing, but overall I was very entertained. :)

PS: anyone who thinks this rivalry isn’t a rivalry anymore should tell the players that. Sure looked like some bad blood out there to me.

PPS: I found this in my FB Bruins album. This was taken several years ago, but my ursine brothers and sisters north of the border will appreciate it!
1679672823663.jpeg

Last edited:

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
Everyone talking about the PP and I saw a couple of issues on the PK. If the plan is to have our single defensemen to cover two players on the opposite side of the crease as they did with Zboril covering the top of the crease and Orlov playing off, we will start giving up a lot more goals. We seemed to do the same thing with Orlov taking the top of the crease on the first goal they scored. I get that McAvoy was flowing out to the puck, but it pulled Orlov away from the crease. I know, people are going to bring up who good our penalty kill has been this season. I get it, but that was concerning.

I still want a bigger body at the front of the crease on the PP. We need to have a screen for the goalie.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I would even go with 4 forwards, have Lindholm on PP1 and Orlov on PP2. Mac is such a great defender, we can maximize his defensive and 5x5 abilities by having him less consumed on the special teams.
at this point, i want to balance the time PP1 and PP2 get a bit, not 50/50 but like 57/43. PP2 hasn't been anything to write home about, but PP1 really needs to pull their heads out of their asses. I'd also like to roll PP2 out first once in a while, just to change things up. Especially at home, maybe get a better match-up or something. I agree with having Lindy and Orlov on the points and 4 forwards. Unless there's a faceoff with ~20 or less left, then get Mac out there as well.

Reactions: 8thRoundPick

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's a great day following a win over the Habs. It's made even greater looking back at how every time the Habs tried to take liberties on a B the Bs responded with even greater force. Hit Bergy, get taken down and beaten by Brad, with the stripes being your only savior. Then later get greenlighted by Bergy. Snow job Sway, fine, get taken down hard by Chucky, Want to slash and crosscheck Greer before the faceoff...cool. Eat a stick then try to find a good dentist.

This team gets it. The coaches get it. This is Bruins hockey. Win and take no prisoners.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It's a great day following a win over the Habs. It's made even greater looking back at how every time the Habs tried to take liberties on a B the Bs responded with even greater force. Hit Bergy, get taken down and beaten by Brad, with the stripes being your only savior. Then later get greenlighted by Bergy. Snow job Sway, fine, get taken down hard by Chucky, Want to slash and crosscheck Greer before the faceoff...cool. Eat a stick then try to find a good dentist.

This team gets it. The coaches get it. This is Bruins hockey. Win and take no prisoners.
Great post. Too bad I can only “like” it once.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If the NHL had any brains they would drop Bedard right in Arizona. Montreal, Chicago etc fans are showing up no matter what happens with the team. If that kid ends up in Montreal the fix was in.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If the NHL had any brains they would drop Bedard right in Arizona. Montreal, Chicago etc fans are showing up no matter what happens with the team. If that kid ends up in Montreal the fix was in.
I wouldn’t worry about that.

They (the Canadiens and the Montreal media) will find a way to ruin his career and make his life miserable. They’ll botch the rebuild and Bedard will take less money to get the hell out of there and go somewhere else.

I think Montreal isn’t a place most players want to play for numerous reasons, anyway. I can’t speak for anyone, but unless I had no choice, Montreal is probably the last place I’d want to play if I were a player. I’m not just saying that because I’m a Bruins fan or because of any supposed language issues. I’d play in Quebec City (if they had a team) in a heartbeat.

We have no idea how good Bedard will be when he gets to the NHL. But don’t panic if he ends up in Montreal. They’ll ruin it somehow.

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Man o man had the TSN feed yesterday and that made for a rough watch.

Dave Poulin isn't quite sure of anything. Ever. Penalty warranted on that play Dave? Not quite sure. Why did this or that happen Dave? I'm not quite sure. The one thing I'm sure of is Dave Poulin is as bland as it gets.

Plus the distinguished homerism. Not Jack's low level of blind homerism - being somewhat sarcastic here - it's distinguished. Had to mute several times.

But the worst was the production value. You can always mute the above, but more than half a dozen times we missed faceoffs and/or significant sequences because they were showing highlights or a montage or anything but the f***ing game. They missed the whole sequence that led to Krejci's goal because the camera was hypnotized by the puck scrum along the half boards. TSN production crews are too used to working at curling pace now.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I wouldn’t worry about that.

They (the Canadiens and the Montreal media) will find a way to ruin his career and make his life miserable. They’ll botch the rebuild and Bedard will take less money to get the hell out of there and go somewhere else.

I think Montreal isn’t a place most players want to play for numerous reasons, anyway. I can’t speak for anyone, but unless I had no choice, Montreal is probably the last place I’d want to play if I were a player. I’m not just saying that because I’m a Bruins fan or because of any supposed language issues. I’d play in Quebec City (if they had a team) in a heartbeat.

We have no idea how good Bedard will be when he gets to the NHL. But don’t panic if he ends up in Montreal. They’ll ruin it somehow.
I tend to agree with you about Bedard going to Montreal. Obviously part of the reason is that I don't want that team to have nice things, but on a bigger level I want to see Bedard be successful. I haven't been this excited about a prospect entering the NHL since Crosby. I love watching elite players, no matter what team they play for. I want Bedard to go to a team where he can flourish and become the generational player I feel he has every chance of becoming.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I tend to agree with you about Bedard going to Montreal. Obviously part of the reason is that I don't want that team to have nice things, but on a bigger level I want to see Bedard be successful. I haven't been this excited about a prospect entering the NHL since Crosby. I love watching elite players, no matter what team they play for. I want Bedard to go to a team where he can flourish and become the generational player I feel he has every chance of becoming.
I hear you there. Connor Bedard deserves a chance to flourish. He’s innocent in all this.

winterwill

Apr 13, 2006
Bear Island
8:30 am....parked my car, wearing Bruins hat & Celtics jacket. Man who parked his car next. " Great day to be a Bruins fan". Me, " Anytime you beat the Habs it is a great day, no matter where each are in the standings" . Fellow Bruins fan gives me " a thumbs up "

Wore mine to work because I'm surrounded by Flyers fans and one Oiler fan.
Every time one of them looked at me disapprovingly, I stretched my arms out and started singing our goal song.
Good time to be a Bruins fan, indeed.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Man o man had the TSN feed yesterday and that made for a rough watch.

Dave Poulin isn't quite sure of anything. Ever. Penalty warranted on that play Dave? Not quite sure. Why did this or that happen Dave? I'm not quite sure. The one thing I'm sure of is Dave Poulin is as bland as it gets.

Plus the distinguished homerism. Not Jack's low level of blind homerism - being somewhat sarcastic here - it's distinguished. Had to mute several times.

But the worst was the production value. You can always mute the above, but more than half a dozen times we missed faceoffs and/or significant sequences because they were showing highlights or a montage or anything but the f***ing game. They missed the whole sequence that led to Krejci's goal because the camera was hypnotized by the puck scrum along the half boards. TSN production crews are too used to working at curling pace now.
I had to mute it, I couldn't stand it anymore. They are buffoons.

Hopefully Matthews will sign with Arizona and that will help them and we won't have to see him very often, so sick of hearing about him. I am pretty sure the fix is in every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad