Post-Game Talk: Game 57 - 2 Games in Detroit = 0 Points - Red Wings 3 BRUINS 1

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Well they were going to lose sooner or later anyway. I just hope they recoup for the next one.

They'd won six in a row before this. I'd say as long as they rebound and net some more wins in the next few games, a loss here or there won't kill them. Right now they just have ot keep rounding into playoffs form.

Which....obviously they did not do today. So hows about we all just get drunk and forget this game happened, eh? :laugh:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Third set of back to backs in a row. Points in all but this one. Halak out so Tuuk starts both.

The perfect storm. Not worried about it.

Only thing I’m annoyed with are these stupid, IRRELEVANT, goal killing OFFSIDE CHALLENGES.

They spent a solid 10 minutes on it. On top of them waiting till the last possible second to officially challenge it. If you can’t tell within X amount of time, stick to the ruling on the ice and move ON.

Last edited:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
  • Detroit is the Bruin's White Whale; very frustrating to watch, but what matters is who gets in the playoffs by seasons end
  • Lauzon was missed and I think he turns into a legit member of this team
  • Off to the next one and F the Hab Scum

Last edited:

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Heinen received a lot of PP time earlier this year with the top unit, unlike Bjork who never gets a sniff. Bjork passes the eye test unlike Heinen, he can skate, dangle, and competes, and you can see that he is going to be a really good player. With Heinen I see a player with below average speed and skill, terrible finish and an inadequate compete level. His only asset is he has a good head for the game, just not the physical skills,

My take every game.

Reactions: sarge88

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
that 5 on 3 was the killer. hated every minute of that.

Offside goal wiped out pisses me off.Move your ####### feet.Glad Cassidy benched him though and showed no favortism.I respect that.But your right the 5 on 3 was a killer .Pastrnak down below the goal line to side was laughable.Best shooter in no spot to shoot is a putrid setup.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
preflight meal

upload_2020-2-9_17-25-9.png

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins can't beat the lowly Wings for some reason.

Oh well Home against the Habs on Wednesday.

Bernier played well at least I taped golf. Go Nick Taylor.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Challenge Initiated By: Detroit
Type of Challenge: Off-Side
Result: Original call is overturned - No goal Boston
Explanation:
Video review determined Brad Marchand re-entered the offensive zone prior to Patrice Bergeron's skate completely leaving the ice as he proceeded into the players' bench.
The clock is reset to show 7:38 (12:22 elapsed time), when the off-side infraction occurred.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Well that was sobering. Losing to a team that is at the bottom of the Atlantic on national television. Not exactly the best way to end a winning streak, but it happens. Given the way they have played this season, the Bruins should immediately bounce back after this reality check. That said, it would be nice for them to flip some of their prospects to get another top six caliber forward or a defenseman with some size at the deadline. Especially given the log jam that's in the team and prospects like Senyshyn and Steen not getting a crack into the line up so the so they can develop possibly into a top 6 rather than having to constantly trade for one. Don should look to package them up to a team looking to sell and rebuild for a nice piece that can help them win here and now.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Challenge Initiated By: Detroit
Type of Challenge: Off-Side
Result: Original call is overturned - No goal Boston
Explanation:
Video review determined Brad Marchand re-entered the offensive zone prior to Patrice Bergeron's skate completely leaving the ice as he proceeded into the players' bench.
The clock is reset to show 7:38 (12:22 elapsed time), when the off-side infraction occurred.
Wow...anything to screw the Bruins. Time is irrelevant, MF's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad