2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree with @Marcobruin this team got to the finals and I am finding it hard to be excited for this season. Maybe its different for me. I didnt grow up a hockey fan as a kid like many of u. I grew up a Pats and Celts fan only as an adult did I become a Bruins fan. But finding it hard to be excited. The team really didnt improve this off-season. They lost Johansson which isnt the end of the world but he was one of the few Bruins who showed up during the finals and they didnt get anyone to replace him nor does anyone in the system look really ready to step in.

I mean 2nd line RW and 3rd line C? These arent NEW needs these are needs that have been there for the last 3 seasons. Maybe the Coyle trade remedied the 3rd line C position but now with no Johansson now the team needs a 3rd line LW. Who will it be?

Not really excited for the next season.

Still feel let down and disappointed. Let a **** team that is very dislikeable get their **** names on a trophy
Stanley Cup 2020 Champions

Boston Bruins

I’m not excited right now

It’s summer time - hockey can wait

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I'm proud of what this team accomplished. Losing game 7 like that absolutely blows chunks, but it is what it is. I'm pumped for this upcoming season and to see how this team plays.

I don't view Marchand any differently. He's still our best offensive player who had a brain camp. It happens, no one's perfect and we'll move on.

I was crushed by Game 7 but not surprised. Five teams have lost Game 7 at home, and three of those have come in the last decade. I recall listening to the afternoon crew on 98.5 the day before, and when asked if they preferred that Game 7 be in Boston or St. Louis, they all replied "ST. LOUIS!" in unison. It gnaws at me but I still appreciate the hell out of the run they had and if I were to encounter a Bruin I would thank him profusely. I assume similar threads were tossed around on the Vancouver board eight summers ago.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Over Macho Grandé?

The bar has been set very high in these parts.

Had you told me that they’d make the conference finals last season, I’d have been ecstatic. Let alone go to game seven of the Final. But once you make it there, if you don’t win the thing, it’s a disappointment.

I’ve been on avoid mode since they lost. Haven’t worn any Bruins clothing or hats. Have sort of cringed when I’ve seen others decked out.

They did nothing this off season to cleanse the pallet.

I’ll start caring in early October. Even then, I’ll have a “wait and see” disposition.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Over Macho Grandé?

Had you told me that they’d make the conference finals last season, I’d have been ecstatic. Let alone go to game seven of the Final. But once you make it there, if you don’t win the thing, it’s a disappointment.

I’ve been on avoid mode since they lost. Haven’t worn any Bruins clothing or hats. Have sort of cringed when I’ve seen others decked out.

I’ll start caring in early October. Even then, I’ll have a “wait and see” disposition.

I'm over it, but just totally aggravated by it when I think about it at this point (which isn't often). Tired of the game 7 losses at home...probably makes me an ingrate but whatever, runner ups doesn't do it for me.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Irionic that we reached the finals and yet I'm having a hard time of being the least bit excited of this coming season...
Yeah kind of feel the same way,such a wasted opportunity,the stars aligned for them in the playoffs,not going to happen next season,sure they could still probably get to finals again,but it’s going to be a hell of a lot more difficult.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah kind of feel the same way,such a wasted opportunity,the stars aligned for them in the playoffs,not going to happen next season,sure they could still probably get to finals again,but it’s going to be a hell of a lot more difficult.
Yep, a ton of things went right for the Bruins, that’s why it was so frustrating when they lost the finals. It won’t come more laid out than that.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bitter Hawks fan here. Really wish you guys pulled it off. I feel like most any other postseason this Blues team would’ve been bounced in the 2nd round. They got way too far on average talent, playing very dirty, and lack of calls. If you guys knocked the Blues AND the Canucks out of the Finals in game 7 you would’ve instantly become my 2nd favorite team for life. Not to mention shutting up those obnoxious Leaf fans for 3 years

Especially with Tampa getting eliminated so fast, really made it seem like you guys just had to get through Toronto to win the Cup.

For what very little I’m sure it’s worth, I’m really bummed for you guys that you couldn’t pull this one off.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

A glorious opportunity indeed . Imo this opportunity will not happen again for who knows how long but long

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
A glorious opportunity indeed . Imo this opportunity will not happen again for who knows how long but long
I suppose you are right , the odds of getting back to the finals are slim but why rule it out completely? Last year’s experience may help the Bruins make it out of the tough division they are in . I think they can beat Toronto or Tampa .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bitter Hawks fan here. Really wish you guys pulled it off. I feel like most any other postseason this Blues team would’ve been bounced in the 2nd round. They got way too far on average talent, playing very dirty, and lack of calls. If you guys knocked the Blues AND the Canucks out of the Finals in game 7 you would’ve instantly become my 2nd favorite team for life. Not to mention shutting up those obnoxious Leaf fans for 3 years

Especially with Tampa getting eliminated so fast, really made it seem like you guys just had to get through Toronto to win the Cup.

For what very little I’m sure it’s worth, I’m really bummed for you guys that you couldn’t pull this one off.

My heart sank when Dallas choked against the Blues because I wasn’t worried about San Jose and the Stars.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I suppose you are right , the odds of getting back to the finals are slim but why rule it out completely? Last year’s experience may help the Bruins make it out of the tough division they are in . I think they can beat Toronto or Tampa

They've shown they can beat Tor and I think TB has learned their lesson last playoffs. Here's the thing though that we all know..Age.
It's going to be a a factor ..one might argue it became one in the playoffs last season
I don't think for a second that as guys like Matthews marner and Tav who are young will keep losing to some of the elder bruins forwards .

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
My heart sank when Dallas choked against the Blues because I wasn’t worried about San Jose and the Stars.
I followed the Stars series closely and I wouldn't say they choked. They made it to the 2nd OT of Game 7 largely on the back of Ben Bishop. That game and series is over much sooner without his stellar play. Shots were 54-30 St. Louis in Game 7.

I know I'm sounding curmudgeonly here but just how much help should we expect? Columbus took care of Tampa for us, Carolina ousted our nemesis Holtby, and we had home ice.

So for me it was the Bruins who choked, not Dallas. If they couldn't solve Binnington I'm not convinced they'd have solved the bigger, more experienced Bishop.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They've shown they can beat Tor and I think TB has learned their lesson last playoffs. Here's the thing though that we all know..Age.
It's going to be a a factor ..one might argue it became one in the playoffs last season
I don't think for a second that as guys like Matthews marner and Tav who are young will keep losing to some of the elder bruins forwards .
I think the Bruins backend even with a declining Chara is much better prepared now to meet Tampa . Krug , Carlo , Grzelcyk and Charlie are all better players than when they faced Tampa a couple of years ago .

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm over it, but just totally aggravated by it when I think about it at this point (which isn't often). Tired of the game 7 losses at home...probably makes me an ingrate but whatever, runner ups doesn't do it for me.

Has something to do with none of these guys ever being traded in their careers. Only Halak Coyle and the 4th line have.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Over Macho Grandé?

Pretty much my mindset as of right now as well. Cringing when your walking in public and randomly see a Bruins 'Conference champion's t shirt... I wouldn't wear that but you do you.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I was strangely at peace with it when we lost because I never expected we would be in the finals at all during the season. I think STL was also better than many gave them credit for. That being said, it will probably be the best shot they’ll have at a Cup for a while but maybe they’ll show up healthier and more balanced going forward. I get more and more grateful for 2011 every year though.

Having a hard time getting some excitement going for next season though. It’s a ****ing long season when you’re not the team that wins it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How would being traded in the past make them better at winning game 7 at home

NMC culture runs deep in the organization. Player movement is healthy look at the Red Sox this year with the exact same lineup and rotation. In these game 7s there’s no real “this might be our last game together boys” only the Acciaris are looking at a new post code in September.

Which is OK. I don’t have a huge deal with this. But combine it with stuff like Bergeron and Marchand never being separated no matter what and I think it leads to the let down.

The NHL was better when good players got traded for each other and switched teams all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad