Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. WHAT AN ORIGINAL CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I actually think we have a better chance of winning game 7 than we did winning game 6. The Leafs seem to play better away than home for whatever reason. I think it's because Babcock gets too obsessed with line matching at home.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The call on Ennis was immediately followed by a delay of game to fix the glass. This delay seemed to hurt momentum and took the energy out of the crowd. Perhaps we could have seen a much more energized PK than what we got.

Bruins also changed PP tactics to keep the puck deep in the Leafs zone in order to prevent all those shorthanded scoring chances. Special teams needs to adjust.

The delay took the energy out of the crowd? Wow.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How don't we have a chance? We're going into Game 7 of a series that has literally been back and forth the entire way through. It's not like we have lost all 3 in Boston. This makes zero sense.
It's 50/50. We've won twice there, it's Game 7, anything can happen. We will be more motivated than ever to erase last year. The Bruins know we are more formidable.

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
Well that sucks, i don't know who'd actually prefer a game 5 raptors vs magic game over boston-toronto game 7......

Well one is home and has a lot of hype to go deep/maybe make the finals. I actually might watch more of the Raptors because that team needs to close out the series tomorrow and rest. Philly in the second round is going to be a battle. Honest opinion for Leafs is they lose 6-2. I also dont think that score is indicative of the game though. 3-2 for most of the 3rd, Boston scores to make it 4-2 and they net two empty net goals to make it 6-2

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
As much as i want Toronto to win but being a leafs fan for 40 years i know how this is goimg to play. Hugeson and simpson are going to talk about last years collapse all night long.

Leafs will have a lead in the 3rd but we will lose again and to make matters worse Isle fans are going to have a field day cause they are playing and Tavares is out

I have seen so much leaf karma to know we got no shot tomorrow.

If the Leafs lose, that’s exactly how I hope it happens.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think a lot of fans will say last year was a disappointment, if we lose this year there will be a lot of anger..., the media should ask the tough questions than.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I dunno.

If we:

Score first.
Stay out of the box
Freddy is at his best.
Leafs don't come last in diving and cheating.

We can win this.

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
we lose and I start to question the core group. Matthews/Marner/Nylander ect.. they might not be built for big playoff runs. The Raptors got dumped on after being eliminated in the first round in the first two years of making it. I think the city does the same to these Leafs if they lose again. The Raptors responded by going to the ECF making it to game 6. They have since stalled in the 2nd round and the media still rips them apart. How many years are we just going to shrug and say maybe someday Matthews will figure out how to absolutely dominate a game like marchand/crosby/ovechkin ect..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Like most Leafs games this season it will be decided by what the opposition does and I get the feeling that Bergeron and Pastrnak will break out, McAvoy will continue to be a big game player and and their depth will take over in the end.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
So if the Leafs lose game 7 and once again lose because of special team will that be the end of Babcock and DJ Smith.

I can understand if the offense goes cold or Freddie let's in some softies. But PK is pure coaching, that simple.

2016 - 70.6%
2017 - 66.7%
2018 - 56.3%

That is pathetic, no matter how good the other team is that is simply unacceptable

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I can't even handle this game...

It's giving me PTSD
What you need to know is both the Leafs and the Raptors are winning tomorrow

It comes to what both the Raptors and the Leafs have: Superior talent, you will see

But both teams need to leave the yapping at the officials to the coaches, as there will be unfair calls, but yapping by player not coaches can make it worse, leading to sorrow

Leafs and Raptors are great on the turnover and then go, go, go! The transiton game for both is the path to victory

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
agree with most of that except Tavares did create several great scoring chances early last game and had some terrific shifts. Also I don't think Boston's big guns came to life Marchand has been a no-show I don't care if he got an empty net goal and a total fluke pp goal last night and I have barely even never noticed Bergeron or on the ice the entire series. I think our media made a snap decision to praise Boston's coach for breaking up their top line and now they're just ignoring the part where those players are all still playing way worse than usual.

Reactions: AreBe

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Mixed about this. Kinda hope it's tied after 2 periods rather than winning by 1 goal or up a few. Leafs are 2-1 in Boston this series, so let's get going and really, I want to see a series win for the first time in 15 years.

GO LEAFS GO!

Beanzy

Nov 14, 2018
I want so badly to be excited and positive about the game tomorrow night, but it has been instilled in me as a Leafs fan of 3 decades to prepare for disappointment. I sincerely hope they prove my doubt wrong.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
So if the Leafs lose game 7 and once again lose because of special team will that be the end of Babcock and DJ Smith.

I can understand if the offense goes cold or Freddie let's in some softies. But PK is pure coaching, that simple.

2016 - 70.6%
2017 - 66.7%
2018 - 56.3%

That is pathetic, no matter how good the other team is that is simply unacceptable

The beauty is that none of those stats mean anything for the game tomorrow....its one game, if the special teams step up and we get the win no one will remember those percentages. Also if the PK goes perfect and the PP does well the percentages will start to look acceptable since its a small sample size one good game and those percentages will sky rocket

Reactions: Loosie

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We need a goal from an unlikely source from the bottom 2 lines
Or the likely sources would be good.
Marchand was the best player in the elimination game.
We could like do the same. Where you will be spending half the cap soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad