Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Canucks 9, Bruins 3 | The highest-scoring game of the JB era

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
GTvnqp5.jpg

Reactions: Indiana

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I feel like we're gonna get absolutely smoked by Boston.

But in true Canucks fashion, we'll probably dominate Boston, and then put up pitiful performances against the Habs and Sens.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I feel like we're gonna get absolutely smoked by Boston.

But in true Canucks fashion, we'll probably dominate Boston, and then put up pitiful performances against the Habs and Sens.

Even my wife, who cares very little and knows very little about hockey, noticed this the other day. She goes: "How come every time I ask you if the team the Canucks are playing are good, you say 'not really' and then they go and beat the Canucks?" haha

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Even my wife, who cares very little and knows very little about hockey, noticed this the other day. She goes: "How come every time I ask you if the team the Canucks are playing are good, you say 'not really' and then they go and beat the Canucks?" haha

I’ve had this exact same exchange with my wife

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm getting nervous about Pettersson. He cooled off so dramatically in the last half of last season, and the same thing is happening again. We've only seen him blow the doors off another team in 3 games since 2020 started, and that is a 21 game span. Doesn't seem to have that second gear for the last part of the season so he can be an effective 1st line producer. Was really hoping since we saw him play a less frantic and more reserved style this year that we were going to see him with more in the tank for the final push, but I'm not seeing it.

We don't win this game tonight if Petey doesn't dominate like we know he can, but haven't been seeing lately. Also: We'll also def need a heroic superman game out of Marky, rather than the unusual 'clark kent' effort we got last game against the Wild.

Reactions: Indiana

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I'm getting nervous about Pettersson. He cooled off so dramatically in the last half of last season, and the same thing is happening again. We've only seen him blow the doors off another team in 3 games since 2020 started, and that is a 21 game span. Doesn't seem to have that second gear for the last part of the season so he can be an effective 1st line producer. Was really hoping since we saw him play a less frantic and more reserved style this year that we were going to see him with more in the tank for the final push, but I'm not seeing it.

We don't win this game tonight if Petey doesn't dominate like we know he can, but haven't been seeing lately. Also: We'll also def need a heroic superman game out of Marky, rather than the unusual 'clark kent' effort we got last game against the Wild.

I agree on Petey. He’s not at all the same player he was in the first 20 or so games of the season and it’s back to back years wheres that’s the case. He’s falling down pretty much whenever he gets touched and isn’t producing much other than a point here and a point there.

Obviously he’s still been good, we just know how much better he can be. Hopefully he turns it around soon.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Green must be on the tank brigade. Loui in the top 6 again.

I don’t blame LE for playing like **** or with that **** contract. It’s the GM that gave him that deal and the coach that spoon feeds him ice time.

Reactions: xtr3m

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Just look at that Boston line up holy shiet.
They are f**king legit alright.
We are so gonna get absolutely destroyed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Must win game. A loss here guarantees another buy on Monday.
Sadly, I think that will be their thinking. We need more rather than damn, just not good enough.

Sutter, Sven, Eriksson, Gagner, Beagle, Roussell, Schaller, Ferland. Aside from Sven who was young they’ve brought in so many vets and have failed miserably. Roussel being the best of the bunch but not doing much lately.

Simmonds would just be another body. You’d be expecting too much to think he’ll lead the team in hits each game. He’s not Clutterbuck at this stage of his career.

as for the game. Rested team on a long homestand vs a team in back to backs and 3 in 4 nights with travel. Game will be very telling of this teams character.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Sadly, I think that will be their thinking. We need more rather than damn, just not good enough.

Sutter, Sven, Eriksson, Gagner, Beagle, Roussell, Schaller, Ferland. Aside from Sven who was young they’ve brought in so many vets and have failed miserably. Roussel being the best of the bunch but not doing much lately.

Simmonds would just be another body. You’d be expecting too much to think he’ll lead the team in hits each game. He’s not Clutterbuck at this stage of his career.

as for the game. Rested team on a long homestand vs a team in back to backs and 3 in 4 nights with travel. Game will be very telling of this teams character.
Coming off an injury and played at worst - what he was paid (imho) last season (at best, well worth the money spent). I cut him a significantly longer rope than the other stiffs.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I predict Pettersson will end up injured in this game from a Marchand cheap shot and no one will come to his defense. Benning will then go all in at the deadline trying to find a new #1 center and come away with Carl Soderberg at the bargain basement price of Juolevi and a 2021 2nd round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad