GDT: Game 64: Red Wings at sabres 7:00 pm et 3/12/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not to coach but to punch some of our so-called best players in the face. Those guys play with no heart.
You do recall he has his name on the Cup - as coach - right?

The team isn't as good as its winning steaks might have you believe. They aren't as bad as their losing streaks, either. This is just a really bad time to fall apart under the pressure. Not a great look.
There were quite a few games we won where I wondered how they pulled it off...Outplayed/outshot and they still managed to win...That luck ran out.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I'm not writing them off yet, but if they lose to Arizona, then they are done.

Even if they do make the playoffs, they still lose in the first round, so I'm not too worked up about the outcome.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I love the team, whether they make the playoffs or not... but it's clear to me that we need others in the room to pick up the mantle if Larks goes down, and lead this team. That, I think, is an issue right now. No one is leading them -- whether they have an A on their sweater or not.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I love the team, whether they make the playoffs or not... but it's clear to me that we need others in the room to pick up the mantle if Larks goes down, and lead this team. That, I think, is an issue right now. No one is leading them -- whether they have an A on their sweater or not.
A team with only one leader is good for nothing. They can’t bring this core back next year. They need real leadership. Guys with attitude. Not a bunch of simps who fold like a cheap tent.

Reactions: FMichael and kook10

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
There are websites that sell custom tee shirts that you can design yourself and upload graphics. I tried Bring your group together with custom t-shirts & more! and it only came out to $30 for a single print (cheaper if you order more), my "patch" only has 6 colors. I have not ordered from this company, just using it as an example. Google search shows over a dozen companies, I picked the first one.

You are welcome to use my patch artwork, but let me know if you plan to do so, and I can clean up the edges a bit. Out of all of my dumpster fire artwork, I like this one the best (hence my avatar).
I copied your idea a bit:

clippy.png

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
The Sharks jersey is currently nicer……
Their original jerseys circa 1992 are top notch...Everything after that has been horse manure.

A team with only one leader is good for nothing. They can’t bring this core back next year. They need real leadership. Guys with attitude. Not a bunch of simps who fold like a cheap tent.
And I feel that starts with the coaching staff.

Reactions: GMR

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
At what point do we transition from blaming Holland to pointing the finger at Yzerman?

Many younger Wings fans didn’t grow up rooting for him.

Wtf, I had to check to make sure that's correct... and it is.

He's still good defensively but OOF
He’s barely outscoring Kienan Draper.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lucas Raymond has been the most involved player during this losing streak which says a lot

Good for Raymond for showing that he gives a shit, but pretty sad for the rest of the team that it's a 21 year old showing the most snarl.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Remember two years ago a bad Arizona team came into LCA and hung 9 on the board, I think it was a March game?

Be prepared Red Wings' players, the boos are coming for you hard Thursday and Saturday if these efforts continue.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
At what point do we transition from blaming Holland to pointing the finger at Yzerman?

Good question...As I mentioned earlier - looking back we got a fair number of wins outta 'dumb luck' where we were outplayed/outshot...Luck has run out, the team looks unprepared, and the playoffs are now unlikely...Changes needed behind the bench?

Remember two years ago a bad Arizona team came into LCA and hung 9 on the board, I think it was a March game?

Be prepared Red Wings' players, the boos are coming for you hard Thursday and Saturday if these efforts continue.
I honestly hope it happens if the team lays an egg in the 1st - getting booed off the ice might wake these goofs up.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I still think the Wings get in the playoffs, but now you have let the Sabres into the chase and the Isles-Sabres game this week can be bad regardless of who wins.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023

I don’t think anyone can argue that he flat out got the defense wrong. It’s a double whammy on not only the veterans being bad, but they’re also blocking young D that should be getting NHL experience.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Seider is leader , but he's too Young, Perron is a good leader, but he's too old, if they bring him back just for around 2 mil. Cat should be traded, small and slow. Kane , does he wants to stay?. Fabbri should replace by younger and bigger player. Chiarot is a leader, but don't know what to expect from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad