GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I really, really hate the Ward, Kunitz, and Manning signings. I feel they were designed to make us lose points, and that's exactly what they're doing, despite some of our core players (Toews, Kane, DeBrincat) deciding to try to play at the best of their abilities. Just really f***ing frustrating.

But on the bright side, Crow looked like Crow and Kahun continues to impress. Just need Forsling, Murphy, and Sikura back and we might have a legit good team.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think it's fair to say Kane needs DeBrincat on the wing. He's the only pure sniper on the team that isn't Kane. Problem is Cat and Captain have insane chemistry so separating them is not an option.

They could run DeBrincat-Toews-Kane as the top line and it would produce like 10 goals a game, but the depth would be so weak that we'd get outscored anyway.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It just looks awful to me... But rather this than Schmaltz with Kane until he starts shooting.

Schmaltz is putting the Hawks in a bit of a jam. His play style is disrupting Kane’s game.

Edzo highlighted that one play in the third period showing exactly that as Hino was able to easily break up the play because he knew Schmaltz would try to pass to Kane instead of using his speed to take the open ice.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I really, really hate the Ward, Kunitz, and Manning signings. I feel they were designed to make us lose points, and that's exactly what they're doing, despite some of our core players (Toews, Kane, DeBrincat) deciding to try to play at the best of their abilities. Just really ****ing frustrating.

But on the bright side, Crow looked like Crow and Kahun continues to impress. Just need Forsling, Murphy, and Sikura back and we might have a legit good team.
I think Ward has been serviceable.

Reactions: Krivo25

sedag

Once a season.
May 6, 2010
WRT Q vs. Stan:
Q is a good coach. His shelf life is expired here though. Q is a great Point B to C coach. He needs a talented, skilled roster to succeed at the highest level. What he isn't is a coach that can get the most out of a team that is not immensely talented. Q can coach circles around anyone in the league if he has the right pieces. I'd bet you after he leaves here, if he wants to coach again, he could go to Winnipeg or Tampa or some team like that and win a Cup. It is just over in Chicago. He's done here. The Hawks need a new voice in the dressing room.

Dave Bolland

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Schmaltz is putting the Hawks in a bit of a jam. His play style is disrupting Kane’s game.

Edzo highlighted that one play in the third period showing exactly that as Hino was able to easily break up the play because he knew Schmaltz would try to pass to Kane instead of using his speed to take the open ice.
Vinnie with that insider knowledge haha

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think it's fair to say Kane needs DeBrincat on the wing. He's the only pure sniper on the team that isn't Kane. Problem is Cat and Captain have insane chemistry so separating them is not an option.

They could run DeBrincat-Toews-Kane as the top line and it would produce like 10 goals a game, but the depth would be so weak that we'd get outscored anyway.

I think Schmaltz would look better running a second line without Kane on it because he’d actually put his skill and smarts to proper use.

Third and fourth lines wouldn’t change.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think Ward has been serviceable.
I think Ward has been a very "meh" goaltender. The type of guy a GM would sign in the offseason to not make it super obvious that they were trying to tank the season. Someone whose stats have been terrible, but the GM can go and say how this guy was a starter in this league and had a Conn Smythe to his name in an attempt to fool some into thinking he's actually good.

I think all three signings were meant to hurt us and so far they have. Ward less than the others maybe, but he still isn't a good backup. Just an okay one.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
All if this discussion about lines and Kane and etc all falls at the feet of Saad

If Saad was doing what’s he was brought back here for and paid handsomely for, it’s a moot point.

The fact that he is a fourth liner producing nothing is absolutely killing this team.

Saad isn’t forcing Schmaltz to only look for Kane though

Krivo25

Jan 8, 2016
brown paper bag in a septic tank
By far the worst game they’ve played all season

- Stan’s free agent signings are horrendous. Manning is an absolute disaster and Kunitz is worthless and cost them the game.

- Saad is completely useless. Has completely lost his game. Needs to be moved immediately.

- Schmaltz had a post. Big deal. His hockey awareness is horrid. Another season. Another case of the ‘won’t shoot’ disease. But hey, at least he’s got that great 33% face off to fall back on

- Kane has some nice passes in the first but played 2 periods of classic Kane indeffenrvr. But that line as constructed is garbage.

- Does Artem Anisomov still play for the Hawks?

- Hawks have 2 lines that won’t generate much scoring.

- The Hawks are badly missing a top 6 forward. Oh wait, they have one. He’s making $6.5m playing on the 4th line.
Move AA to play with kane and you'll notice him

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
All if this discussion about lines and Kane and etc all falls at the feet of Saad

If Saad was doing what’s he was brought back here for and paid handsomely for, it’s a moot point.

The fact that he is a fourth liner producing nothing is absolutely killing this team.
Even if Saad was 55 pt Saad, he'd be playing with 19 and 12.
I think the Hawks are 1 top 6 F short if Saad returns to form, and 2 if he doesn't. If the Hawks could get their hands on Duchene without giving up Boqvist or Joki, I'd do it. I'd even sign him, if they could get him for 7.5. If the Hawks could get Duchene, I'd move Schmaltz for a similar RH winger that would cost less.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Schmaltz would look better running a second line without Kane on it because he’d actually put his skill and smarts to proper use.

Third and fourth lines wouldn’t change.
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Kahun
Hayden-Anisimov-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think the Hawks are 1 top 6 F short if Saad returns to form, and 2 if he doesn't. If the Hawks could get their hands on Duchene without giving up Boqvist or Joki, I'd do it. I'd even sign him, if they could get him for 7.5. If the Hawks could get Duchene, I would have zero problems with a Schmaltz-Nylander swap, and that would make the team pretty good, tbh.

They won’t have money for Nylander, Duchene, and DeBrincat’s eventual extension ($6.5 - $8 million is my prediction)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think the Hawks are 1 top 6 F short if Saad returns to form, and 2 if he doesn't. If the Hawks could get their hands on Duchene without giving up Boqvist or Joki, I'd do it. I'd even sign him, if they could get him for 7.5. If the Hawks could get Duchene, I'd move Schmaltz for a similar RH winger that would cost less.
If we could get Nylander to sign for a reasonable deal, I'd ship out Schmaltz + Krys in a heartbeat. Nylander and Kane would be lethal in a way that Schmaltz couldn't dream of.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Am I the only one who thinks this "Schmaltz is single handidly ruining the 2nd line" thing is overblown? The guy passes up on 1-3 shooting opportunities a game its annoying but its not THAT big of a deal. Fortin was the guy on that line fumbling prime chances tonight, he's like a poor man's Stalberg at this point. IMO Schmaltz is a better winger in this league than he is a center. I would like to see 8-15-88.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad