Post-Game Talk: Game 64 - THE BEAR gets singed by the Flames - Calgary 5 BRUINS 2

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
DeBrusk has always been the whipping boy to me. Skates hard, shoots with no danger, falls down, takes a change.

And still averages a goal about every 3.5 games.

He's not perfect, but imagine the complaints about secondary scoring if they didn't have his 27 last year and 18, thus far this year.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
A combination of a "sickness" (maybe flu) going around the locker room, the first game after the TDL and the first game back from the western road trip. Shit happens, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lull for a few games but this is to be expected after the above. If there is a flu going around I would sit whoever I can that's sick and bring up a couple kids. I know the next few games are against TBL and Isle's but the main goal right now is to maintain a decent hold on the upper teams in the standings and to stay healthy. The two new guys will need some time to acclimate. The Bruins haven't had in-season players added since last year and they're a tight knit group, adding two new "parts" to the formula is what they mean when the "experts" mention "Chemistry." They'll be alright.
Speaking of flu/sickness, what will happen if/when Covid 19 pandemic hits? For players? For games? For fans?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It is pretty obvious by now that this GM does not put winning the cup as his highest priority. His highest priority this deadline was getting rid of his mistake ( Backes) and then turning that transaction into cap relief to sign Krug this summer. Toffolli would have been fine. I feel bad for the guys in the room. And us fans that deserve better.

What a terrible take!

Reactions: OV

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Couldn't agree more, home ice means very little in the NHL playoffs, goaltending and officiating are bigger factors then home ice.

Injuries and pure luck are bigger factors than officiating.

Unless you are actually buying into biased officiating conspiracy theory.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Won last 9, now lost 2....pretty good overall i d say.

Give new guys some time.

I wonder if we ll see Studnicka back with the big club this year?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yes ,now personally I would rather they not play the Leafs in the first round.
I don’t want to play the Leafs . Living in an area with so many Leaf fans , it’s an emotionally draining experience. So it’s good Tampa lost . Big game on Thursday between Toronto and Florida, I wish the Bruins weren’t playing that night so I could watch it .

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Won last 9, now lost 2....pretty good overall i d say.

Give new guys some time.

I wonder if we ll see Studnicka back with the big club this year?

IDK, IIRC Cassidy/Sweeney made a comment during camp that the only way Studnicka would be on the team was as a Center. Obviously opinions can change, but I have to think if they were willing to play him at RW, they would have given him the shot already.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
A combination of a "sickness" (maybe flu) going around the locker room, the first game after the TDL and the first game back from the western road trip. Shit happens, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lull for a few games but this is to be expected after the above. If there is a flu going around I would sit whoever I can that's sick and bring up a couple kids. I know the next few games are against TBL and Isle's but the main goal right now is to maintain a decent hold on the upper teams in the standings and to stay healthy. The two new guys will need some time to acclimate. The Bruins haven't had in-season players added since last year and they're a tight knit group, adding two new "parts" to the formula is what they mean when the "experts" mention "Chemistry." They'll be alright.

A couple guys looked more like they had the "Cocktail Flu".

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don’t want to play the Leafs . Living in an area with so many Leaf fans , it’s an emotionally draining experience. So it’s good Tampa lost . Big game on Thursday between Toronto and Florida, I wish the Bruins weren’t playing that night so I could watch it .
Yeah I here you I live in Southern Ontario,the Leafs And Tampa in the first round would be good,yeah the Leafs beat Tampa last night,but doubt they could beat them in a 7 game series,even better if they didn’t make the playoffs though.

Reactions: OV and rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad