Which would you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Hehe. Well got the notification. Happy we got a point but you all know the story of OT and this team. Rantanen really pissed me off today.

Rantanen has been trash for quite a few games now. That whiff on the empty net in the 3rd is just mind numbingly awful. As for OT, what else can you really say about it? Even in this showing and the last game, when they get possession, they hardly do anything with it. Also Calvert-JTC against Bergeron-Marchand is great haha.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think Avs looked dangerous offencively at all, top especially Mikko and MacKinnon looked like coasters the entire game. Not going to win too many of those...

I mean, Erik Johnson did all he could to ensure this game ended within 10 seconds. He should never be out there, either.
Stupid play by EJ, sure, but then you have MacKinnon following back to help and your best defencive forward also joining them behind the net for God knows what. It wasn't "just" EJ.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I’m pretty sure that if the Avs had Erik Karlsson, Prime Jagr, Prime Lindros all on this team as UFAs and staring they had no intention of re-signing, Sakic would let them walk because he’s loyal to his players
Who has he let walk? I don't think he was GM when Stastny left.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm starting to just hope they drop every game from here on out till national media starts talking about it and Sakic is pressured to do something with Bednar.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pretty sure Bednar could get 0 wins the rest of the season and he would still be safe

Can you imagine what it is going to be like for Mikko negotiating his next contract.

Mikko's agent; "Hey Joe, we're looking for around 10 mi..."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mikko's agent redials; "Joe I think we got cut off, I was going to say 10.."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mikko's agent dials again; "I'm sorry but the user's voicemail is full"

1 Month later..

Mikko's agent dials Joe; "I'm sorry but the user's voicemail is full"

Reactions: AvsWraith

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Avs looked dangerous offencively at all, top especially Mikko and MacKinnon looked like coasters the entire game. Not going to win too many of those...

Stupid play by EJ, sure, but then you have MacKinnon following back to help and your best defencive forward also joining them behind the net for God knows what. It wasn't "just" EJ.
In that situation? Blame lies 100% on EJ. He not only turns it over, he does a HUGE loop around the goal instead of stopping to battle or at least retread to the front of the net.

God only knows what he was thinking on that play.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Nothing you can do. They played well but lost on a bad bounce. Losing streak and stuff.

Good thing coming out of this raodtrip is that Varly finally looks like a NHL goalie again. After 2 decent games he had a damn good one today. If he keeps that up we still have a shot - but it's a long shot.

Reactions: MacBradley and 5280

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's going to take a lot more than two games to get me to believe in him again but if Varly really is going to play like an NHL goalie again then I like the Avs chances going forward.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Quite blind? The Avs were terrified in this overtime. All they did was gain the zone, turn around and bide time.

If you couldn't see that they were just praying to get to a shootout, you are the one that's blind.

Praying for the shootout and playing terrified? :popcorn:

Please watch it again if you can. In these last two ot's they haven't forced the plays and have kept the puck possession. They don't know how to make pick plays but they have been miles better than they were in other overtimes. "All they did was gain the zone, turn around and bide time." if this is what you saw in those Avs ot plays i can't help you buddy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Between Kroenke, for which the Avs presumably rate 4th at best on the priority list of teams he owns (which is alarmingly long), Quoteless Joe, & Bedsy this teams’ leadership has passivity in spades.
That's what happens when you get 0 media attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00