Post-Game Talk: Game 64 - THE BEAR gets singed by the Flames - Calgary 5 BRUINS 2

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I try. But I also want to be informed. Its a slippery slope. A balance ive tried to deal with since 9/11.

I'm supposed to go to New Jersey next week to watch the USWNT play spain with my sister. I am TERRIFIED. I hope they cancel it, honestly.

It's smart to stay informed. Burying your head in the sand would be worse.

It's a pain that we have to filter out the fluff and fear mongering to get the facts but such the is days we live in.

Reactions: Mione134

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Everyone though Nash was a huge pick up for the Bruins. Because he was.

Concussion late in season hurt big time. Played in play offs anyways.

Anyone who claims Bruins dont add or go for big fish ... i beg to differ.

Over the years at free agency, trade deadline and such. Ive seen guys go to Bruins that fans of other teams go "damn WTF" ! Chara, Horton, Riecchi, Kaberle, Jagr, Ryder, Iginla, Nash, Coyle just to name a few.
Yes they have added some big names in the past, but other than Nash, DS just seems to prefer adding smaller pieces, although worked last year with Coyle and MoJo

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
sadly we are in first place in the league after going to the cup finals last year
we did get a couple of the guys we needed :)

pastrnak was a guy we needed... yup got him
marchand was a guy we needed... yup got him
Bergeron was a guy we needed... yup got him
chara... got him a long time ago
rask… got him and had him for years too
McAvoy and carlo and debrusk... yup...
oh wow I keep looking down this roster and we got so many guys

oh wait I just noticed the cap cost column and damn... theres a limit

oh well... its ok... if we got a lot of good kids in the system we can replace the guys we will be losing in the years to come with affordable home grown elc's… thats how teams get what they need and stay competitive

we went to the finals in 2011 and 2013... and by focusing on home grown talent and cap management we got back in 2019 and are very likely headed there in 2020

its damn good... its damn good

and we needed to address team toughness
Ritchie/federic/lauzon are the guys we needed... got them now

and we needed to address a natural right handed shooting winger that could be a 20 plus goal thread
and kase is potentially that guy... got him now

Bjork/kuhlman dont get a job handed to them this year or next year... we create competion for the one remaining top 9 position

look at our top 9 depth chart

marchand… only 3-4 teams have a number 1 as good as marchand
pastrnak... easily one of the top 3-4 number 2's in nhl
Bergeron... no team in nhl has a number 3 better than ours

krejci... a top 5 number 4 guy... our depth is starting to become elite
debrusk... top 15 number 5 guy if he even is our number 5 guy...
coyle… could be our number 5 guy... if hes number 6 hes top 5

there are not many teams with 5 and 6 depth guys better than ours

kase… its early but if hes number 7 hes comparable to kapanen in Toronto... or whoever tampa ices
Ritchie... a 40 point 230 pound fighter. hes one of the top 5 scoring fighters in nhl and hes growing
Bjork... still developing but if hes your 9th depth chart thats damn good

wagner… last years 7th player award. plays a high demand energy game but can bring it when needed
kuraly... always steps up at playoffs... 4th line guys have flaws... but can be an impact player for us

Nordstrom... plays honest... if hes motivated he does a decent job on 4th line
Lindholm... versatile and puts out an effort... doesnt make a lot of mistakes
kuhlman… character energy player with some decent skill for a bottom 6 forward
blidh… brings an element thats interesting and can be useful on a 4th line

where can you say we didnt get what we need... we are top of the pile at every single forward position. maybe you were greedy and wanted to overfill positions but there is a caphit

and as we know... evan gold is a cap master

we were facing the very real possibility of maxing our cap this year with backes in the minors. adding 4 mill new cap hit without subtracting 7 mill cap hit was very likely going to cost us next year with a reduced ceiling

so... we got one more thing we were in need of... a better cap situation next year when people like you and me will want us to be competitive again

and room to sign players like krug/debrusk/grzelyck/halak/chara who people like me {and you?} will feel we need next year too

its good

Krejci hasn't looked effective in a decent span. I am
wondering if we have a dinged up #46?
Bruins are going nowhere without a contributing
Krejci and his sidekick DeBrusk has taken on
Heinen like attributes recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->