Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Canucks 3, Flyers 2 - Raffl-copter Edition

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Oct1513_info.jpg

The facial expressions LOL.

Did you make this? It would be kinda cool to see one of these after every game. Nice visual breakdown of the game.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I think splitting the Sedins really helps with Kesler and Higgins and some of the others.

What were the changed lines again?

Higgins-H.Sedin-Kesler
Sedin-Schroeder-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Kassian
Sestito-Richardson-Weise

The Top 6 is kind of my own lineup but was that Higgins-Sedin-Kesler line our first in the third??

Last edited:

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
who will win 2 games at best in the first round

Ah, there's that fighting spirit we Canucks fans are known for

A win is a win. Greasy goals on both sides, just like the Devils game. I can take wins from these all day. We just need to end Luongtober at .500, get Burrows back, and let the team's offensive ways manifest itself.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
The Sedins need to be kept apart for an extended amount of time. Who knows? Maybe it will make us more balanced. I'm pretty sure Dan Sedin has some beastly passing in him as well, but he doesn't need to as much cuz of hank. It's not as if they're going to lose their chemistry. I think it will boost their confidence if they know they can get it done without each other. Also, it will probably scare the piss out of other teams if they start rolling on dif lines.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
The Sedins need to be kept apart for an extended amount of time. Who knows? Maybe it will make us more balanced. I'm pretty sure Dan Sedin has some beastly passing in him as well, but he doesn't need to as much cuz of hank. It's not as if they're going to lose their chemistry. I think it will boost their confidence if they know they can get it done without each other. Also, it will probably scare the piss out of other teams if they start rolling on dif lines.

D.Sedin-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-H.Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Santorelli-Richardson-Weise

No Sestito! :partytime: :jump:

EDIT: BUT! Sedin's should play together on the powerplay to keep that chemistry going and let them have some ice time together.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
No, I'm saying that we need a 2C who can win draws (Kesler), which is why I'd be reluctant to put Kesler on the wing.

Still think a lineup that looks something like:
Kassian - Hank - Burrows
Higgins - Danny - Kesler

Where BOTH Sedins play centre (with Kesler taking draws on Danny's line) BUT play together on the 1st unit PP could be dynamite.

Sedins are ultra-competitive. Pit their lines against each other and see what happens. Danny has as much vision as Hank and is almost as good a passer. We all know that Kesler isn't this teams 2nd line center... he's a 3rd liner making too much.

BUT, with a centre who can pass the puck and a worker like Higgins, he could flourish on the wing.

You know, unless Gillis trades him... ;)

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
I agree with much of what you posted but not this. Kassian was far from perfect but I actually thought he played well. His puck protection stood out to me and even threw some hits for once.

It wasn't that he would have caught the player or stripped him, but he stopped skating and left room behind the offensive player which really limits the ways the Dman can angle player with the puck.

I'm going from memory but I'm 99% sure there was no trailer for him to pick up. A hard back-check likely results in the offensive player getting squeezed out along the boards and puck being pushed deep behind the net for a one on one with our other D against the 2nd forward. He didn't make a mistake (he didn't have a defined responsibility on that play)- he lazily passed up an opportunity.

He looks great along the boards - he made a great pass to Sestito for a shot off the halfboards. The issue is that he looks awful in open ice. He stops moving his feet way too quickly and he doesn't have near the acceleration to get away with doing that.

He seems to always be waiting for the play to be defined along the boards instead of actively finding ways to force the play there.

And Santorelli is amazing on the boards for his size. He's constantly winning puck battles. He's made some brilliant back checks so far this season too. If he and Schroeder can give us the roster flexibility to move Kesler to the wing at times, we're a much better team.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Burrows - Henrik - Kesler
Daniel - Higgins - Kassian
Booth - Schroeder - Hansen
Richardson - Santorelli - Weise

????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad