Post-Game Talk: Game 57 - 2 Games in Detroit = 0 Points - Red Wings 3 BRUINS 1

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bjork has 18 pts in 48 games .
Heinen 21 pts in 51 games.
Heinen is superior on defensive side of the game to him.Tell me again why Bjork is so great compared to him.Tired of the bad takes with this.Never even noticed Bjork today.

Heinen received a lot of PP time earlier this year with the top unit, unlike Bjork who never gets a sniff. Bjork passes the eye test unlike Heinen, he can skate, dangle, and competes, and you can see that he is going to be a really good player. With Heinen I see a player with below average speed and skill, terrible finish and an inadequate compete level. His only asset is he has a good head for the game, just not the physical skills,

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Maybe but right now this moment Heinen is better suited for long playofff run.

I disagree entirely, provided they are used right.

If I had it my way, they’d move them both out for better versions, but the cap won’t allow it.

Given that, Heinen and his lazy, lackluster play and 2 goals in over 30 playoff games can take a long hike into the woods.

I’ll take my chances that Bjorks speed and effort will result in something positive more games than not.

There’s a million guys who can do what Heinen “does”...not as many have Bjorks speed and skill....it just comes down to him being used in the right situations, given his lack of size and experience.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He is always battling on the boards and around the net.I trust him to in playoffs over Bjork.

I see Bjork battling on the boards and in front of the net as well and while he doesn't go out of his way for it, I've seen him throw the body a lot more than Heinen does (granted it doesn't take much).

Bjork also has that extra gear that Heinen lacks. Speed wise, when things get faster is a big reason I think Heinen struggles.

We will see though. At the end of the day, they're both 3rd liners right now.

Reactions: blazenlo

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I disagree entirely, provided they are used right.

If I had it my way, they’d move them both out for better versions, but the cap won’t allow it.

Given that, Heinen and his lazy, lackluster play and 2 goals in over 30 playoff games can take a long hike into the woods.

I’ll take my chances that Bjorks speed and effort will result in something positive more games than not.

There’s a million guys who can do what Heinen “does”...not as many have Bjorks speed and skill....it just comes down to him being used in the right situations, given his lack of size and experience.

Were gonna find out soon .He has 18 pts so people here need to take a better look.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I hate losing to Detroit just because it's ridiculous that the Bruins should be owned by a team as utterly bad as the Red Wings who they now haven't beaten since Oct 2018, but in the circumstances it's not surprising or that unreasonable.

Boston loses regularly to bad teams, have done from 18 months now, it's a thing that they do. They were there physically tonight, in terms of being willing to skate and dominate possession, but the focus just wasn't present or the willingness to push that extra 5%, get in the dirty areas, make the hard plays and finish your chances.

Same old issues always come to the surface in these games - veterans going very quiet and struggling to make an impact, lack of finish and scoring ability, Pasta crossing that fine line between maverick genius and drunken sailor, and the PP misfiring. Same problems that have been staring everyone in the face for months and never seem to be fixed. Don't want to be too negative - there's an awful lot to like about this team and they simply can't win them all, but being plagued by the same troubles is frustrating when it seems that not enough is done to address them. But there is still time, let's see how this roster looks in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins looked out of gas from the start of the 2nd period onward. If I'm NBC, I'm insisting that none of their Sunday afternoon match-ups feature a team who played the day before. The quality of today's game overall was awful.

I thought Bernier had studied the book on the Bruins well. By now, the whole league must know the Bruins as a group aren't strong shooters, so they can cheat and over-play the east-west play. It's going to be an issue come play-off time when you face the same team night after night.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Bruins looked out of gas from the start of the 2nd period onward. If I'm NBC, I'm insisting that none of their Sunday afternoon match-ups feature a team who played the day before. The quality of today's game overall was awful.

I thought Bernier had studied the book on the Bruins well. By now, the whole league must know the Bruins as a group aren't strong shooters, so they can cheat and over-play the east-west play. It's going to be an issue come play-off time when you face the same team night after night.

A shooter at the deadline will help, and overall just trying to get greasier goals.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ride Share in Detroit is expensive
85035857_10219949998233026_475634917561073664_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad