Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Why isn't Chris Mueller playing in this game?
65p in 60gp regular season and just scored twice in the playoffs. Plays C as well.
Sure keep him in the Marlies while playing Marleau and Gauthier....even if he was called up Babs wouldn't put him in anyways. ****.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
65p in 60gp regular season and just scored twice in the playoffs. Plays C as well.
Sure keep him in the Marlies while playing Marleau and Gauthier....even if he was called up Babs wouldn't put him in anyways. ****.

Because hes not an NHL player?

The difference in this series hasnt been Gauthier. Its been the PK. Thats it.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Because hes not an NHL player?

The difference in this series hasnt been Gauthier. Its been the PK. Thats it.
He's had a great year and hes's 32. Not over the hill yet.
You'd have to be out of your mind to not want to have him in there over Marleau or Gauthier.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Impressive hot take, wow.

Let's play a guy in game 7 who hasn't played in 4 years..

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
I cant believe we signed Tavares. Doesnt show up when we need him

I've mentioned that I was so so on the Tavares signing. Reason being is his speed, at best he has average speed now and it's showing in this series. The game will pass him as he gets older he will have a hard time keeping up. The game is getting quicker and the players coming in are getting faster. His lack of speed will be noticeable in the next year or two and his contract will be a burden.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
He's had a great year and hes's 32. Not over the hill yet.
You'd have to be out of your mind to not want to have him in there over Marleau or Gauthier.

It’s a strange hill to plant your flag on.

He’s not the difference maker this team is missing.

The AHL and NHL are vastly different leagues.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Hes not the biggest problem, not by a long shot.

Our PK cant stop the Bruins PP. Like thats it.
Mueller plays a solid two way game. Throw him on the PK too. They don't exactly play a complicated PK system, I'm sure hes seen it before.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
when it comes to mike babcock there is not original concept ---->>>>> "Dig In"

in game adjustments or line tinkering when trailing in the game? "Dig In"

why do marleau and brown keep playing when leafs are trailing? "fountain of youth kicking in--Gud Pros -- Dig In"

what is your game plan for game 7 given you have not been able to take advantage after leading the series 2-1;3-2 "Dig In"

that's interesting coach I see you have answered everything with "Dig In" what you mean by that? "Original Concept--->>>> Dig In"

Leafs fans: ........ WTF..... umm...... ....

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Game 7 of the NHL playoffs and Babs is going to replace Marleau with a player having zero NHL games. Yeah, I can see that happening.
He's played in the league before and been dominant in the AHL. Do you think Marleau could put up the same numbers at this point?
Marleau would be a .5-.7 PPG player in the AHL right now with his lack of skating, Mueller is over 1 PPG.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He's played in the league before and been dominant in the AHL. Do you think Marleau could put up the same numbers at this point?
Marleau would be a .5-.7 PPG player in the AHL right now with his lack of skating, Mueller is over 1 PPG.

You might be right but Babs is one stubborn SOB. At this point I'd be happy if he put JT on the PK to take draws and limit Marleau's minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad