Faceoff Summary

Faceoff Comparison

TOI Bruins

Last edited:
Reactions: Embryo

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Haven't been on HF lately, so the negativity among some here surprises me.

Yes, losing to Detroit twice is a bit embarrassing.

Yes, the team could be better and might be the most frustrating first place team ever.

Yeah, Tampa is probably better and we should get some forward help.

But still, the Bruins are a team stocked with great players, they made game 7 of the SCF last season, they're literally first in the league now. Reading the GDT, some here think the sky is falling. Relax.

Also, Heinen is legitimately a top six player. It wouldn't hurt to have a sniper next to him though.
That’s the conclusion you came to after watching the game today? Yikes.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
The Wings basically got dummied all game but it doesn’t matter because we flubbed empty net shots 3 times, and squandered a long 5 on 3.

I dunno what’s up with Marchand but it seems like Pastrnak is the only guy who can really set up plays on the first line right now.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Marchand the third star? That has to be trolling on Detroit's part.

40 shots on goal, 1 goal to show for it. No bueno. Bs outplayed the Wings but simply lacked finish. The goals were there for the taking. Blowing that 5 on 3 early was not helpful.

McAvoy was awesome today. Best B on the ice. Seemed like he had boundless energy and was definitely compensating for other players at times.

Detroit is a very bad team, as in notably worse than the other bad teams in the NHL. Hope the Bs find a way to solve them on Saturday lol.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Twice now the Bruins have played Detroit who were on awful inept streaks of 1 win until the Bruins arrive and twice the Bruins obliged.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Can't quote the posts anymore but trying to reply to someone from the GDT.

Yes, the Bruins are an elite team. Yes, Heinen is a top six player. Sometimes, a good team loses to a bad one. Sometimes, good players have bad games. There's always room for improvement, but the complaining on this board does shock me a little. Well be fine. Obviously, the Bruins are unlikely to win the cup, but that's because every team is unlikely to win the cup.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I have seen us play a lot worse than today and win . I know it was the Deadwings but I’m not worried . We doubled them in shots , hit posts and shanked numerous chances . Shyt happens , no excuses .
Rather smoke the stinking Habs on Weds . The Bs will be rested and ready .

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Marchand 3rd star, seriously are the Wings trolling us, he was not good. Next game, put Heinen back on the bench and replace Wagner with Nordstrom. That missed empty net by Wagner was about as bad as it gets and he only has 4 goals in 54 games, poor stats even for a 4th liner.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
@DieSendungmitderMaus
Also, Heinen is legitimately a top six player. It wouldn't hurt to have a sniper next to him though.

I'm not able to quote your post directly from the last thread but I'm going to have to disagree at this point on this opinion. Heinen is nowhere close to being a legitimate top 6 option. Top 9? Sure. But he's showing that's all he is at this point. He still has some top 6 potential but I don't think it's coming here and I would look to move at the TDL for an upgrade.

Also, to reply to them (just saw your post up top) you can @ them with their name. They should appear like you did in this post.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad