Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Canucks 9, Bruins 3 | The highest-scoring game of the JB era

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
You whipped us good

I am a good loser - Here is Jack Edwards call of the game

Not the best effort from you guys, but obviously you guys are still a cup contender. Strong team to deal with in a 7 game series.

Can't wait to get home and hear a sad Jack call the game tho

Reactions: Red

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I bet it is pats on the back and cigars all around the Canucks front office, obviously they're the best trading group and now that toffoli is here our offense is untouchable. Will definitely be winning every game by 5+ goals.

Reactions: Jimnastic

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Here's the biggest takeaway from this game IMO:

Nucks up 6-1 and early into the third Boston strikes twice for a 6-3 deficit... previously this team would have slowed down and tried to protect the lead. This version said F that and pushed hard. Toffoli with the experience buries it, comes up clutch & says not today.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Here's the biggest takeaway from this game IMO:

Nucks up 6-1 and early into the third Boston strikes twice for a 6-3 deficit... previously this team would have slowed down and tried to protect the lead. This version said F that and pushed hard. Toffoli with the experience buries it, comes up clutch & says not today.
Agreed. After the 3-6 goal I admit I was thinking okay this could get interesting here. That's when the top line exploded after a quiet-ish first two periods and brought this game home. It was the nail in the coffin for Boston and they had nothing else to give.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Excellent game to follow up that horrible outing against Boston last go around. These are the games that set the tone for us going forward. We need to play every game like its the playoffs until the end of the year, its imperative to not let off the gas with how tight it is in our division.

Hughes in just insane, he should be in the Norris conversation, never mind the Calder, just look at the impact he has had on this team. Miller, Pettersson, and Toffoli are clicking big time. Markstrom has to be a Vezina finalist.

Jake Virtanen had an excellent game and was a physical force in response to Kuraly and Blidh (man every single hit they throw could be called charging, especially Kuraly, he's like a 2015 Michael Ferland), had a couple really big hits and just dumped Blidh behind the net. We need those plays, Motte provides that physicality too.

Roussel is just not himself, he must be playing hurt or something. He's missing the agitator part of his game in the new year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Finally a dominating win against a team playing in the 2nd of back to back games at the end of their Western road trip. This was a game that the Canucks are supposed to have the advantage and they delivered. This team seems a bit reinvigorated by the Toffoli acquisition.

Reactions: Indiana and David71

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Great to see you come around PG. you don’t like management but you offer an unbiased opinion. I wish others could do the same. The Canucks are bigger than Benning, linden, Aquilini or whatever smuck is running things
I’ve come around in things for awhile now. I’m not particularly on any side right now. I’m just going to call a spade a spade as we go from now on. Tired of tanking and cheering for losses and it’s just not a fun mindset to constantly be stuck in, regardless if I think management is good or not - me cheering for losses have absolutely zero outcome on the game, Benning being fired, or the Canucks becoming better.

I’m cheering for this team because the core players make it easy to root for. Horvat has been my favourite player ever since I bought his jersey in his first damn season, I want to see my guy win. The veterans is not the same case for me however and I dislike most of them, if not all, but whatever.

It’s been so much healthier for me to just cheer for this team again. Being constantly negative about every goddamn f***ing aspect of this team is honestly embarrassing. There are fans who are just so stuck in their ways and I hope one day they can get out of that mentality and just have fun with the Canucks again. This team is FUN and anyone saying otherwise is wrong IMO, they’re free to feel the opposite but how you can feel that way is beyond me. The core players of this team and dynamic and electric.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I’ve come around in things for awhile now. I’m not particularly on any side right now. I’m just going to call a spade a spade as we go from now on. Tired of tanking and cheering for losses and it’s just not a fun mindset to constantly be stuck in, regardless if I think management is good or not - me cheering for losses have absolutely zero outcome on the game, Benning being fired, or the Canucks becoming better.

I’m cheering for this team because the core players make it easy to root for. Horvat has been my favourite player ever since I bought his jersey in his first damn season, I want to see my guy win. The veterans is not the same case for me however and I dislike most of them, if not all, but whatever.

It’s been so much healthier for me to just cheer for this team again. Being constantly negative about every goddamn f*cking aspect of this team is honestly embarrassing. There are fans who are just so stuck in their ways and I hope one day they can get out of that mentality and just have fun with the Canucks again. This team is FUN and anyone saying otherwise is wrong IMO, they’re free to feel the opposite but how you can feel that way is beyond me. The core players of this team and dynamic and electric.
Very well said! We should all get onboard. The stretch run should be awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->