GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Kahun
Hayden-Anisimov-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

I’d be fine going full Boston and letting the depth grow into their roles. Schmaltz is the key in that, and he won’t learn until he no longer has Kane, who has become his safety blanket.

Kahun looks like a player, plus I think Sikura would be good in the Fortin spot.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
cat-tows-kahun
sikura-Anisimov-kane
saad-schmaltz-hayden
johnson/Highmore-kruger-kampf

it does not have to be difficult, I am not sure why so many people fight what we all know works and that is AA and Kane. figure out who goes on the left side really is the puzzle piece but I think Sikura can be that guy.

Kunitz and Manning should never have been and Stan is to blame for that, Q is to blame for playing them when it is OBVIOUS that they are not NHL caliber players and I mean on any NHL team

Ruuta is also approaching the kunitz/manning levels.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Am I the only one who thinks this "Schmaltz is single handidly ruining the 2nd line" thing is overblown? The guy passes up on 1-3 shooting opportunities a game its annoying but its not THAT big of a deal. Fortin was the guy on that line fumbling prime chances tonight, he's like a poor man's Stalberg at this point. IMO Schmaltz is a better winger in this league than he is a center. I would like to see 8-15-88.

I don’t think he’s necessarily ruining it. I think it’s hurting his development and it’s throwing Kane off a bit though.

Reactions: migi

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks this "Schmaltz is single handidly ruining the 2nd line" thing is overblown? The guy passes up on 1-3 shooting opportunities a game its annoying but its not THAT big of a deal. Fortin was the guy on that line fumbling prime chances tonight, he's like a poor man's Stalberg at this point. IMO Schmaltz is a better winger in this league than he is a center. I would like to see 8-15-88.

I don't disagree with you about schmaltz being a better winger in this league than a center.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Saad is actually worrying me alot. It seemed everytime the puck touched his stick today the play ceased to exist and the coyotes magically ended up with the puck. Although it seemed like that alot with alot of hawks players since we could barely complete a pass save for kane toews and cat.

Reactions: Krivo25

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That’s fine, but you don’t actually think the Hawks fans were applauding him over Hendricks, do you?
Can we stop with the soccer siliness?

In that box was a guy who was a CY Young candidate and started game 7 of the World Ssries for the Cubs. The team that actually won the World Series in 2016 after a 7,754 century drought.

99% of the people in the UC were cheering for him. .99% were cheering for the cute girl in the booth One dude, who is the schnitzel vendor workings the 200 level, was cheering for soccer dude.

Like many, I assumed the other guy was also a pro athlete but maybe relief pitcher dude in the Orioles organization who Kyle played in the minors with

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I think it's a quite "HFBoards" thing that Schmaltz is better as winger than center. He played winger with Toews almost two years ago, last season, not so much if not at all. When he has played wing, he still has his flaws and strenghts.

Flaws: overpassing, deferring
Strenghts: back-checking, speed, when he has room to create he creates

My honest opinion is that his lack of shooting makes it easier to play against him and Kane even though he is with a world-class player like Kane.

Imo it's the third player in that line which has to be top-notch. Speedy, big player who goes to the net and shoots the puck. Where to get one, haha.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Btw, let Detroit get Hughes. Kaapo Kakko is pretty good 2nd and he might be playing center in future. He is already playing as center in Finland and has background of playing center. ;)
Drunken Pat Foley can says Quinn Hiughes.

Drunken Pat Foley can say Gord Downey and The Tragically Hip

Drunken Pat Foley absolutely cannot say Kaapo Kakko

Reactions: migi

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
For the record, I only follow the world cup every four years but knew who he was, as I root for Germany. I thought the spotlight was actually on him when they showed him. Kind of funny that Pat and Eddie obviously didn't know who he was.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think it's a quite "HFBoards" thing that Schmaltz is better as winger than center. He played winger with Toews almost two years ago, last season, not so much if not at all. When he has played wing, he still has his flaws and strenghts.

Flaws: overpassing, deferring
Strenghts: back-checking, speed, when he has room to create he creates

My honest opinion is that his lack of shooting makes it easier to play against him and Kane even though he is with a world-class player like Kane.

Imo it's the third player in that line which has to be top-notch. Speedy, big player who goes to the net and shoots the puck. Where to get one, haha.

Schmaltz needs to get out of his own way and stop trying to make himself into something that he is not and never will be that is an assist machine to Kane.

Schmaltz needs to realize that Kane does not need that type of Centerman cause Kane is the ultimate creator on any line he is on.

but alas leave it to Q to f*** up every night and put schmaltz in a position that exposes his weaknesses and suppresses his strengths.

its very very clear that Schmaltz entering kane does not work

djeck42

Jan 26, 2011
I agree with most that I would split up Schmaltz and Kane for a little bit. Schmaltz has one of the best players on the world on the ice with him so is always trying to find him, where maybe he will shoot more with lesser options. I would like to see Kahun with Kane as he isnt afraid to shoot the puck but the top line has looked good so far. Fortin just lacks the finish where I would like to see someone get a chance to score the A+ opportunities. I would also not be shocked to see Q put Kunitz on Kanes wing though.

Over the years and especially tonight its frustrating seeing when the Hawks have to dump and chase, they suck. The whole strategy of having everyone standing around at the blue line waiting for Kane to try and skate it in and be forced to dump it, the Hawks are all standing still and lose the footrace to the puck.

I was glad to see Crawford back, came up big quite a few times. I went into this season not expecting much, but still frustrating seeing the same issues game after game for the past couple seasons.

I do wonder if the other former Hawks that are Coyotes were bummed they didnt get tribute videos like Hammer

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
On a separate note, it’s fun to watch Grabner

Dude literally does the blue line cherry pick thing like a house league first year peewee.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I agree with most that I would split up Schmaltz and Kane for a little bit. Schmaltz has one of the best players on the world on the ice with him so is always trying to find him, where maybe he will shoot more with lesser options. I would like to see Kahun with Kane as he isnt afraid to shoot the puck but the top line has looked good so far. Fortin just lacks the finish where I would like to see someone get a chance to score the A+ opportunities. I would also not be shocked to see Q put Kunitz on Kanes wing though.

Over the years and especially tonight its frustrating seeing when the Hawks have to dump and chase, they suck. The whole strategy of having everyone standing around at the blue line waiting for Kane to try and skate it in and be forced to dump it, the Hawks are all standing still and lose the footrace to the puck.

I was glad to see Crawford back, came up big quite a few times. I went into this season not expecting much, but still frustrating seeing the same issues game after game for the past couple seasons.

I do wonder if the other former Hawks that are Coyotes were bummed they didnt get tribute videos like Hammer

They did one for Panik. It showed that beauty highlight reel goal against Malkin and then a bunch of footage of him skating into the penalty box and then him loading up a UHaul truck to move to join his 27th team since he got into the NHL

Reactions: Krivo25 and djeck42

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
5v5 ice time leaders tonight:

DeBrincat 18:42
Kane 16:44
Toews 16:09
Schmaltz 15:32

Gustafsson 21:36
Keith 19:48
Jokiharju 19:36
Seabrook 19:35

I double and triple checked, DeBrincat and Gustafsson were the even strength ice time leaders.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
5v5 ice time leaders tonight:

DeBrincat 18:42
Kane 16:44
Toews 16:09
Schmaltz 15:32

Gustafsson 21:36
Keith 19:48
Jokiharju 19:36
Seabrook 19:35

I double and triple checked, DeBrincat and Gustafsson were the even strength ice time leaders.

well to be fair it was Gus' best game in the NHL that I can recall and Cat is one of our best players so that should not be a great surprise

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I literally listened to NHL Radio today and Mike Johnson was quoting Dreger. So everyone is wrong I guess.

Hawks can afford 8 per. They have 6-7 earmarked for Schmaltz already and a shit ton of dead cap on the books in Saad, Murphy, Anisimov, Manning, Kunitz, Ward etc. Cap wouldnt be an issue.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You’re not considering the $6.5-$8 million extension coming the following year for DeBrincat.

They can do both. Saad pays for 6m of Cat raise. If you move Schmaltz in a deal for Nylander then the money you give to him this summer mostly goes to Willy. Then they have cap space on top of that, 6m+ coming off the books, 8m+ in moveable contracts (AA+Murphy). It can be done imo.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No way should Cat and Toews be split up. That combo is untouchable in the same way Toews/Hossa and Kane/Panarin were. Toews is playing his best hockey in 3 years and Cat is at a near gpg pace. Let Schmaltz and Saad figure their shit out another way.

DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun
Hayden-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf
Fortin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->