Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Canucks 9, Bruins 3 | The highest-scoring game of the JB era

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
This team has beaten the Blues, Capitals, Penguins and now the Bruins. 3 games left against the Avalanche and Lightning, I think more than 1 round is possible depending on who we play.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

1. I miss the Sedins so much, even if they played minor roles in this game
2. I do not miss Miller pouty blame the defenseman look after getting scored on. I understand he was mostly decent here but I hated that look with a passion.

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Wow.

I mean, I hate the Bruins with a deep dark passion, but that was a beauty. So great to watch that with friends of mine.

I was under the influence of a couple alcoholic beverages but that was a stellar performance. To blast 9 past the Bruins is massive.

Had a great time at the Meet The Team event on Thursday. Got to meet the Sedins and it really brought me back to when I was a kid. No matter what, I think everyone here wants to win a Cup and these games give you that passion. We've dealt with so much crap over the years, but this was fun.

I bought season tickets to see the Canucks win the cup one day, I know it's out of our control, but man that was a fun night. That's why we watch. Hope everyone else felt the same way.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Very well said! We should all get onboard. The stretch run should be awesome
fasten your seatbelts for the final 22 games or so. its gonna be a ride to the finish line. this team has been fun to watch all season. highs and lows. fairly healthy for the most part. if this is stecher's final game he went out with a bang. 1 goal 3points. hopefully benning has some tricks up his sleeves to finally give this current squad a chance to go deep in the playoffs. They deserved it.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Man what a game today. Didn't think I'd ever see us drop 9 goals on the Bruins but that's just hockey sometimes... With the atmosphere in the arena it felt like a playoff game. If only Game 7 had been this result! Would've loved to see them crunch a few Bruins when the opportunity presented itself.

They battled hard out there and after a bit of a slow start didn't let them take momentum for any overly long stretches. Give them credit for matching their intensity, even though they were coming off a back-to-back. You can see why BOS is a good team, but Rask obviously had an off-night. Guy never seems to do well against VAN for some odd reason. :laugh:

I know Gaudette scored the one goal but didn't think he had a particularly good game. I don't even care too much about his defensive play, but he's got to win more puck battles out there. Doing that and executing the safe play when necessary will earn him more trust in Green's books. Otherwise you can almost see him putting Sutter back in the 3C spot in the playoffs, knowing how conservative of a coach he is.

Thought Stecher played well and actually carried that pairing with him and his partner Edler today. He's a gamer and plays hard, on top of his ability to move the puck. I realize that there have been all these rumours about him getting traded lately but IMO they're probably better off keeping him over Tanev. The one time Benning may have actually found a decent 2nd pairing D-man and he wants to ship him out... it would be a shame losing one of the more likeable guys on the team who plays with his heart on his sleeve and is local to boot.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
dude... just enjoy the win and stop shutting on people. Seriously.

I did enjoy that win.
Didn’t you see my post all game?

Satisfied, but since the usual suspects liked your post they have a grind against whatever happens.

Whatever, I’m glad we won and I enjoy every damn win we can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
God, what a ridiculous win. Whatever happens the rest of the season, this has got to go down as the high point. I still can't believe everything that happened in this game, let alone the rest of the day with Ovechkin and...David Ayres? Just totally wild

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I did enjoy that win.

Satisfied, but since the usual suspects liked your post they have a grind against whatever happens.

When you come out swinging like that it makes it seem like you care more about being right then about the team winning.

Which, you know, I can't relate to because I'm always right anyway.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Look, I can be as negative as anyone, but how in the f*** could you be negative about that? One of, if not the best game we’ve played all year.

THIS is how this team needs to play. If we can do this consistently that would get me damn excited(obviously not win 9-3 every game, but play high tempo good hockey consistently).

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Look, I can be as negative as anyone, but how in the f*ck could you be negative about that? One of, if not the best game we’ve played all year.

THIS is how this team needs to play. If we can do this consistently that would get me damn excited(obviously not win 9-3 every game, but play high tempo good hockey consistently).

The team was awesome tonight. The only negative would be Sutter. He was dreadful out there. Without him it could have been 9-0. Would love a surprise trade on Monday seeing him gone just like Gudbranson last year. Addition by subtraction

Reactions: geebaan

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I did enjoy that win.

Sore winner.

That was a pretty amazing game.
Toffoli coming better than advertised so far.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
53? How? Cop?

Made an average of about $60,000 a year for 27 years, and when I lost my job as a city engineer, my wife and I did the math and said why work anymore. Our income is considered to be below the poverty level, but we have decent assets and no debts.

Simple advice? Don't buy toys ever if you need to finance it. And be born white male and privileged ....

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
Wow.

I mean, I hate the Bruins with a deep dark passion, but that was a beauty. So great to watch that with friends of mine.

I was under the influence of a couple alcoholic beverages but that was a stellar performance. To blast 9 past the Bruins is massive.

Had a great time at the Meet The Team event on Thursday. Got to meet the Sedins and it really brought me back to when I was a kid. No matter what, I think everyone here wants to win a Cup and these games give you that passion. We've dealt with so much crap over the years, but this was fun.

I bought season tickets to see the Canucks win the cup one day, I know it's out of our control, but man that was a fun night. That's why we watch. Hope everyone else felt the same way.
Awesome post!

Reactions: victoriacanucker

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Awesome way to finish off at home before heading on the road.

now if only we didn’t lose 5-1 to the horrible Ducks...

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
The team was awesome tonight. The only negative would be Sutter. He was dreadful out there. Without him it could have been 9-0. Would love a surprise trade on Monday seeing him gone just like Gudbranson last year. Addition by subtraction

Edler was absolutely horrid on the Bruin's first and third goals. If you watch closely, he gets caught going the wrong way and Pastrnak blows past him at the Bruin's blue line leading to a clean break away. On the Bruin's third goal, he gets caught in no man's land when trying the block Wagner's first shot, which allows Wagner to get to his rebound uncontested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad