Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Canucks 9, Bruins 3 | The highest-scoring game of the JB era

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
What can you say? Told my significant other the Canucks were going to win and, of course, correct. Got Boston on the right night (especially their defense which was awful) and gave them a right beating. Schedule occasionally works in our favor. But give the team credit for real good effort up and down the line up.

Players with real good games

Miller - at this point one of the best power forwards in the League. Again amazed Tampa could give him up and still be great.

Stecher - if his last game nice to go out on a high. Inspired effort everywhere on the ice. Had to do a lot in his end in the third when Edler's game tapered off.

Horvat - best game in a while. Pushed his team into the game and a mainstay at both ends. This is the Horvat we need

Fantenberg - my concern right now is getting him back. Should be a priority. Easily in our top 4 and has been solid throughout. Fantenberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Benn

Hughes - didn't have to be as good as usual but still played real well.

Players with good games

Beagle - did a lot of dirty trench work needed against a team like the Bruins. Give some credit to Sutter here as well.

Motte - again making our 4th line tick.

Toffoli - did what he is suppose to do - SCORE. (and replacing Boeser in the process) Helped the Pettersson line tonight

Eriksson - even before contributing offensively was good on the forecheck. Little unlucky not to score more. Sometimes the old Eriksson comes to life.

Myers - is emerging as good pick up. Thought play at both blue lines was good. Needs to stay away from Chara. (actually Canucks wanted Chara on the ice in this game as he was bad)

Pettersson - goal was world class. Has incredibly accurate shot.

Others

Gaudette - if the Canucks can ever teach him to play defensively they got a player b/c he can really score.

Markstrom - not his best game but when the score gets ragged tendency for everyone to get ragged.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I really wonder if some of these Eastern Conference teams would have the gaudy records that they have, if they faced the same travel schedules as a lot of teams in the West, particularly the Canucks. Their third game in four nights, and a second half of a back to back, and looked gassed from the outset.

So it's now onto the trade deadline....will be interesting if Jimbo is active but even if he isn't the acquisition of Tofoli is money in the bank alone.

And as an aside, watching Charlie McAvoy out there is enough to make you cry. Picked 14th overall by the Bruins in 2016....meantime, the guy we picked fifth is buried in Utica. Sigh!

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I can't get over Hughes's number's these last few games. And Im not even talking about counting stats like his assists.

He's insane. He just is

How does a player have a 16-1 High Dangerous scoring chance differential in the last 2 games 5v5.
just how?

Just accept it, he’s a generational talent. Would you trade him for Dahlin or Heiskanen? Hell no

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We need another Tyler Motte appreciation thread....he's accomplishing the impossible on the fourth line....actually making Jay Beagle into a decent hockey player.

But please, please....can they move Sutter somewhere up in the lineup? Slotting him in for Roussell on the third line would be a start.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
True but he is a first line wingers and first line wingers always play with star centres. They both benefit from each other
Been saying this for months I will say it again
JT Miller is a 26 years old first line forward that wins a shit tons of faceofffs, kills penalty and makes 5.25m until 2023.
He is literally a fictional player

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Canucks need to re-sign Toffoli. He makes this top 6 so much better once Boeser is back. I do think this is a great spot for him as well from his perspective
I know his wife works for the dodger and stuff, but how does she feel about making thousands of dollars each year from Aqua for doing nothing

Reactions: Red

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
This season has now seen both the highest single-game goals for and against the Canucks during the JB era (9GF vs. Boston, 9GA @ Tampa Bay)

Reactions: dps

GFY

Touhou Fanatic
Dec 21, 2013
Richmond, B.C.
I think Toffoli works much better on the top line than Boeser does. Aside from Boeser's confidence in his shot being at an all-time low prior to injury, I think Toffoli brings some edge to his game which I feel fits perfectly with Miller and Petey, on top of the fact he's been shooting on the good chances he's had unlike Boeser.

I think Boeser fits better alongside Horvat and Pearson because he's been looking to pass more this season rather than shoot and I could be totally wrong on this, but I've felt Miller and Petey are more looking to setup people than take the shot themselves and with Boeser turning into that kind of player this year he's really looked out of place on that line.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad