Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
you know whats crazy.... leafs and bruins will probably in round 1 again for the next couple of years
thanks to this wonderful format

Doubtful.

Playoffs are not a lock for the leafs next year. Not even close to being a lock.

I expect both Florida and Buffalo to surpass them next season.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
So many emotions right now.
This game needs to happen. We need to know where the team stands. Then hopefully necessary changes come. We can all debate what they are. Coach? D? Nylander/ kadri etc? All the above?
Either way , it’ll be quite clear after tomorrow.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The angst is palpable in this thread . . .

Hope for the best . . . but prepare for the worst, which is more free time for yourself . . .

Well look, if the Cubs can win the World Series, then maybe one day the Leafs can win too.

:baghead:

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I see it going one of two ways...

an extremely intense heart pounding chess match... lots of trapping and the ultimate duel between Freddy and Rask...

or

a bad blowout

hopefully the first one

I've been talking with random people around my city about the series all month... Canadians really are obsessed with hockey... I walk my dog today and run into an 80 year old something grandma... all pimped out in Leaf gear... even Leaf socks... and we talk about hockey for an hour.... we deserve a cup... don't f*** it up Toronto... the pressure is on....

I'll pm $50 in canadiantire money to anyone that nancy kerrigan's Chara's Knee...

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Doubtful.

Playoffs are not a lock for the leafs next year. Not even close to being a lock.

I expect both Florida and Buffalo to surpass them next season.
Oh come on! There are some great skill guys on the Marlies and who knows who we can pick up from the KHL!
Thinking that the Leafs won't keep acquiring skill and speed is darn well treason

We got Babcock as coach and he believes in statistics, we have never had such outstanding management with a commitment to professional scouting, they even have their own analytics department! Celebrate! They are telling the dinosaurs to go to hell!

We will keep getting speedsters, play-makers, Harlem Globetrotters on Ice! Celebrate! Technocrat Dubas has bashed down the door and delivered a special package marked "reason"!

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Leafs need to learn how to close teams out and not let them back in series.

Serious contenders know this. That's why the Leafs are still in the learning phase. They are close it could happen any time. Even this year if they manage to win tomorrow.

Washington just failed to close out the series and they’re the cup champs. Sometime it takes 7, and I am confident the leafs finish it tomorrow

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Why? Neither team is as good as the leafs

This is the strongest the leafs will be over the next 3 years. In the coming years they'll have to constantly get rid of salary and they don't have any high end prospects coming up except for Liljegren and Sandin.

Florida and Buffalo have accumulated way more assets.

Florida also made a huge upgrade in coaching and, more importantly, will make a huge upgrade in goaltending. And the possibility of Panarin heading there.

Buffalo's ascension is less certain but their problems are fixable and they have a lot of draft picks and prospects to solve their issues.

My prediction is that the leafs will spend the next 3-4 years in a dogfight to just make the playoffs in a stacked division.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Washington just failed to close out the series and they’re the cup champs. Sometime it takes 7, and I am confident the leafs finish it tomorrow

We know Washington is a serious contender. They don't need to prove anything. The Leafs on the other hand don't get the benefit of the doubt they need to earn it on the ice.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
We know Washington is a serious contender. They don't need to prove anything. The Leafs on the other hand don't get the benefit of the doubt they need to earn it on the ice.
exactly they won the cup, we have not won a series with this core, id simply like your post but that function has been disabled for me lol.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This is the strongest the leafs will be over the next 3 years. In the coming years they'll have to constantly get rid of salary and they don't have any high end prospects coming up except for Liljegren and Sandin.

Florida and Buffalo have accumulated way more assets.

Florida also made a huge upgrade in coaching and, more importantly, will make a huge upgrade in goaltending. And the possibility of Panarin heading there.

Buffalo's ascension is less certain but their problems are fixable and they have a lot of draft picks and prospects to solve their issues.

My prediction is that the leafs will spend the next 3-4 years in a dogfight to just make the playoffs in a stacked division.
:laugh:

Reactions: Rob Brown

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Leafs need to win this game, but if not then at least bring the beating to them

seeing jackets crush boston would make things better for me

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Raptors are beating the Orlando Magic tomorrow.

It's not a sin to be a fan of all Toronto teams and we need to get past some thinking that the Raptors distract Leafs management or somehow the Leafs condemn

we got the technocrat Dubas with all his analytics! Executive of the year every year for the next decade! He's like Masai Ujiri! Provided we keep sacrificing toughness for skill in the Post Concussion Syndrome aware NHL, there will be no sorrow !

Leafs in a do or die, Raptors can close out a series, and Jays tank is failing miserably! Raptor got the best player in Toronto in Kawhi Leonard, the Leafs have 2 potential generational players in Matthews and Nylander! Tomorrow could be quite the gem!

Just a little too much basketball talk on the radio for my liking. But I can easily turn it off . Hopefully OverDrive doesn’t go overboard with it after if the Leafs are eliminated tomorrow.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I’m not so cynical that I’d trade in a series win for an I-Told-You-So. I think I speak for most grumpy old farts on here in saying, we’d gladly be wrong and eat all the crow that is coming to us.
Look at it this way: Dubas the technocrat is embracing three key elements: Speed, speed and speed.

The NHL is Post Concussion Syndrome aware and fighting is going to be as odd as it is in other sports, fighting will be superfluous

Our technocrat Dubas has an analytics department! We went from no statistics at all to an analytics department! It's like we got Windows Excel to work! And plotting development of players, always in the first quadrant, up and to the right! Statistics, charts and graphs, our GM can read! (Content - The four quadrants)

We need the Leafs to win so that the age of reason can continue, and the toughness crowd gets no false vindication for their ancient and ill- suited to the modern game ideas. Dubas must be given more freedom to keep raising the skill level of the team and of that there is no need to discuss.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Would like to see some double shifts with Matthew's, give him a few with Nylamder and trybt on nexplout thatblower half of the Bruins lineup. And maybe don't play the 4th line beyond then first half of the 2nd period.

Its do or die tomorrow, no need to rest anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad