GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
People are going to hate me for this but:

Hayden - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura
Saad - Anisimov - Kahun
Kunitz - Krüger - Kämpf

You really need to separate Schmaltz and Kane. Schmaltz needs two shooters right now.
I dont think you break up toews line yet. Put schmaltz with Saad and someone with speed, maybe fortin if he can manage RW. Move anisimov to center Kane and Hayden

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Hayden - Toews - Kane
Saad - Anisimov - Kahun
Kunitz - Krüger - Kämpf

You really need to separate Schmaltz and Kane. Schmaltz needs two shooters right now.

Ahhh, this burns my eyes!

Why move DeBrincat away from Toews because Schmaltz doesn’t want to shoot?

Put Schmaltz on the third line way before pulling DeBrincat away from Toews.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I dont think you break up toews line yet. Put schmaltz with Saad and someone with speed, maybe fortin if he can manage RW. Move anisimov to center Kane and Hayden

Kane needs better players if we want the best from him and if you are slotting Hayden there, Anisimov is too slow and not as skilled as required.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Doubt many of those followers are from Chicago.
They are probably all Euros following players who play for their respective Euro countries

I have no idea who any Fire player - or any MLS player for that matter. But I’m pretty sure those Instagram followers are Euro dudes who look just like the soccer players - 5’8”, sleeve tattoos and the obligatory hipster hairdo with the shaved sides, that shaved part line and lots of ‘product’ for game time!

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Sikura has to come up, I do agree. Speaking of Bowman, looking back over the past three years he really has had a rough time. Raanta we essentially gave away and he's a huge bright spot in Arizona. I'm happy for him.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Any lineup with Kunitz in it is wrong.

Guy shouldn’t be anywhere near our lineup.

I’ll drive him back to Pittsburgh with me Saturday.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They are probably all Euros following players who play for their respective Euro countries

I have no idea who any Fire player - or any MLS player for that matter. But I’m pretty sure those Instagram followers are Euro dudes who look just like the hockey players - 5’8”, sleeve tattoos and the obligatory hipster hairdo with the shaved sides, that shaved part line and lots of ‘product’ for game time!
Schweinsteiger is a staple in soccer, not just Germany. He's big everywhere. The millions of soccer fans in the United States and even just big sports fans will know him. He's also played for Manchester United. He was a heart and soul midfielder who also had talent. He's a pretty big guy and plays extremely hard.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Ahhh, this burns my eyes!

Why move DeBrincat away from Toews because Schmaltz doesn’t want to shoot?

Put Schmaltz on the third line way before pulling DeBrincat away from Toews.

So:

DeBrincat - Toews - Kahun
Hayden - Anisimov - Kane
Saad - Schmaltz - Sikura
Kunitz - Krüger - Kämpf

I'm fine with that but I'm sure that 2nd line is going to be dreadful. If you swap Hayden with Sikura, it makes 2nd line better but 3rd line dreadful. At least on paper.

This balance is way off just because of Saad is playing Mashinter level out there.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I think that Schmaltz could be a 75 point player if he'd just shoot the ****ing puck. He looked like he turned a corner on that front last year but now he's regressed horribly.
Disagree. Hard rack up points when you lose 67% off your face offs and can’t possess the puck.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
WRT Q vs. Stan:
Q is a good coach. His shelf life is expired here though. Q is a great Point B to C coach. He needs a talented, skilled roster to succeed at the highest level. What he isn't is a coach that can get the most out of a team that is not immensely talented. Q can coach circles around anyone in the league if he has the right pieces. I'd bet you after he leaves here, if he wants to coach again, he could go to Winnipeg or Tampa or some team like that and win a Cup. It is just over in Chicago. He's done here. The Hawks need a new voice in the dressing room.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Schweinsteiger is a staple in soccer, not just Germany. He's big everywhere. The millions of soccer fans in the United States and even just big sports fans will know him. He's also played for Manchester United. He was a heart and soul midfielder who also had talent. He's a pretty big guy and plays extremely hard.

That’s fine, but you don’t actually think the Hawks fans were applauding him over Hendricks, do you?

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Kane needs better players if we want the best from him and if you are slotting Hayden there, Anisimov is too slow and not as skilled as required.
That's a good thought, kane definitely needs someone with finish. Because had fortin and schmaltz buried some of the chances he made for them the first period the game could've been blown open early.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Btw, let Detroit get Hughes. Kaapo Kakko is pretty good 2nd and he might be playing center in future. He is already playing as center in Finland and has background of playing center. ;)

migi

Feb 25, 2015
That's a good thought, kane definitely needs someone with finish. Because had fortin and schmaltz buried some of the chances he made for them the first period the game could've been blown open early.

True that. Imo Fortin just generates with speed but like people said, when the possession in o-zone starts, Fortin looks lost in there. Doesnt know where to go and imo it looks like it's his hockey IQ.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Hayden - Toews - Kane
Saad - Anisimov - Kahun
Kunitz - Krüger - Kämpf

Migi I don't think it's fair to separate Cat and Captain when their chemistry has been electric.

With our current roster (so no Sikura unfortunately) they could try this:

DeBrincat-Toews-Schmaltz
Hayden-Kahun-Kane
Saad-Anisimov-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

Could also go top heavy with the following top 6:

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kahun

But it does eliminate depth.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Exactly, Kane needs finishers and space eaters on his line more than he needs a pass-first (second, third, fourth, and fifth) playmaker.

Kane is one of the best playmakers and puck-carriers in the world, he also just happens one of the game’s best goal-scorers.

Reactions: kanetoews1988

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
True that. Imo Fortin just generates with speed but like people said, when the possession in o-zone starts, Fortin looks lost in there. Doesnt know where to go and imo it looks like it's his hockey IQ.
Yup I see the same thing. First shift of the game for him i believe he flew through the neutral zone around a defender and made nothing happen. Pretty sure he threw a weak pass cross crease. But it seems he cant really think it fast enough to create his own offense. He needs his chances made for him, like kane giving him a 1 on 1 point blank on the goalie and he doesnt even get a great shot off.

Reactions: migi

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I went to the last game of the season this year. I saw Weidenfeller's last game and got his autograph. Game was in Hoffenheim though, I still want to go to a game in the Westfalenstadion.
I went to a great place near Irving and Lincoln. I had the Weidenfeller with spaetzel and sour cream. Delicious!

I was doing good drinking that nice Hoffenheim weiss until someone decided to order Westfalenstadion shots!!!

Reactions: TLEH

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Exactly, Kane needs finishers and space eaters on his line more than he needs a pass-first (second, third, fourth, and fifth) playmaker.

Kane is one of the best playmakers and puck-carriers in the world, he also just happens one of the game’s best goal-scorers.
Unfortunately, the only players on the team that have finish are Kane himself and DeBrincat right now.. I guess you could say Toews does too, but they never play together.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Migi I don't think it's fair to separate Cat and Captain when their chemistry has been electric.

With our current roster (so no Sikura unfortunately) they could try this:

DeBrincat-Toews-Schmaltz
Hayden-Kahun-Kane
Saad-Anisimov-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

It just looks awful to me... But rather this than Schmaltz with Kane until he starts shooting.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
And yet not a single person in the UC knew who he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille