2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What kind of dumbass logic is that

Watch Carolina G4 when we had a mobile blue line.

Putting a concussed player in for Clifton G7 didn’t help either.

Goal 2 gets put on Marchand but the D men should have never let the backhand get off there.

2/6 d men shouldn’t have been playing and would have been out a lot longer if it weren’t the Cup Finals. That’s huge.

I think the team mentally let the foot off the pedal G2 well before Gryz got hurt. They got an early 2-0 lead at home after overcoming an early 2-0 deficit the game before and thought it was gonna be easy.

Clifton not playing this game is disgraceful.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Goal 2 gets put on Marchand but the D men should have never let the backhand get off there.

2/6 d men shouldn’t have been playing and would have been out a lot longer if it weren’t the Cup Finals. That’s huge.

I think the team mentally let the foot off the pedal G2 well before Gryz got hurt. They got an early 2-0 lead at home after overcoming an early 2-0 deficit the game before and thought it was gonna be easy.

Yes, there were not only mistakes by players that ruined it but also a few of Cassidy's game planning and player choices (can't/don't want to remember exact instances) were questionable IMO. I think though that Butch has hopefully learned not only from what he did right but also from what he did wrong to contribute to the loss.

Reactions: Aeroforce

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i thought when sundqvist cheapshotted gryz, that was the turning point. i think @DKH agrees
f***ed up everything

Transition game gone

I don’t think Sundqvist is dirty at all

However if this was 2011 he would have been beaten beyond recognition if he even dared hit one of those D like that

Reactions: Orr Fourever

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

They didn’t get a 2 goal lead

They were fine in that first not great

There would have been ebbs and flows

Not that I’m Scotty Bowman but that really screwed up the D

From pairings
From breakouts

The Blues changed there plan

No human knows what would have happened but this team has gone

3 straight over Columbus
4 straight over Carolina
Won game 1

To think they would melt in the second and third is ducking insane

I’m 80% certain ends 6-3 Bruins with an open net goal by Marchand

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Your right they erased 2 1 goal leads with ridiculously flukey soft goals almost immediately after each. 1 tipped by Gryz (bad luck) and 1 where Chara should have cleared it. Neither Rasks fault.

Gryz gets hit and we wouldn’t score a meaningful goal again at home for the best part of 3 games as our late 3rd period goals in 5 and 7 came when they were over.

I know I’m probably underestimating Gryzlyk because I don’t love him and McAvoy together on the top d pairing but him and Clifton are going to dominate some bottom lines and d pairings next year and generate a lot of offense. The young d core is great you just need to find a long term partner for McAvoy not named Gryz or Chara but he’ll be like Bourque and capable of playing with anyone.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
dont forget as tired as our d was in game 2. pasta had a gimme chance in the slot off the faceoff with like 20 seconds left in the game. if he was his normal self thats a gwg and we are up 2 games to 0.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
game 7 will haunt the players more then the fans for a long time. I bet to a man they wish they could play the game all over again.
The players will repeat that even in there rocking chairs at 85 years old, especially the one's that do not have there name on the
stanley cup. The players that have there name on the cup, it won't be as bad, but still very painful and the only way all these
players will get past it is if they have another kick at the can and get it done. Anyone who has ever played any sports, the losses
hurt more and the memory of an elimination game , especially a 7th game on home ice for the stanley cup will haunt the players
for a long, long, time.

Reactions: rfournier103

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
for the first time since we lost i watched some of dafoomies youtubes.

after watching it i can 100 percent say that long layoff hurt tuukka.

man was he dialed in before that layoff. if we start the cup 3 days after carolina. we sweep.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm actually so over it that it frightens me a little bit.

The only thing that still gnaws at me is knowing it will be incredibly difficult to have the opportunity again to win a Cup on home ice and be in the building for it.

Reactions: Zillah

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Got a Facebook reminder today,of when I went to see Gregory Campbell with the Cup.Thanks a lot Facebook,definitely made me think of game 7 again.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
2013 Chicago ties the game up late and then went to for the kill. They did not want a Game 7 against us even in Chicago. I will always wonder why Claude did not call a time out after the game was tied to focus the guys.

2019 - The second St Louis goal sucked the life out of the Garden - you looked at the shots board (12-4 Boston and yet we were losing 0-2)
This is the problem right here, and not just game 7 either (I mean the team couldn't score 5 on 5 all year).

It's been going on forever (happened against Montreal in the playoffs, against Washington. Hell, it even happened against the oilers). Team dominates and dominates yet can't score. Other team gets one chance: scores. Been going on forever.

It's infuriating. Not sure how much more of it I can take quite honestly.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Gm7 was a good clean game that the Bruins should have been up 3-0 or 3-1 at the end of the 1st if they could finish on their great chances.

But I had serious issues with the way the officiating standard changed after the Bruins won a game by being lethal on the powerplay.

even more maddening the type of former NHL player they listened to who complained.

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
I’m not there with you - thought the whole season was found money. Through all the injuries and holes in the roster they ended up right there with the best of the league in the regular season, wound up right there at the end of the finals, played their tales off and lost on a coin flip game.

Also hard not to like the Blues epic turnaround season and first ever Cup win. If it had been just about any other team it might sting more.

A whole lot to look forward too IMO.

Believe me when I tell you the Blues are a terrible franchise and never deserved to win a cup they are owned by a total ahole who treats the hardcore like crap on his shoes the organization completely lacks class and it trickles down to every fan here. The looze faithful actually think the team played great hockey. The only thing they did great was headhunt.

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
And do you think anyone in St. Louis is still upset over the hand-pass OT goal awarded to San Jose that could've cost them the Conference Final?

The Blues wiped the memory by dishing out headshots to Pavelski and Hertl knocking them from the series and tried to kill Braun also but he was a 3rd pairing dman mostly.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
****ed up everything

Transition game gone

I don’t think Sundqvist is dirty at all

However if this was 2011 he would have been beaten beyond recognition if he even dared hit one of those D like that

Wow I just imagined the Gryz hit and saw Looch, Horty and DK skate over along with JB55 to start a scrum

and now..........................I am sad

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I agree with @Marcobruin this team got to the finals and I am finding it hard to be excited for this season. Maybe its different for me. I didnt grow up a hockey fan as a kid like many of u. I grew up a Pats and Celts fan only as an adult did I become a Bruins fan. But finding it hard to be excited. The team really didnt improve this off-season. They lost Johansson which isnt the end of the world but he was one of the few Bruins who showed up during the finals and they didnt get anyone to replace him nor does anyone in the system look really ready to step in.

I mean 2nd line RW and 3rd line C? These arent NEW needs these are needs that have been there for the last 3 seasons. Maybe the Coyle trade remedied the 3rd line C position but now with no Johansson now the team needs a 3rd line LW. Who will it be?

Not really excited for the next season.

Still feel let down and disappointed. Let a shit team that is very dislikeable get their shit names on a trophy

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I agree with @Marcobruin this team got to the finals and I am finding it hard to be excited for this season. Maybe its different for me. I didnt grow up a hockey fan as a kid like many of u. I grew up a Pats and Celts fan only as an adult did I become a Bruins fan. But finding it hard to be excited. The team really didnt improve this off-season. They lost Johansson which isnt the end of the world but he was one of the few Bruins who showed up during the finals and they didnt get anyone to replace him nor does anyone in the system look really ready to step in.

I mean 2nd line RW and 3rd line C? These arent NEW needs these are needs that have been there for the last 3 seasons. Maybe the Coyle trade remedied the 3rd line C position but now with no Johansson now the team needs a 3rd line LW. Who will it be?

Not really excited for the next season.

Still feel let down and disappointed. Let a **** team that is very dislikeable get their **** names on a trophy
Just beat the Leafs . That’s all that matters now . Beat the Leafs and I am satisfied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad