Post-Game Talk: Game 64 - THE BEAR gets singed by the Flames - Calgary 5 BRUINS 2

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It is pretty obvious by now that this GM does not put winning the cup as his highest priority. His highest priority this deadline was getting rid of his mistake ( Backes) and then turning that transaction into cap relief to sign Krug this summer. Toffolli would have been fine. I feel bad for the guys in the room. And us fans that deserve better.
Yeah TT would have been a pretty smart move and most likely could have gotten him cheaper if they moved earlier, I think a 2nd and good prospect LA liked maybe Vaak.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Couldn't agree more, home ice means very little in the NHL playoffs, goaltending and officiating are bigger factors then home ice.
Yup. Still can’t get over Berube crying about Bruins getting more pp while his cheap shot artists got away with dirty plays. And guess what, only one pp called in the final game. Bruins weapon was the pp, guess who benefited from that. Officiating was a joke. One of the big reasons Bruins lost. There were other reasons as well, but I’m gonna hate Rooney for the rest of my life.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yup. Still can’t get over Berube crying about Bruins getting more pp while his cheap shot artists got away with dirty plays. And guess what, only one pp called in the final game. Bruins weapon was the pp, guess who benefited from that. Officiating was a joke. One of the big reasons Bruins lost. There were other reasons as well, but I’m gonna hate Rooney for the rest of my life.
Game 5 was a joke also.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Yeah TT would have been a pretty smart move and most likely could have gotten him cheaper if they moved earlier, I think a 2nd and good prospect LA liked maybe Vaak.
Toffoli might have been a good pick up. Looked good last night, but let’s wait and see once the honeymoon is over. I’m happy with Kase & unloading Backes right now.

Reactions: bbfan419 and duffy

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
major facts

what does this make? 11 of 14 wins?

place makes me sick sometimes
Bs are the best team in the league.

Have the best line in the league.

Best goaltending tandem in the league (Vegas close now)

Top 5 in D 1 thru 6.

Sitting in first place.

In February you simply cannot ask for more than that.

Reactions: Trizz617

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

He's shooting an unsustainable 23% right now. His career S% is 10.2%, which tells me he's just red hot and will come back down to earth. He also has 9pts in his last 5 games, but he's playing nearly 18 minutes a night. He's not getting that TOI here.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ritchie flew cross country and played the next day. He had a practice with the team and that's it.

He didn't look bad overall, but he was definitely lost in the defensive zone. He made some nice plays actually and was physical.

Team probably has tired legs as well. B2B then fly cross country.

Kase will replace Kuhlman who doesn't do anything when he's in the Top 6.

Give them time to gel. No point soiling our pants over one game, especially under the circumstances.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ritchie flew cross country and played the next day. He had a practice with the team and that's it.

He didn't look bad overall, but he was definitely lost in the defensive zone. He made some nice plays actually and was physical.

Give them time to gel. No point soiling our pants over one game, especially under the circumstances.
This is my one knock on him after the first game. He looked a little unsure. That said, it will take time getting used to those structures.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
That only assumes players will be playing. They’re people, susceptible to the virus, too.
That 1919 Final was suspended because players COULDN’T play due to the Spanish Flu. Almost the entire Habs roster was in the hospital.

Hall of Famer Joe Hall died because of it.

It’s the ONLY time the Stanley Cup was not awarded for reasons other than the owners locking out the players.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
That 1919 Final was suspended because players COULDN’T play due to the Spanish Flu. Almost the entire Habs roster was in the hospital.

Hall of Famer Joe Hall died because of it.

It’s the ONLY time the Stanley Cup was not awarded for reasons other than the owners locking out the players.
We could be talking suspension of season here, no?

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Anyone. Listen Kase could be great. But he is a question. A team as close to a cup as we are, that needs to be given the best chance. The highest priority. Even in an overpay. What was our offer for Kreider ? Was one made ? Toffolli ?, Was one made ? Pageau ? Was one made ?. I cant figure why we keep never getting the guys we need. The guy that comes in and excites the players and tells them management has their back. Zucker goes to Pittsburgh. How good would that guy look on our team. But Crosby gets him. I cant give trade scenario's. but there must have been a way to get creative for a top six guy this year and worry about signing Krug after the cup run. He wants to stay so he will wait. Even Grandlund would have been good. I just dont understand this guys reluctance to complete this team. Everyone knows what the team needs. Accept it seems the person who runs it. But listen, I have seen a guy like Studninka come up and be that guy. So maybe the GM knows better. I would love to be wrong. We will see.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
We could be talking suspension of season here, no?
There’s a long way to go before that’s called for, and things would have to get pretty bad if it came to that.

To be honest, if the NHL season is suspended/cancelled because of the corona virus, nobody will care because we will all have much bigger issues to worry about.

Let’s all hope and pray that it doesn’t get that bad.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com

This ^^^^^^ * 1000000

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
horrid effort, Ritchie did a few things I liked but wasn`t terribly noticeable which this fan isn`t worried about, don`t think he even practiced with the boys did he?

D handled the puck like a grenade all night

Move on but wake the f*** up please

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I'm a "sky is falling" guy as much as anyone, but man. First game back from a west coast road trip teams lay eggs all the time. Let the new guys get into the lineup, figure out the systems and figure out who they gel best with. Next 19 games are all about getting ready for the playoffs, not winning the president's trophy.

Reactions: Sevendust

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
horrid effort, Ritchie did a few things I liked but wasn`t terribly noticeable which this fan isn`t worried about, don`t think he even practiced with the boys did he?

D handled the puck like a grenade all night

Move on but wake the f*** up please

He had a morning skate with them. Should have been more than enough time to develop chemistry, learn the systems etc. What a trainwreck of a trade, he's worse than Brett! Should move him this summer for a low round pick just to get him off the team.

:sarcasm: (safety smiley)

Reactions: lopey and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He had a morning skate with them. Should have been more than enough time to develop chemistry, learn the systems etc. What a trainwreck of a trade, he's worse than Brett! Should move him this summer for a low round pick just to get him off the team.

:sarcasm: (safety smiley)
haha, morning skate, from the little I know about the NHL, these morning skates are hardly focused, well structured get togethers. He was fine, I suspect as he gets more comfortable he and the boys will look better

Last night was a team doing what we see so many teams do once they return from a roadie, play a dud in game 1 back home. I don`t understand why this is but it often is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad