Post-Game Talk: GAME #61: Canucks 9, Bruins 3 | The highest-scoring game of the JB era

member 290103

Made an average of about $60,000 a year for 27 years, and when I lost my job as a city engineer, my wife and I did the math and said why work anymore. Our income is considered to be below the poverty level, but we have decent assets and no debts.

Simple advice? Don't buy toys ever if you need to finance it. And be born white male and privileged ....

too late for me. I f***ed it all up.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Edler was absolutely horrid on the Bruin's first and third goals. If you watch closely, he gets caught going the wrong way and Pastrnak blows past him at the Bruin's blue line leading to a clean break away. On the Bruin's third goal, he gets caught in no man's land when trying the block Wagner's first shot, which allows Wagner to get to his rebound uncontested.

I think you have the first goal all wrong. Sutter has control of the puck and Edler starts pinching looking for a chance when Sutter literally just hands it over to Grezlyk for absolutely no reason other than sheer stupidity and then gets caught flat footed on the pass as Pastrnak blows right hy him.

The game is passing by Sutter and it would be nice if Benning can unload him asap

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Wow............had to PVR the game due to being out last night and got up early this morning to watch it.

If someone would've told me the score was going to be 9-3 I would've definitely assumed it was for the Bruins.

2 things that really stood out for me. #1 Horvat - was flying all night - really need him to play like that (which is how he should be playing) as would give us two very solid lines at least. #2 Hughes - I'm calling it - In my opinion he's passed Petey in terms of importance to our team. NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT he's making spectacular plays. He totally transforms our team and if you can't get excited about him and our future (regardless of what cap or management issues that we might have) you are blinded by your hate for management.

Great game that really bodes well for our stretch run.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins fan here. Not sure what to say, although this actually isn't that rare as of late vs. the Canucks. These are Rask's numbers vs. the Canucks since the start of 2017/18:

Feb 18, 2018: 4/8, .500 sv. % (pulled after 20 min, credited with loss)
Nov 8, 2018: 11/14, .786 sv. %, (in relief, played 25:07, credited with loss)
Feb 4, 2020: 25/25, 1.000 sv. % (60 min shutout)
Feb. 22, 2020: 21/27, .778 sv. % (pulled after 46:28, credited with loss)

Total: 1-3-0, .824 sv. %, 5.15 GAA, 1 SO

Don't think you'll find that kind of stat line anywhere else.

Actually Halak is even worse, he's at .796 sv % and 5.38 GAA.

October 20, 2018: 18/20, .909 sv. % (lost in OT)
November 8, 2018: 14/19, .737 sv. % (pulled at 34:53, no result)
February 22, 2020: 5/8, .626 sv. % (in relief, no result)

Combined they've let in 23 goals on 100 shots since the start of 2017/18

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Better game from Horvat but a good captain today grows way better facial hair than he has. Embarrassing come playoff time :shakehead

Tee hee hee, you wanna talk about playoff beard?

No one expects Horvat's playoff beard to look like THIS:
brentburns.jpg

But it should be magnitudes better than THIS:
Xhcf2NyONlU5wjFs2NPL8jRN7KAD7F_UCKlWp7Y7qq1m3sk99MxmAsVqEWni_qZB9UY1Peesc4d447cfFLECscEszzVAhvTRQmo7CzqiXfHb_Isg9QNl5ledEzHuKd4JyE-NwvVZXa6_tXPoK-CL7l1d_wjr8r_HROtaAe0Ryg

Verdict: not the best, but I'm alright as long as it's not the worst.
:D

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
The game is passing by Sutter and it would be nice if Benning can unload him asap
Truer words were never spoken! I understand he fights hard on the forecheck, is a reasonable penalty killer, however his transistion game kills him. His +/- reflected this last night. He was quite bad.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Was great to see that Bo Horvat in power mode again...I was concerned that maybe he was injured the last little while (or maybe just worn out)...Anyway,he played like the Captain last night.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Sutter's biggest problem is that his motor has broken on the backcheck and he just doesn't move his feet to stay with his check.
I've been wondering if his body is just too far gone and he doesn't push as much as he can with his skating because he's worried about getting injured again.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've been wondering if his body is just too far gone and he doesn't push as much as he can with his skating because he's worried about getting injured again.

Maybe?

It looks like his energy level is still good on the forecheck and maybe he’s burning himself out there, but when the play gets turned over and he has to skate back ... honestly, it’s pathetic. He looks like a guy on the back end of a 3-minute shift in a beer league game.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
I can't get over Hughes's number's these last few games. And Im not even talking about counting stats like his assists.

He's insane. He just is

How does a player have a 16-1 High Dangerous scoring chance differential in the last 2 games 5v5.
just how?
ummm. he skates well and passes even weller.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Gotta disagree. Thought it was one of Edler's weaker games. But that first Oston Ruins goal was a spectacular pass, and Edler realised immediately he was beat and made a desperation flail. Not Edler's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad