GDT: Game 64: Red Wings at sabres 7:00 pm et 3/12/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Seider is leader , but he's too Young, Perron is a good leader, but he's too old, if they bring him back just for around 2 mil. Cat should be traded, small and slow. Kane , does he wants to stay?. Fabbri should replace by younger and bigger player. Chiarot is a leader, but don't know what to expect from him.

Age doesn't make someone a leader or not a leader, many players are leaders at 20 and stay leader to their last games. Cat and Kane are part of the reason this team is even sniffing the playoffs. Chiarot isn't a leader. He is trainwreck on ice.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Dvorsky literally couldn’t hack it in the SHL. It’s cool he’s scoring a lot on a completely stacked line, but if you’re doing a 1 to 1, Kasper’s a better prospect since he actually you know … stuck in the SHL
Use Benson then if you don’t like that for some reason. He’s out scores what Danielson is doing at 19.

All I’m saying is it’s ridiculous to say Danielson would have a “lot more” points than Benson when he can’t even do what Benson was doing in junior even being a year older

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
I don’t think anyone can argue that he flat out got the defense wrong. It’s a double whammy on not only the veterans being bad, but they’re also blocking young D that should be getting NHL experience.
Oh people will argue that, many still defend the Holl signing as a good move.

I really don't know what you do at this point, I'd like to see AJ or Ed up, but Yzerman seems dead set against it. Hell, I'd cut Petry just for a pound of flesh and to wake players up.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Remember two years ago a bad Arizona team came into LCA and hung 9 on the board, I think it was a March game?

Be prepared Red Wings' players, the boos are coming for you hard Thursday and Saturday if these efforts continue.
Hopefully some priority jersey patch chants do too!!

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

Reactions: Realgud

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Damn did the wheels fall off. I wonder if Kane even thinks about signing with them again if they don't make it.. call me crazy but I'd be bringing up Ed, Aljo, Kasper and Cossa if it was aloud.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Damn did the wheels fall off. I wonder if Kane even thinks about signing with them again if they don't make it.. call me crazy but I'd be bringing up Ed, Aljo, Kasper and Cossa if it was aloud.
Berggren too. This is actually what we needed to do in he beginning of the season.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Berggren too. This is actually what we needed to do in he beginning of the season.
Berggren doesn't do anything for me, not one of those hard to play against guys. He manages to get points somehow but I've yet to see him be as much of a force since day one

Reactions: Detroit Knights

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
i didnt know larkin was so important to the team, that they cant get a win to save their life

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Berggren doesn't do anything for me, not one of those hard to play against guys. He manages to get points somehow but I've yet to see him be as much of a force since day one

Would it work out by putting him on a line with 2 other forwards who are 'hard to play against'? We all want players who are, and who can score, but that is harder to find.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well Yzerman's role is limited at this point, it's up to the players and coach to limp into the postseason now. But I sure hope he's putting together a list of meaningful changes he's going to pursue this coming offseason.
One of those changes being walking into Chris Ilitch’s office and strangling him until he takes that grotesque f***ing patch off.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I dont he would get shelled at all

I think you think too highly of a 21 year old goalie playing behind an absolute disaster of a defense lol.

Zero need to put his confidence and development at risk for Chiarot and Petry to leave him out to dry time after time after time after time.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I think you think too highly of a 21 year old goalie playing behind an absolute disaster of a defense lol.

Zero need to put his confidence and development at risk for Chiarot and Petry to leave him out to dry time after time after time after time.
will admit there have been some rough games defensively lately but that has been the exception more than the norm IMO, IMO the team's defense is about league average or slightly below.

• Haha
Reactions: Remparts666

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
You can't deny they're making progress.

Last year, they fell apart in February. This year, it's March. Next year, they'll wait until April to crumble.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You can't deny they're making progress.

Last year, they fell apart in February. This year, it's March. Next year, they'll wait until April to crumble.

April would be already at the playoffs.

So the plan is:

Season 2024-25, April = 1st round exit
Season 2025-26, May = 2nd/3rd round exit
Season 2026-27, June = Losing SC final
Season 2027-28, July = It's party, after a Cup win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad