Post-Game Talk: Game 57 - 2 Games in Detroit = 0 Points - Red Wings 3 BRUINS 1

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
He was good today.Had a few setups and was on puck quite a bit.Never noticed Bjork "AT ALL". The McAvoy post it was Heinen who did the work on walls and got him the puck.
I’m with you Heinen wasn’t bad and fits good on the third line
But Bjork he is just not involved enough
One on one battles he was losing the puck every time
Remember, the wings are terrible

Reactions: 22Brad Park

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Remember, the Bruins played less than 24 hours before this game; Bjork included. He's a rookie. He's not going to be great/good every game. He has his moments.

Reactions: MAINE-IAC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I would be ok dealing both Heinen and Bjork
as long as one winger (RW) comes back with term
and they get another more physical wing (Wood).
They have NHL value as 3rd line wingers
on a SC contender and won't cost big money.

Put additional pieces together and you should get
Palmieri and Wood or Kreider and Wood.

I don't think Bjork is having as big an impact
on his line as some people are claiming. Coyle
is driving that line far more with his puck possession
and zone entry ability.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Bjork and Khulman are both most effective when they bring the energy that puts them over the top. Neither have a settled NHL go to game yet IMO. Heinen has always seemed like he's cruising and has always had that baseline solid smart defensive game about him even when the offense isn't there.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

and zone entry ability.

Miles Wood is not a physical wing. He's tall though.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
He is always battling on the boards and around the net.I trust him to in playoffs over Bjork.Experience matters then
But he never wins the battles and is easy to push around. Bjork is my opinion has a more determined approach and makes some plays where he is noticed.

Heinen has had his time to prove himself and has not passed the test. Give Bjork the same amount of time in the NHL with equal playing time and see what is the end result.

Heinen could be part of any trade upgrade as far as I am concerned.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There has to be some spark, some sign of life to be on fire. Heinen is one of the least competitive players I have seen in a Bruins jersey. No fire, no emotion, no physical play what so ever. I just pray he is in some move at the deadline
You're not alone, not by a longshot.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Miles Wood is not a physical wing. He's tall though.
Is he more physical than Heinen?? In other Words has he ever thrown a hit? Ever been in a scrum? Ever showed emotion of any kind during a game? Does he go to the net?

Or is he quietly cerebral and just doesn't get scored on? Has Wood been healthy scratched this year?

Miles Wood may not be Milan Lucic but compared to Danton ******* Heinen he is Scott Stevens at forward and about to win the Messier leadership award.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
frustrating game for sure but hammering our boys who have, IMO, shocked this fan by being in the position they are this year really isn`t warranted. Not that I have loved all aspects of their game this year as they have sure left a ton of pts on the table but I thought they`d finish up in the 4/5 slot in the Conference, boys have, for the most part, played well this year and I don`t necessarily think they played a stinker yesterday but when I see two of least physical players (Heinen/Bjork) standing in front of the net and meanwhile guys like Wags/Kuraly/JDB playing outside of the posts in the offensive zone, that tells me the boys weren`t willing to pay a bit of a price yesterday, made Bernier`s day pretty easy

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Seth Jones is out indefinitely for the Columbus Blue Jackets after he was placed on injured reserve Monday with an ankle injury. If we want a tougher player then Moore for Josh Anderson or something around that.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Is he more physical than Heinen?? In other Words has he ever thrown a hit? Ever been in a scrum? Ever showed emotion of any kind during a game? Does he go to the net?

Or is he quietly cerebral and just doesn't get scored on? Has Wood been healthy scratched this year?

Miles Wood may not be Milan Lucic but compared to Danton ******* Heinen he is Scott Stevens at forward and about to win the Messier leadership award.

Was that the statement? Was it "Miles Wood is more physical than Danton Heinen?". No it wasn't. It's funny how you and others keep hyping up Miles Wood as some sort of banger when he isn't. The people who are dying for the Bruins to trade for Miles Wood the most are Devils fans.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Was that the statement? Was it "Miles Wood is more physical than Danton Heinen?". No it wasn't. It's funny how you and others keep hyping up Miles Wood as some sort of banger when he isn't. The people who are dying for the Bruins to trade for Miles Wood the most are Devils fans.
No, it wasn’t the statement but the comparison is fair considering wood would be replacing Heinen in the lineup. People keep bringing him up because he’s young, has size and speed and had a 19 goal season a couple of years ago. Maybe they figure a change of scenery will work. Heinen is in the same boat: young, smart player who is having a below average season for the second year in a row. Don’t think either team does a 1 for 1 trade but it completely makes sense. Just don’t think the bruins can wait around for Heinen to be the 50ish point player many of his supporters here think he will be.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
But he never wins the battles and is easy to push around. Bjork is my opinion has a more determined approach and makes some plays where he is noticed.

Heinen has had his time to prove himself and has not passed the test. Give Bjork the same amount of time in the NHL with equal playing time and see what is the end result.

Heinen could be part of any trade upgrade as far as I am concerned.

See come playoffs I guess when the hitting really ramps up.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Remember, the Bruins played less than 24 hours before this game; Bjork included. He's a rookie. He's not going to be great/good every game. He has his moments.

Danton is 24 and Andres 23.
Heinen shoots the puck more then Bjork.And stat wise has 102 pts in 214 games .
Bjork has 33 pts in 99 games .So this notion that Heinen is less is just not fair from from where I stand.They are both young so I think it be wise to not move either.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

and zone entry ability.

What's hilarious about this whole post is that you're "okay" with dealing Heinen and Bjork but suggest getting Miles Wood, who has a total of 5 NHL postseason games to his name -- 0 points. He's not even a 3rd line winger on an NHL bubble team (like you said that's what Heinen/Bjork are). But he's a 3rd line winger on a contender? :laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
What's hilarious about this whole post is that you're "okay" with dealing Heinen and Bjork but suggest getting Miles Wood, who has a total of 5 NHL postseason games to his name -- 0 points. He's not even a 3rd line winger on an NHL bubble team (like you said that's what Heinen/Bjork are). But he's a 3rd line winger on a contender? :laugh:
No comparing Heinen and Bjork to Miles Wood
Kid is no Brett Richie

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad