Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I am going to watch the game. But as usual I going to listen to Doc Emrich, even though I have to listen to Milbury as well. ALthough for some strange reason Milbury still to me, is better than any guy we have in Canada. Lol.

Emrich has a rich voice. Up there with Foster Hewitt, Bill Hewitt, Danny Gallivan and Bob Cole.

Best of them of all is Joe Bowen, I don't know what Joe Bowen did to get relegated to radio, but it musta been a doozy.

Sorry correction that very good ex NHLer we have, who is excellent at dissecting what is going on, is better than Milbury.

And these ex NHLers tend to give more respect to present day NHLers. Sort of like a brotherhood

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Just a little too much basketball talk on the radio for my liking. But I can easily turn it off . Hopefully OverDrive doesn’t go overboard with it after if the Leafs are eliminated tomorrow.
Don't despair - there will be 'round the clock coverage of both the Raptors and the Leafs! Dubas has amassed considerable skill on this Leafs team and they are better than Boston but only at even strength

Just like the Raptors have Kawhi Leonard and Pascal Siakam, the Leafs have Matthews and Nylander! Just amazing tallent! Both the Raptors and the Leafs through their skill should be able to impose their will, yet here we sit as Toronto sports fans, and look at our lot: “born free, and he is everywhere in chains. Those who think themselves the masters of others are indeed greater slaves than they.” as said by ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau Jean-Jacques Rousseau Quotes (Author of The Social Contract)

We really should not fret it too much as at least one of the 2 will probably win tomorrow and if the Raptors lose tomorrow they still have 2 more chances to move on. If the Leafs lose, there will be around the clock coverage of two things: the Toronto Raptors and a dreaded and infinite postmortem of the Leafs season and all sorts of poorly thought out demands for trading away excessive skill., You best beg the Leafs and the Raptors to win so that on sports radio can be filled with the vastly preferable outrageously over- analyzed game analysis, rather than fart catchers looking for deeper meaning if players show up together in an Uber rather than driving their own car for post- season interviews and dissecting Leafs trade deadline moves made or not made, Ad nauseam and at length

Let's just hope the Raptors and the Leafs show their skill and go with the flow!

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I am going to watch the game. But as usual I going to listen to Doc Emrich, even though I have to listen to Milbury as well. ALthough for some strange reason Milbury still to me, is better than any guy we have in Canada. Lol.

Emrich has a rich voice. Up there with Foster Hewitt, Bill Hewitt, Danny Gallivan and Bob Cole.

Best of them of all is Joe Bowen, I don't know what Joe Bowen did to get relegated to radio, but it musta been a doozy.

Sorry correction that very good ex NHLer we have, who is excellent at dissecting what is going on, is better than Milbury.

And these ex NHLers tend to give more respect to present day NHLers. Sort of like a brotherhood
Emrick*

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Man would have been amazing to see the leafs eliminate Boston yesterday like Dallas just did to the Preds...oh well..let’s hope we pull it off tomorrow

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
This is the strongest the leafs will be over the next 3 years. In the coming years they'll have to constantly get rid of salary and they don't have any high end prospects coming up except for Liljegren and Sandin.

Florida and Buffalo have accumulated way more assets.

Florida also made a huge upgrade in coaching and, more importantly, will make a huge upgrade in goaltending. And the possibility of Panarin heading there.

Buffalo's ascension is less certain but their problems are fixable and they have a lot of draft picks and prospects to solve their issues.

My prediction is that the leafs will spend the next 3-4 years in a dogfight to just make the playoffs in a stacked division.
Jeremy Bracco will be on the team next season and he is predicted to be a top-6 performer at some point. Very good prospect. Someone can break out with a good season or two at any time and become a can't miss prospect, like those listed.

Rosen could be useful next season.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
As long as gardiner is on this team we are destined to lose. He was on the ice when Bergeron scored in OT back in 2013 and -5 in game 7 last year

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
We have at least 6 or 7 guys that have the ability to break this game open, if they decide to show up.

The one guy we know for a fact will bring his A-game is Morgan Rielly. It was as clear as ever in Game 6 - this team rides or dies with him.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Where did I say 5 minutes? And 10-12 minutes of Mueller couldn't be any worse than what we're getting from Marleau. Mueller can skate and I would wager he would be able to keep up with the pace of play more than Marleau. Mueller also led the Marlies in points this year and has 5 in 2 playoff games???
Marleau is DONE. His career is over. Nothing left after 1900 games.

So you want to call up a 32-year-old AHL journeyman and immediately give him 3rd-line minutes in a playoffs elimination game?

It appears I gave you too much credit.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Lets just beat these guys tomorrow night. Gonna be tough, Marchand has obviously made a deal with the devil. He has turned into a massive all time NHL talent.

I hated Marchand always, but I have to say, ole, new RATFACE(replacing Alfredsson) has turned into a massive NHL player of the top 100 of all time.

Bergeron is a total beast.

Should be a huge game. Boston Garden(f*** the td center b.s. ) will be wild

I wouldn't put it past the Bruins to coerce Bobby Orr to attend. Although Bobby might politely( he was amazing that way) to decline.

Its a do or die game. Should be something.

Reactions: AreBe

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
one of these shits should grow some balls and call a players only meeting before the game, get the bullshit sorted out, f*** meeting with egocock, you boys sort it out and win the f***ing game. Enough of this hope for the best bullshit, GO CLAIM THIS f***ER.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Wooh game day! If we win this game we can go to the finals.

Lets come out strong and get the first goal.

GLG

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
giphy.gif

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If the lines dont work, something needs to be done. If only a easy shift of one player. Moore or Ennis or kapanen. And go 3lines at the end of the game if trailing.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I hope the Bruins asking the refs to watch the 'slew footing' doesn't get in our boys heads. I think not taking penalties will already be on their mind but we still want them to play hard. f***ing Boston.....

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
According to Tim and Sid the officials for tonight are known to let them play, which could be bad for the Leafs because Marchand and Bergeron will clutch and grab and manhandle the Leafs with no calls. We need Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->