GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For years, the adage about the Blackhawks was that there were 20,000 hockey fans in Chicago, and they were all at Chicago Stadium each night.

I think the same could be said for the Fire and soccer in Chicago. They have butts in the seats, but I have honestly never heard anybody talk about them irl.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Would you guys do a deal around Schmaltz for Nylander? Schmaltz probably fits their budget given what they’re offering WN and Hawks can pay Nylander a bigger deal. Love Schmaltz when he’s on his game but his off games give me major headaches..
Nylander is looking for 8 per. We cannot afford that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
For years, the adage about the Blackhawks was that there were 20,000 hockey fans in Chicago, and they were all at Chicago Stadium each night.

I think the same could be said for the Fire and soccer in Chicago. They have butts in the seats, but I have honestly never heard anybody talk about them irl.

This board is only place I have ever seen Fire talked about

In person I don't recall anyone that were Fire fans

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Chicago Fire has over double the Instagram followers of the white Sox. I know you’re going to say social media interaction means nothing but whatever. Just think you’re underestimating the power of soccer in the US with there being so many people not from the United States that live here. This has blown way out of proportion though

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

This is essentially all the MLS. The fans who like the teams are hardcore.

The games are fun in the smaller stadiums built specifically for soccer. But it’s not like people are talking MLS around the water cooler.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kunitz -2, Manning -2, Anisimov -3. Why would that line ever be on the ice with Manning and Rutta, to begin with?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
By far the worst game they’ve played all season

- Stan’s free agent signings are horrendous. Manning is an absolute disaster and Kunitz is worthless and cost them the game.

- Saad is completely useless. Has completely lost his game. Needs to be moved immediately.

- Schmaltz had a post. Big deal. His hockey awareness is horrid. Another season. Another case of the ‘won’t shoot’ disease. But hey, at least he’s got that great 33% face off to fall back on

- Kane has some nice passes in the first but played 2 periods of classic Kane indeffenrvr. But that line as constructed is garbage.

- Does Artem Anisomov still play for the Hawks?

- Hawks have 2 lines that won’t generate much scoring.

- The Hawks are badly missing a top 6 forward. Oh wait, they have one. He’s making $6.5m playing on the 4th line.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Chicago Fire has over double the Instagram followers of the white Sox. I know you’re going to say social media interaction means nothing but whatever. Just think you’re underestimating the power of soccer in the US with there being so many people not from the United States that live here. This has blown way out of proportion though

Doubt many of those followers are from Chicago.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He has 8.5 million Instagram followers and is 68th on ESPN world most famous players list. I thought it was funny he was standing right there and they didn’t say anything. That’s it. Just figured maybe the broadcast guys would tell them. He plays in Chicago and is world famous. Made me laugh. Everyone in here made me laugh even more.

You are still on this? I was the only one on your side about it too yet you just won't let this die. You are definitely right, but what does it matter in the end, especially in Chicago where soccer isn't popular at all unless the World Cup is on?

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Even strength only

Shot attempts
73-55 Hawks
(Arizona blocked 27 shots)

Scoring chances
38-25 Hawks

High danger scoring chances
14-14

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You are still on this? I was the only one on your side about it too yet you just won't let this die. You are definitely right, but what does it matter in the end, especially in Chicago where soccer isn't popular at all unless the World Cup is on?
Not gonna let myself get clowned on for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland