GDT: Game 68: Red Wings at penguins 6:00 pm et 3/17/24 (ESPN+, BSD, NHLN)

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Same old crap?
Literally the same things he's said after every game they've lost in the last two weeks. He won't even come close to "The coach has failed to adequately prepare this roster to operate in a professional manner" which is 100% what is going on here.

At this point it's pretty clear that Larkin is a player-coach and Lalonde has 0 control over this roster.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
That's why Yzerman brought in all these so-called vets with Cup experience. The leadership is lacking. That's ironic considering Yzerman is arguably the league's best ever leader.
Those vets were not what we actually needed. Don't get me wrong they were still an upgrade to recent previous years but we need top end game changing talent.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Anyone want to take a shot at what Lalonde's post game comments will be?
"We thought we had a good game plan coming in. We talked about having a good start. We know these games are important. We're gripping our sticks too tightly and have struggled lately taking care of the details. But I can't get on the ice and show these idiots how to play. The coaching staff tries their best to get the players ready but ultimately it's up to them. They've played hockey at all levels. They know how to make passes and shoot pucks. But they need to pull their heads out of their asses and get to work."

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I got common sen
I have no doubt that you do...

I guess I just wonder though have you ever overly praised a prospect or young player? I only ask because that rarely is based on common sense but rather emotion...

The truth is...players(and mgmt) own and are responsible for both their praise and criticism..

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
"We thought we had a good game plan coming in. We talked about having a good start. We know these games are important. We're gripping our sticks too tightly and have struggled lately taking care of the details. But I can't get on the ice and show these idiots how to play. The coaching staff tries their best to get the players ready but ultimately it's up to them. They've played hockey at all levels. They know how to make passes and shoot pucks. But they need to pull their heads out of their asses and get to work."
I'm sure the players also think they're trying and playing to the best of their abilities. Figuring this shit out is why coaches exist. "Play better and harder" isn't coaching.

Obviously the game plans, defensive strategies, and pep talks aren't working any more than the effort/execution by many of the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad