Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Canucks 3, Flyers 2 - Raffl-copter Edition

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Our line-up is so much more dynamic with Schroeder and Kassian - And when you pair that with Tortorella whom is willing to experiment shuffling the lines it makes a good combo.

And just a side note - F YOU Mason Raymond....

I can't hate the guy. We dumped his ass. Not the other way around. I'm happy for him.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Garrison is having an amazing season so far. Along with being practically perfect defensively, he has put up 7 points in 7 games.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Let's not get too excited here. We just barely managed a victory against the 2nd worst team in the NHL.

A team that has just fired a coach and as a result have played better without results. A team that has also been good defensively...it's been about lack of offense for them this year and it continued for them tonight. 1 real goal.

Cool Hand Goof*

good third period and some real nice luck on that first kesler goal

ill take it

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
- Kesler with a playmaker is night and day compared to him being that guy on his own line. He still looked predictable and bad offensively through 2 periods. I counted three ill-advised wristers not even counting the quality shot he took that still probably should have gone cross-crease to a wide open Higgins. I say let him smack Sedin passes at the net all year.

- Dear god Henrik is good. Like really, really good. Daniel was good too but Henrik was dissecting the defense in one pass over and over again. PLEASE SEPARATE THE TWINS. I'm convinced Henrik can set anyone up with prime chances. We were literally generating nothing until the lines were changed and that has been a theme for forever - shutdown the Twins and let the other forwards grind the game away.

- Tanev looked great logging 22 minutes. Two straight quality games in the top 4. His shot looks a lot better - it caused some of our only dangerous plays through two periods - while his passing is clearly the best we have on the backend aside from maybe Edler. This kid is a stud.

- Kassian looked awful. Gave hardly any effort on the back check which led to the hand pass goal. He simply isn't skating as hard as he needs to be, especially considering how little our bottom 6 is playing.

- We can't distribute minutes like this all season. When the bottom 6 does well, they get minutes but we need them to play well more often. Getting Burrows back will help.

- Hansen played a great game. All over the ice making smart plays. Passing well and creating for his teammates. If you don't like Hansen you suck.

- Schroeder looked pretty good. He made some nice plays and while he wasn't a force there, he didn't get beat along the boards. He made a really good diving back check to save a scoring chance. His cross ice pass to Booth was beautiful and opened up the ice like no one but the Sedins have done. I'd like to see more.

Again, SPLIT THE SEDINS!!! It makes the team so much more dynamic offensively.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I'd like to see Henrik and Kesler playing together on a more regular basis.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
A team that has just fired a coach and as a result have played better without results. A team that has also been good defensively...it's been about lack of offense for them this year and it continued for them tonight. 1 real goal.

Glad for the win but I want to see it against a better team before I get all light in my shoes like so many around here.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
- Kassian looked awful. Gave hardly any effort on the back check which led to the hand pass goal. He simply isn't skating as hard as he needs to be, especially considering how little our bottom 6 is playing.

I agree with much of what you posted but not this. Kassian was far from perfect but I actually thought he played well. His puck protection stood out to me and even threw some hits for once.

Outside99*

Schroeder - good 1st game back. This guy seems to improve his game in the summer if that makes any sense? Made some nice passes and made one terrific defensive zone play in the middle of the 2nd.

Garrison - a beast defensively. Our #1 shutdown dman.

Stanton - decent for an ex AHLer but if his game has a flaw, its moving the puck out safely - failed to get it out cleanly more than once.

Weber - played alright, better than expected for how little action he's seen the past 2 years.

Santorelli - out of nowhere has become a solid 2 way player.

Hansen - another beast on the forecheck and backcheck. Skated miles.

Kassian - continues to look a step behind the play.

Tanev - clearly ready for a top 4 role.

Henrik - what a hockey player.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Richardson and Santorelli are what our bottom 6 centermen should really look like, able to chip in and playing solid, poised defense.

If only they were both 6'3 220 :sarcasm:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Glad for the win but I want to see it against a better team before I get all light in my shoes like so many around here.

I don't see anyone light in their shoes.

I see people rightfully pointing out some strong games from a handful of players and that it was a well deserved win. It wasn't flashy but it was what you call a good road win. Kudos to the team for limiting the FLyers to 20 shots.

To the above on Kassian....not sure who he was supposed to back check on the hand pass goal. Players involved weren't his men from what I recall. He wasn't going to catch the guy carrying the puck anyways. Certainly he isn't up to speed yet but sometimes simply head down skating your butt off on a backcheck is quite simply not helpful.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I don't see anyone light in their shoes.

I see people rightfully pointing out some strong games from a handful of players and that it was a well deserved win. It wasn't flashy but it was what you call a road win. Kudos to the team for limiting the FLyers to 20 shots.

To the above on Kassian....not sure who he was supposed to back check on the hand pass goal. Players involved weren't his men from what I recall. He wasn't going to catch the guy carrying the puck anyways. Certainly he isn't up to speed yet but sometimes simply head down skating your butt off on a backcheck is quite simply not helpful.

Opinions vary

May 31, 2006
Garrison was fantastic in this game. Played 28 minutes and got another point. He should get some Norris consideration if he keeps this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad