Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
According to Tim and Sid the officials for tonight are known to let them play, which could be bad for the Leafs because Marchand and Bergeron will clutch and grab and manhandle the Leafs with no calls. We need Kadri.

Good for the Leafs if they don’t have to play on the PK. I like our chances better at 5v5 unless “letting them play” means what it did in game 2.

I am so damn nervous for this game. I want to be the optimistic fan that says the Leafs will play a big game and show Boston who the better team is, but I’m worried to see the same lack of intensity we saw in game 6.

Doesn’t help that I had a dream we lost 5-1.

I’m going to be so distracted at work this morning.

Reactions: AreBe

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
According to Tim and Sid the officials for tonight are known to let them play, which could be bad for the Leafs because Marchand and Bergeron will clutch and grab and manhandle the Leafs with no calls. We need Kadri.
Game 2 rule book toss?
Disaster if goon show gong show is what we see
We need to be able to skate an we’ll be the boss
But if the Leafs win, the path forward is not so bad, gee

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I want to wake up tomorrow morning, with the birds chirping outside my window and the radio announcing the Leafs have moved on to the next round.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
B26334BF-5EDD-4BFB-89BD-49DCF9E969F7.jpeg

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
if the Leafs win tomorrow... they'll go to the finals imo... Boston is the ultimate test, they're solid at every position...

I'll be rocking my darcy tucker jersey tomorrow... GO LEAFS!

And if they lose it's going to hurt watching Boston in the Finals.
Columbus is no joke... Whoever wins this doesn't have a cake walk to the finals.

Doubtful.

Playoffs are not a lock for the leafs next year. Not even close to being a lock.

I expect both Florida and Buffalo to surpass them next season.

This is the strongest the leafs will be over the next 3 years. In the coming years they'll have to constantly get rid of salary and they don't have any high end prospects coming up except for Liljegren and Sandin.

Florida and Buffalo have accumulated way more assets.

Florida also made a huge upgrade in coaching and, more importantly, will make a huge upgrade in goaltending. And the possibility of Panarin heading there.

Buffalo's ascension is less certain but their problems are fixable and they have a lot of draft picks and prospects to solve their issues.

My prediction is that the leafs will spend the next 3-4 years in a dogfight to just make the playoffs in a stacked division.

Lol leafs are WAY ahead of both of those teams and our young guys (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Dermott, Johnnson, Kapanen) will continue to improve. We won't be struggling to make playoffs for years to come.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
It's kind of BS that they handed him a suspension for "the rest of the series". Now that it's gone 7 games he'll be serving 5, and I just don't think his actions was worth that many. It would be nice to have him back right about now.

Reactions: hoglund

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
It's kind of BS that they handed him a suspension for "the rest of the series". Now that it's gone 7 games he'll be serving 5, and I just don't think his actions was worth that many. It would be nice to have him back right about now.

It's true, but repeat offenders like Kadri get harsher and harsher penalties as the infractions add up. It's sort of amazing that our management didn't see this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad