GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Saad gets white shirted. Kunitz gets put out for the empty net. This is comical. Like I said before Kunitz is a meme in Pittsburgh. KUNITZ WAS THERE!

Good point. For as disappointing as Saad has been, Kunitz has absolutely been worse. Kunitz should be the asshole wearing the white Jersey next practice.

Reactions: Jeffrey Lebowski

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Then as the GM you send him ****ing packing. And get a coach in there that does.

No way he has full discretion on a decision like this.
I wish that Stan had carte blanche on that matter, but I think that McCub and Rocky have something to do with Q sticking around for as long as he has. Last season was the perfect excuse to fire him but it would look very reactionary, and you can't fire a HOF coach after one bad season. Q has to hang himself this season. I wish he would be gone by the end of November, but I don't think he's getting fired until they are eliminated from playoff contention.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Is Schmaltz a better center than Matt Duchene? Who will be the better center over the next three seasons?

I’m actually asking.
I think that Schmaltz could be a 75 point player if he'd just shoot the f***ing puck. He looked like he turned a corner on that front last year but now he's regressed horribly.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Is Schmaltz a better center than Matt Duchene? Who will be the better center over the next three seasons?

I’m actually asking.
Duchene by a mile at this rate. Duchene is underrated. Guy is excellent on draws and defensively. He can fly. Has a good shot. He’s been in some shit situations that he has and hasn’t put himself into by himself anyway. I think he’s really good

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
He plays soccer in Chicago

That is on level with our WNBA team and I don't know who is on that team or what name of team even is at this point

In US soccer stars are not big. Infact a former 80's movie star or pop star is more likely to been recognized

For instance if Andrew McCarthy was on big screen next to him the crowd would have recognized and cheered Andrew McCarthy with people likely turning to person next to them like "Man I haven't seen Weekend at Bernie's in forever" or "I loved St Elmo's Fire back in day"

He’s a soccer player. Let’s be honest. 99% of the people at the UC or watching couldn’t give one tenth of one crap.

But since he’s a soccer player, maybe he’d be more easily recognized if that girl next to Kyle lightly kicked him in the shin and he fell to the ground grimacing in pain like he’s been shot with an AK 47

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

I’m actually asking.
I think duchene will definitely continue to be better. Unless schmaltz moves to the wing. I think it's clear he doesnt work as well at center

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
For years, the adage about the Blackhawks was that there were 20,000 hockey fans in Chicago, and they were all at Chicago Stadium each night.

I think the same could be said for the Fire and soccer in Chicago. They have butts in the seats, but I have honestly never heard anybody talk about them irl.
This is Chicago. Outside of some people who have relocated from European or Latin American countries, the only people who care about soccer are the parents who watch their 6 year olds play the game before the graduate to other sports.

Reactions: Krivo25

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Duchene still doesn’t have a deal in Ottawa. If he hits UFA, do you spend the money on him or Schmaltz’s extension?
This Schmaltz isn't getting 6 mil anyway. I'd rather have Duchene though. Even if we get old Schmaltz back. Course depends on contract length and value and etc but I really like Duchene and I think he can Kane would light it up.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This is Chicago. Outside of some people who have relocated from European or Latin American countries, the only people who care about soccer are the parents who watch their 6 year olds play the game before the graduate to other sports.

Not wrong for the most part, but there definitely is a small group of diehard fans.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
People are going to hate me for this but:

Hayden - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura
Saad - Anisimov - Kahun
Kunitz - Krüger - Kämpf

You really need to separate Schmaltz and Kane. Schmaltz needs two shooters right now.

Reactions: djeck42

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This Schmaltz isn't getting 6 mil anyway. I'd rather have Duchene though. Even if we get old Schmaltz back. Course depends on contract length and value and etc but I really like Duchene and I think he can Kane would light it up.

That’s what I’m thinking too. Duchene has all the good qualities we like in Schmaltz while winning faceoffs and being willing to shoot.

Like you said, I think Duchene would be a roughly 70-75 point center with Kane.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think duchene will definitely continue to be better. Unless schmaltz moves to the wing. I think it's clear he doesnt work as well at center
I disagree. Schmaltz has all of the tools to be a successful centerman in the NHL except for FO%
He's responsible defensively, he backchecks, he can skate like the wind and he should be more suited for C than W. The lone exception is that he doesn't ever shoot the f***ing puck.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Still trying to get back there again for a match. Maybe next year as they are on the road when I am there is 3-4 weeks.
I went to the last game of the season this year. I saw Weidenfeller's last game and got his autograph. Game was in Hoffenheim though, I still want to go to a game in the Westfalenstadion.

Reactions: Race Bannon

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I wouldn’t put it past bowman to overpay. That’s his greatest weakness.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
People are going to hate me for this but:

Hayden - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura
Saad - Anisimov - Kahun
Kunitz - Krüger - Kämpf

You really need to separate Schmaltz and Kane. Schmaltz needs two shooters right now.
I’m at the point of saying put Anisimov at center for Kane. I’m sure he’d work better at this point cause at least he’ll go to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad