Post-Game Talk: Game 64 - THE BEAR gets singed by the Flames - Calgary 5 BRUINS 2

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Me too. I'm trying to be alert, and not anxious and hope that it doesnt get big here. In the meantime praying health officials and scientists can get a vaccine or treatment in place fast.

Still gotta treat it like a regular flu. Wash, wash, WASH your hands. Dont touch your face. Try your best to avoid crowds. Sanitize everything. Lysol is your friend. We'll be okay. As an anxiety sufferer this is the worst for us. But we must try our best not to stress out. Its hard. But we must try!

The Bruins are keeping me sane. This website too. Distractions are needed.
stop watching the news. also get off twitter and facebook. problem solved.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
stop watching the news. also get off twitter and facebook. problem solved.

I try. But I also want to be informed. Its a slippery slope. A balance ive tried to deal with since 9/11.

I'm supposed to go to New Jersey next week to watch the USWNT play spain with my sister. I am TERRIFIED. I hope they cancel it, honestly.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He had a morning skate with them. Should have been more than enough time to develop chemistry, learn the systems etc. What a trainwreck of a trade, he's worse than Brett! Should move him this summer for a low round pick just to get him off the team.

:sarcasm: (safety smiley)
Ritchie does not have to be great to win this trade.

They got him for Heinen for christ sakes. I would have given Heinen to the Ducks for nothing.

Reactions: BruinDust

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Yeah we keep hearing the Bruins were very active and DS was in on all these players, but they never seem to get one of the main prizes, so not sure how serious offers were, although I am glad not to severely overpay, however he was offering a 2nd for Kovy which is scary, good thing he chose the Caps. I like DS and think he is great at signing college FA and re-signing our own guys to great contracts, but he is not great at making big trades or UFA signings, to me DS would be an awesome assistant GM and have a guy like a Rutherford or Yzerman type as the GM.

Have people forgotten about Rick Nash already? He was the main prize in 2018, and the Bruins got him (at great cost). He was sought after by many teams, which is why the price went so high. Just one of several articles that year that labels him as the main prize:

Exploring Nashville's "all-in" stance on Rick Nash - Blue Seat Blogs

I just don't know why this "Bruins never go for it" narrative pops up, especially in a year when nobody got a main prize, and just 2 years after landing said main prize. The Bruins "go for it" just as much or as little as any other team.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

They got him for Heinen for christ sakes. I would have given Heinen to the Ducks for nothing.

Having said that Ritchie will make bigger contributions to play off games than Hienen ever did.

Whenver I watched Bruin games and see this Hienen skating around......I think when are they gonna dump this guy.

Knew it would happen, just surprised it took so long.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Have people forgotten about Rick Nash already? He was the main prize in 2018, and the Bruins got him (at great cost). He was sought after by many teams, which is why the price went so high. Just one of several articles that year that labels him as the main prize:

I just don't know why this "Bruins never go for it" narrative pops up, especially in a year when nobody got a main prize, and just 2 years after landing said main prize. The Bruins "go for it" just as much or as little as any other team.

I think it happens for a couple of reasons: one, some people here are just down on everything about the team and what it does- if they don't win every game and bring home a cup every season it's a fail. Two, if the Bruins don't get the particular player some people want, they have a big moan up over it and decide that the team is unserious about winning.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
I think it happens for a couple of reasons: one, some people here are just down on everything about the team and what it does- if they don't win every game and bring home a cup every season it's a fail. Two, if the Bruins don't get the particular player some people want, they have a big moan up over it and decide that the team is unserious about winning.

Oh I'm sure there a multitude of reasons. So to those some people, can you imagine if the Bruins had landed Kreider or Palmieri this year? By all accounts they were in on them to the very end. That would mean the Bruins would have landed the 'big fish' in 2 out of 3 years (and obtained Coyle in their "off year"). That would have been unprecedented and off the charts in terms of deadline aggressiveness; as it stands they are still one of the more pro-active teams at the deadline.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I remember one year a (since banned) poster stating "I really hope we don't end up with Macdonald, really overrated imo", then after the TDL he spent days screaming how Chia screwed up our Cup chances by not getting MacDonald. You can't write this stuff.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Especially after a year in which the SC runner-up got the main prize at the deadline and it didn't guarantee them anything but a second round exit.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Very little energy by our guys last night.
The best line, by far was the 4th line, they played awesome.
Coyle was invisible, was the worse game I have seen him play this year.
Ritchie looked slow, hoping with Kase on his line, he will skate better.
Flames look like a decent team, they were missing Giordano as well.
The two dee they picked up ( Gustaffson and Forbert) will help them.
The only good news is the Leafs beat the Bolts, so they did not gain any ground on us.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
it just reminds me that when we are all getting so excited at rumor time that some insider said we are in on player A and another insider says we are in on player B and another insider says we are in on player C...

that insider rumors about who we are in on... dont usually come true

I know ive been saying that for over 10 years here and people still think im some hater that is criticizing the insiders. but the proof is in the pudding. year after year after year after year most the players the insiders tell us are coming here are never ever coming here

and... which insider was telling us we were in on nick Ritchie? honestly I cant remember. I know I was proposing we should get him as recently as this past off-season when we got his brother. in all honesty I thought the door closed on us getting him when we sent brett to the ahl.

I wont claim I knew he was coming... but I did identify his value to this team. I did say he would be a target of mine if the price was right. im no insider. but I felt it was logical we would try to get him and then we did try to get him.

I continue to say my success at predicting which players will end up as bruins is about the same as any of the insiders.

when people crap on fantasy trade proposals and scream they only want legitimate trade rumors maybe what they really mean is they dont want uneducated trade proposals made by unrealistic fans that dont consider team needs and cap management.

in hindsight some of my ideas werent so far fetched at all
wayne Simmonds was available at a very affordable price... and was desired by a team
Patrick marleau actually went to a cup contender most of us say is doing a good job
kovalchuk went to a cup contender most of us say is doing a good job
bobby ryan didnt get moved but he is back in the nhl and going to play again

I was saying we should/would address the size/toughness issue and we did
I was saying we would try to upgrade our right shooting scoring wing... and we did

I was never a fan of kase and said so... I as wrong about him being the target and im unhappy but I trust Sweeney and his team. they are probably more right than I am. I hope they are more right then I am.

I would have preferred tom Wilson or jake Virtanen over nick Ritchie but they arent available. milan lucic would cost more and doesnt have the upside of Ritchie. I wanted one of these elite power forwards and we got one...

so im 50% on this deadline. I wasnt in favor of giving up our first or andersson but I did say we should move backes and Heinen... so im 50% on that too

I will take it.

and if the insiders end up around 50% I think thats awesome. normally the success rates for me is a lot lower and for the insiders its usually lower too
I agree with this , same as last year no one had us in on Johansson, except maybe that Mancuso guy, but the big name insiders never mentioned the B's in on him, meanwhile we were supposed to be in on Mark Stone and others that did not come true.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

You need sorry bout the wastes of skin on your own team like Drouin.Or that brutal Price contract for that matter

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I guess Nash was one of the big prizes that year, I just never viewed him at that point in time as highly as some did. This year though with the team First overall and an aging core was the year to go for it.

Reactions: GoBs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You need sorry bout the wastes of skin on your own team like Drouin.Or that brutal Price contract for that matter
:laugh: Thats dead wood floating.

Until they dump Bergevin like they should have years ago Im all for the tank. Lose.

The Drouin trade could only be made by the type of idiot the Canadiens insist on hiring.

Price contract was again the doings of a man who should not have the keys to the GMs office.

Sweeney should have called Bargain Bin Bergevin when dealing Hienen. ;)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I guess Nash was one of the big prizes that year, I just never viewed him at that point in time as highly as some did. This year though with the team First overall and an aging core was the year to go for it.
Everyone though Nash was a huge pick up for the Bruins. Because he was.

Concussion late in season hurt big time. Played in play offs anyways.

Anyone who claims Bruins dont add or go for big fish ... i beg to differ.

Over the years at free agency, trade deadline and such. Ive seen guys go to Bruins that fans of other teams go "damn WTF" ! Chara, Horton, Riecchi, Kaberle, Jagr, Ryder, Iginla, Nash, Coyle just to name a few.

Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
That 1919 Final was suspended because players COULDN’T play due to the Spanish Flu. Almost the entire Habs roster was in the hospital.

Hall of Famer Joe Hall died because of it.

It’s the ONLY time the Stanley Cup was not awarded for reasons other than the owners locking out the players.

My maternal grandmother died at a young age in the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. From History.com:

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet's population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad