Post-Game Talk: Game 58 - Pasta Hat Trick - BRUINS 4 Poutineville Smurfs 1 - FINAL

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Kovalchuk looked good last night. No one should be expecting Atlanta/NJ Kovalchuk when they watch him nowadays and if they are they are idiots.

He had a couple great passes through the neutral zone that caught Boston napping. Had another great misdirection play where he cut to the middle from the half boards and drew defenders then no look passed it to Tatar who should have been coming out of the corner where he had a lane to the net but instead just stood there and watched.

Definitely a guy who could help out the middle 6 as a secondary acquisition.

aguineapig

I believe it was the ancient Greek poet Homer (Simpson?) who penned the following stanza in his epic Iliad and Odyssey that this morning seems so apropos to our great rivals of the north. It went something like this as I seem to recall.
NA-NA, NA-NA, NA-NA NA-NA
HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE !
NA-NA, NA-NA, NA-NA NA-NA
HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE !

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Multi-point night for Bergeron! An UGLY assist on the power play, and an empty net goal (his second in the last 3 games). What did I tell you? On a night where Marchand and Pasta were making the pretty plays, leave it to Bergy to have his stats padded. He does a lot of good complementary stuff offensively, but Marchand and Pasta make many more direct contributions to goals (especially at even strength). Bergeron was never a PPG guy until he started playing with Marchand-Pasta, and is not in their league offensively.
Worst Post Ever.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
French is a beautiful language

Résumé: MTL 1, BOS 4

LNH : Canadiens 1 - Bruins 4 (Hockey)

La magie de Pastrnak

Mission impossible
Pour cette visite au Massachusetts, Claude Julien avait besoin d’allumer un ou deux lampions s’il voulait sortir de son ancienne ville d’adoption avec une victoire. Le CH devait ralentir l’un des meilleurs trios de la LNH sans les services de son défenseur numéro un, Shea Weber. C’était finalement une trop lourde commande pour Jeff Petry et Brett Kulak ainsi que le trio de Phillip Danault.

Thanks for sharing this. I translated it. It doesn't mince words, at all. Well written.

Reactions: rfournier103

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Multi-point night for Bergeron! An UGLY assist on the power play, and an empty net goal (his second in the last 3 games). What did I tell you? On a night where Marchand and Pasta were making the pretty plays, leave it to Bergy to have his stats padded. He does a lot of good complementary stuff offensively, but Marchand and Pasta make many more direct contributions to goals (especially at even strength). Bergeron was never a PPG guy until he started playing with Marchand-Pasta, and is not in their league offensively.

Instead of writing all that , you could have just said " I don't know anything about hockey".
Nope. Instead you went ahead and proved it. :/

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I like Kuleman but there has to be a better option in Providence on that right side of Krejci
Bruins at least try someone Senyshyn etc. before you trade draft picks and prospects

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kovalchuk looked good last night. No one should be expecting Atlanta/NJ Kovalchuk when they watch him nowadays and if they are they are idiots.

He had a couple great passes through the neutral zone that caught Boston napping. Had another great misdirection play where he cut to the middle from the half boards and drew defenders then no look passed it to Tatar who should have been coming out of the corner where he had a lane to the net but instead just stood there and watched.

I thought he played pretty good as well. Made some decent plays, kept his feet moving when the Bruins had the puck.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

He would look good with DeBrusk/Krejci or Bjork/Coyle.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

giphy.gif

Reactions: eightspokedb

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Oof..... Imagine coming to a hockey board after a win against a rival and making this post? Talk about trolling! :laugh:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Listening to Montreal radio and they are complaining about the refs. Saying Marchy "Speared" Petry. lOL Holy crap it was a love tap.....Get a grip!
Love it. All the tears.

Petry was the direct reason for 3 of the 4 Bruins goals last night. They should be talking about how putrid he was.

Reactions: MetM, TCB and lopey

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Moore played well I thought.
He catches so much flak here and I dont know why. Very solid bottom pairing guy who can move up and down the lineup and IMO, not look much out of place.

The guy is great at transitioning the puck. And he's by no means a liability in his own end.

There was one play last night where he made an unreal move in the slot that almost resulted in a goal. Really showed off his hands.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
French is a beautiful language

Résumé: MTL 1, BOS 4

LNH : Canadiens 1 - Bruins 4 (Hockey)

La magie de Pastrnak

Mission impossible
Pour cette visite au Massachusetts, Claude Julien avait besoin d’allumer un ou deux lampions s’il voulait sortir de son ancienne ville d’adoption avec une victoire. Le CH devait ralentir l’un des meilleurs trios de la LNH sans les services de son défenseur numéro un, Shea Weber. C’était finalement une trop lourde commande pour Jeff Petry et Brett Kulak ainsi que le trio de Phillip Danault.
Unfortunately, I haven’t had as much time to follow the Bruins as I would like this season, but I made time for this game and I was NOT disappointed! Anytime they can beat the Habs like that, it’s pretty hard to find fault with how they played.

Anyone here who saw my Facebook post about the game knows how happy I was.

As for the article above, I have to say this for our northern neighbors: they love the Canadiens, but when the Habs play like garbage, they certainly aren’t afraid to tell it like it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad