Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
agree with most of that except Tavares did create several great scoring chances early last game and had some terrific shifts. Also I don't think Boston's big guns came to life Marchand has been a no-show I don't care if he got an empty net goal and a total fluke pp goal last night and I have barely even never noticed Bergeron or on the ice the entire series. I think our media made a snap decision to praise Boston's coach for breaking up their top line and now they're just ignoring the part where those players are all still playing way worse than usual.

Bergeron won 17 face offs in game 6. He looked hurt or sick in the middle of the series but was much better yesterday,
Marchand has been really good all series.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What you need to know is both the Leafs and the Raptors are winning tomorrow

It comes to what both the Raptors and the Leafs have: Superior talent, you will see

But both teams need to leave the yapping at the officials to the coaches, as there will be unfair calls, but yapping by player not coaches can make it worse, leading to sorrow

Leafs and Raptors are great on the turnover and then go, go, go! The transiton game for both is the path to victory

Who are the Raptors playing? Go them....

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
40 years cheering for this team.

I really hope the youngest on here look back when they're 50 like me and have some better memories than I do.

Mostly because I'll be in my 80s by then and out of time LOL.

ElbowLander

Jan 12, 2018
Blaming the coach or suggesting he’ll be fired is a reach.
Blaming him is not a reach. The guy gets outcoached on a daily basis. Your right he wont be fired because people still think he is a good coach. This will cost us Keefe

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Leafs need to learn how to close teams out and not let them back in series.

Serious contenders know this. That's why the Leafs are still in the learning phase. They are close it could happen any time. Even this year if they manage to win tomorrow.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
if the Leafs win tomorrow... they'll go to the finals imo... Boston is the ultimate test, they're solid at every position...

I'll be rocking my darcy tucker jersey tomorrow... GO LEAFS!

And if they lose it's going to hurt watching Boston in the Finals.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I mean I've been cheering since 93, half this board is not prepared for a long playoff run if the 1st round is giving them problems.
If you haven't gotten laid in 15 years, you needs some time to get back into it. You'll give Willy time but not us? :p

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
And if they lose it's going to hurt watching Boston in the Finals.
if the Leafs lose... I'm done... couldn't watch the rest of the playoffs last year either... Toronto has an even better team this year though.... if they stay out of the box... I think they can do it...

I'm confident in Freddy... last game... he had the save of the playoffs so far imo...I think he's going to be the difference maker...

Reactions: Rob Brown

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
if the Leafs lose... I'm done... couldn't watch the rest of the playoffs last year either... Toronto has an even better team this year though.... if they stay out of the box... I think they can do it...

I'm confident in Freddy... last game... he had the save of the playoffs so far imo...I think he's going to be the difference maker...
It would be a refreshing change to not have to rely on Freddy to save our bacon. Would love to see the boys in front of him go to him and say “ we’ve got this one tonight “. :)

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Sometimes I start daydreaming about a beautiful OT Matthew's snipe and then I think about the last two game 7s and wonder why the hell I'm getting my hopes up again... we need this game so much as a fanbase.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Just win, I don't care how but we need to make the second round (finally)

I'm already anxious/nervous as hell, tomorrow at this time we'll know our fate.....Unless it goes into OT in which case I'll be having a heart attack at this time

Reactions: robertmac43

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Will Tavares outduel Bergeron?

He could be the Hero tomorrow. Rising from the ashes of 1 EN goal in 6 games to have a game for the ages.

Hang a minus on 37 and give Leafs fans the best game 7 memory since Nick Borchevsky.

He can do it. He's done it before. I want to beLeaf!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Will Tavares outduel Bergeron?

He could be the Hero tomorrow. Rising from the ashes of 1 EN goal in 6 games to have a game for the ages.

Hang a minus on 37 and give Leafs fans the best game 7 memory since Nick Borchevsky.

He can do it. He's done it before. I want to beLeaf!

To be honest, I'd be perfectly content with Tavares / Marner / Hyman and the Bergeron / Marchand line cancelling each other out.

That would leave the fate of game 7 to the other game breakers on the roster, and much like in game 5, I think the Leafs have more of them - starting with Matthews.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
You have 1 game to change the narratively, completely.

No more talk about choking.

No more talk about game 7 nightmares.

No more talk about getting owned by the Bruins.

It's all in their hands. I know how badly they want it. We all do.

But it's time for them to go out and earn it.

Learn the lessons from game 6, and show some ruthlessness tomorrow.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Who are the Raptors playing? Go them....
The Raptors are beating the Orlando Magic tomorrow.

It's not a sin to be a fan of all Toronto teams and we need to get past some thinking that the Raptors distract Leafs management or somehow the Leafs condemn

we got the technocrat Dubas with all his analytics! Executive of the year every year for the next decade! He's like Masai Ujiri! Provided we keep sacrificing toughness for skill in the Post Concussion Syndrome aware NHL, there will be no sorrow !

Leafs in a do or die, Raptors can close out a series, and Jays tank is failing miserably! Raptor got the best player in Toronto in Kawhi Leonard, the Leafs have 2 potential generational players in Matthews and Nylander! Tomorrow could be quite the gem!

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If you want to nullify Bergys line. Why not throw:

Hyman Tavares Kapanen

at them.

Johnsson Matty Marner

Moore Willy Brown

Marleau GOAT Ennis.

Double shift Matty on 4th line to try to catch Bruins napping and pop one in on them before they can react.

The unexpected is how you win.

Predictability will kill us.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad