Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Canucks 3, Flyers 2 - Raffl-copter Edition

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
:biglaugh:

Santorelli has 5 goals as Henriks winger.

"Remember the whole get Kesler a star center?" :facepalm:

Kesler is better as a winger. Take the puck off his stick.

Good for Kesler on being in the right spot and battling in front of the net.

Yes he is. He's always been a shoot-first player. Problem is we really need a 2C who can win face-offs.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
was not expecting Kesler with Henrik Sedin that's for sure. would really like to see Henrik and Daniel split up for at least a full game.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Solid win. I hope torts keeps the kes-hank-higgins line intact for the next game as well. Schroeder and Kassian can also get some time on the second line when they are rolling.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
I know we're primarily concerned with offense, but I've been majorly impressed by the Sedins' effort on the defensive side of the puck. Outstanding play in the dying seconds by Daniel there.

Seems that the added responsibility has re-focused them. Last year I was wincing every time they were out late with a lead.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I wonder if we should put Schroeder with Kesler since he looked better with a(n elite) playmaker on his line.

YouCantYandleThis*

How did Kassian look? Wasn't able to keep my eye on the game for more than a minute at a time.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Solid win. I hope torts keeps the kes-hank-higgings line for the next game as well. Schroeder and Kassian can also get some time on the second line when they are rolling.

It sounds crazy but...

Higgins - Sedin - Kesler
Sedin - Schroeder - Kassian
Booth - Santorelli - Hansen
Weise - Richardson - Dalpe/Sestito

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Canucker said:
No, you can't...but you can't say these were great individual efforts either...they were gifts from god. I just hope it gives him some confidence going forward.

I agree. I still found it troubling that Kesler couldn't get anything going (I only started watching mid game) until he was put with one of the leagues best play maker.

Kesler on the wing needs to be tried.

Get Schroeder in the middle with Kesler on the wing.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Tortorella puts the Sedins and Hamhuis on the ice for the final minute. Showing a lot of confidence.

Great games from Henrik, Kesler, and Higgins. Have we found our new top line?

Really didn't see too much of Kassian or Schroeder tonight.

And Hamhuis has his best game of the season (ok, yeah, that's like saying "the least corrupt politician" but at least he didn't suck ...)

Overall good win, let's get another one in Buffalo and then we can worry about beating good teams.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I agree. I still found it troubling that Kesler couldn't get anything going (I only started watching mid game) until he was put with one of the leagues best play maker.

Kesler on the wing needs to be tried.

Get Schroeder in the middle with Kesler on the wing.

I think it's virtually impossible to take anything you say about Kesler seriously.

Agree about tryin him with Schroeder tho

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I wonder if we should put Schroeder with Kesler since he looked better with a(n elite) playmaker on his line.

There used to be a Hockey's Future rule to the effect that Kesler could never be allowed to take a shift on the wing because he'd won a Selke playing centre. I always thought it was a strange rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->