2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
To me this is still a crushing loss. The low of the game 5 reffing debacle; followed up by a resounding game 6 win. I was very confident about game 7. Still think about the first period misses...haven't watched any replays after shutting off TV at end of game. This is probably the worst loss for me and god knows there has been many bad losses as a long time Bruins fan...a real lost opportunity...Ugg

Reactions: Aeroforce

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This would have been the cherry on the sundae

I saw the Big, Bad Bruins Orr & Esposito teams

The Cherry Lunch Pail Gang that was arguably the toughest balanced team ever assembled

Have had season tickets since 83

Witnessed the phenomenal unparalleled 2011 Cup run

Winning game 7 at home 7-8 weeks ago would have made it ‘a happy ever after’ watching with my daughter the way I watched with my parents those 1970-72 Cups

Lots of amazing heartache on and off the ice

I really don’t think any professional team has had the combination horrific loses and injuries as this team in the past 50 years

But we had Orr and we had June 15, 2011

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

The Cherry Lunch Pail Gang that was arguably the toughest balanced team ever assembled

Winning game 7 at home 7-8 weeks ago would have made it ‘a happy ever after’ watching with my daughter the way I watched with my parents those 1970-72 Cups

I really don’t think any professional team has had the combination horrific loses and injuries as this team in the past 50 years

It all somehow makes those great memories even greater.
Besides G7 2019 playoffs were a great run.

Reactions: pgm16 and DKH

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It does still suck. Toughest loss for me as a fan for sure.

What also sucks is that people created (and now believe) the narrative that they somehow “didn’t show up” for the game and that St. Louis “wasn’t a good team”, etc.

My opinion: tough fought series and Binnington’s God like performance in the first period of game 7 gave a huge hint as to the inevitable ending. It was real tough, but I’m damn proud of my team, and am damn embarrassed for the people who say they “crapped out”.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
To me this is still a crushing loss. The low of the game 5 reffing debacle; followed up by a resounding game 6 win. I was very confident about game 7. Still think about the first period misses...haven't watched any replays after shutting off TV at end of game. This is probably the worst loss for me and god knows there has been many bad losses as a long time Bruins fan...a real lost opportunity...Ugg
Couldn’t agree more ! Over it ? Not even close . I thought I was a couple weeks back then it pops back into my mind . I have been following the Bruins for a long time and nothing comes close .

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah... I go about my day and then think about it and just shake my head. Wife knows what it is about and doesn't ask anymore...lol...
I have been enjoying my summer,try not to think about it .
Couldn’t agree more ! Over it ? Not even close . I thought I was a couple weeks back then it pops back into my mind . I have been following the Bruins for a long time and nothing comes close .
Definitely agree

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was just at a Bruins season ticket holder cookout

Very depressing

Reminded me of the Bruins

We stopped at Pro Shop on way home and my daughter bought a Donato shirt for $4

Reactions: neelynugs

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I went and saw a live band in the park across the street from my place for something to do last night and of course they had to play Gloria . After the song they said “ That song was the theme song for the Blues on their way to winning one more Stanley Cup ... than the Canucks “ can’t escape it .
I told my wife the other day if there was ever a time for a lockout it’d be now cause I am so not ready to endure hockey yet .

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
did they have any jordan szwarz ones?
No and the area is a mess

Everything is under construction

I can’t believe they will be playing in 2 months there

Oh and I hung with Todd Angilly
At the cookout

Awesome guy and I’m going to go see him in October when he’s bartending upstairs at the Sports Deck - he says he will set me up !!!! Cold beer and strong drinks I’m all in

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Perhaps being half way around the world makes it easier to move on, but I've become fairly philosophical about it. Yeah it sucks to lose, and games 2 and 5 in particular were incredibly frustrating, while game 7 was just disappointing all round. Stanley Cups are so very hard to win so to blow a golden opportunity is a huge let down.

But I also reflect and think how much I enjoyed the journey, from the early season injuries and struggles and grinding of results, to the development of a tough, versatile, united and highly likeable playing group that went on a tear post New Year's, and then the first 3 rounds of the playoffs were brilliant - turning around a slow start against the Leafs, putting away tough opposition in Columbus, and then playing probably our best hockey of the year to quickly dispatch the Canes. The SCF was obviously not so enjoyable, but it was a roller coaster with a couple of real highs. I felt it was a really exciting, interesting, and LONG season, travelling with a mostly wonderful team all the way to June and the last possible game. Yeah for sure it still hurts that in the end they came up just short, and the Bruins' overall SCF record got even uglier, but I still appreciate everything that went before.

On to next season - I'm more than ready for it to begin! Deep down I can't see the Bs repeating what they achieved this year, but you never know. Either way, we stand by them.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Got to see Orr and Bourque. 30+ years of that treat.

Not to that level, but a decade of Chara was also fun.

Reactions: eightspokedb

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
One game. The Bruins have Chara, Bergy and Marchand and they couldn't scrape together one win. This has been the theme of the summer for me :( Also seeing the Blues players partying with the cup, popping up on my Instagram each day doesn't help.

DKH I commend you for maintaining your optimism. I know that you have touted 2020 for a couple of years now. I really hope you are right, but for me I can't help but believe that the window is closed for this current squad. I'm sure Vancouver thought they would be back to the big show in 2012...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's very easily the worst Bruins loss I've ever experienced. I'm a bigger Bruins fan than a Vikings fan, but if I were to try to look at it objectively as if I cared the same amount, I think the Vikings losing to the Saints in the NFC Championship game in 2009 was the worst I've ever seen up until Game 7 vs. the Blues, which now takes the cake.

I made this thread when the wound was still fresh, but upon reflection, it's just distanced itself from the pack even more.

Rank the most painful losses you've experienced as a Bruins fan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Perhaps being half way around the world makes it easier to move on, but I've become fairly philosophical about it. Yeah it sucks to lose, and games 2 and 5 in particular were incredibly frustrating, while game 7 was just disappointing all round. Stanley Cups are so very hard to win so to blow a golden opportunity is a huge let down.

But I also reflect and think how much I enjoyed the journey, from the early season injuries and struggles and grinding of results, to the development of a tough, versatile, united and highly likeable playing group that went on a tear post New Year's, and then the first 3 rounds of the playoffs were brilliant - turning around a slow start against the Leafs, putting away tough opposition in Columbus, and then playing probably our best hockey of the year to quickly dispatch the Canes. The SCF was obviously not so enjoyable, but it was a roller coaster with a couple of real highs. I felt it was a really exciting, interesting, and LONG season, travelling with a mostly wonderful team all the way to June and the last possible game. Yeah for sure it still hurts that in the end they came up just short, and the Bruins' overall SCF record got even uglier, but I still appreciate everything that went before.

On to next season - I'm more than ready for it to begin! Deep down I can't see the Bs repeating what they achieved this year, but you never know. Either way, we stand by them.

Welcome to the jungle....we have cookies! :welcome::towel:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I think the title of the thread is accurate - "stings" is a good word. Maybe because I'm older (59), I get over these losses easier than I used to. With the recent passing of one of our own members and someone who I know of who died way too young, priorities change and agonizing for months just isn't worth it. Don't get me wrong, I was crushed when we lost Game 7 and no doubt will be again in the future but I am looking forward to a brand new season coming up in just 57 days.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->