Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Canucks 3, Flyers 2 - Raffl-copter Edition

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Could you imagine if Garrison kept up his PPG pace and kept playing like a beast defensively? Would be the best FA signing since Chara.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Garrison played a team high 28:29 tonight.

I think it's cool that Tortorella is leaning heavily on certain players like horses and that those players are responding positively to it. We never saw that under AV. Ice time was distributed everywhere.

Look at Bieksa. He played 26:14 tonight and looked fantastic! He's certainly responding well also.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I knew we'd win this game. I love how Torts was willing to put our number 1 and 2 C's together when for years that has been a big time no. Look at the results!

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver

I think it's cool that Tortorella is leaning heavily on certain players like horses and that those players are responding positively to it. We never saw that under AV. Ice time was distributed everywhere.

Look at Bieksa. He played 26:14 tonight and looked fantastic! He's certainly responding well also.

If you want your best D-men to play like they're the best you have to give them big minutes, they get that number 1 swagger, they know they're the man and perform better because of it. The whole Commie share the ice time BS under Bonus was annoying and brought everyone down, especially by overplaying the guys like Rome and exposing them, while the top guys had more to give.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

I think that number will probably come down once Edler comes back. He has been the ice time leader before getting suspended.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I think that number will probably come down once Edler comes back. He has been the ice time leader before getting suspended.

Absolutely, but it's nice to see Torts give another guy the same treatment with Edler out. It means he has faith in his other guys as well.

Outside99*

I liked what he did. Yet, in the post game he seemed to back the idea of keeping the Sedins together. Only moving them away from each other to give the team a different look.

Seems like this will be a going concern:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin
Higgins-Kesler

Where I'd like to see Higgins/D.Sedin flipped. Ah well.

Given they are the teams' best playmakers, it makes some sense although...

Love the mid game change, makes the other coach look like Vinny Barbarino.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
If you want your best D-men to play like they're the best you have to give them big minutes, they get that number 1 swagger, they know they're the man and perform better because of it. The whole Commie share the ice time BS under Bonus was annoying and brought everyone down, especially by overplaying the guys like Rome and exposing them, while the top guys had more to give.

I agree 100%. This is what I have said for awhile now in regards to Edler. People complain that he has all the tools and can't put it all together and be consistent. Well, in order to do that you need to give the player full responsibility and that means big minutes. Edler essentially has been missing that final step in his development, which is assuming the role of a #1 defenseman. That seems to be changing under Torts and it's no surprise at all that he is flourishing.

StringerBell

Could you imagine if Garrison kept up his PPG pace and kept playing like a beast defensively? Would be the best FA signing since Chara.

TSN would still claim he's not living up to his contact.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East

And Bieksas the guy people said was good if you didnt play him a lot, going back to when our fickle fanbase wanted to run him out of town for the likes of Filitov.

**** during the summer I believe he was the number one vote for "who will be in tortorellas doghouse first." Especially after his comments about not needing a "rah rah" guy as a coach.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Our line-up is so much more dynamic with Schroeder and Kassian - And when you pair that with Tortorella whom is willing to experiment shuffling the lines it makes a good combo.

And just a side note - F YOU Mason Raymond....

Dynamic? WTF:laugh:

Twins are always dynamic but the rest of the team needs a shake up every game just to get going. Need that 3C badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad