GDT: Game 55: Snow @ Bears | 1 PM MT | February 10, 2019

Which would you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Can someone explain to me why Calvert was out there in OT? Not just for one shift but two? Just a bonehead play to turn you skate and try to kick that shot from the point. Couldn't have redirected that any better if he tried.

At least the coaching staff made the right decision to see Varly was starting to get his game back, and went back to him so he can hopefully get hot. They should go back to Grubauer next game though. Varly's played three OT games in four days. They shouldn't risk blowing out his groin again by overplaying him two days later against Toronto.

What a nerve racking finish to regulation. They got a point thanks to some big plays by EJ defensively, especially on that PK in the final minute, and some big saves throughout the game.

Finally they put together a game where they only have 1-2 careless mistakes, and some good goaltending, and they almost sneak out a win in a hard fought game. Keep playing like that and they're gonna start putting up wins on a regular basis again.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nemeth played 20 minutes while Graves only played 11. Easier to be mistake free when you only play 11 minutes.

I know you used that in a completely different context, but to me that difference in ice time just makes me hate Bednar even more.

Nemeth is a f***in moron regardless of how much or little he plays. Thus far Graves has been equally good at different levels of ice time as well, but we don't know if he'd continue to thrive with even more or fail. Graves got a couple of shifts with Barrie against Boston, and put up the exact same type of shift. He was equally good with both Z and Barrie IMO.

Again we know Nemeth is a pile of poop, and that isn't going to change.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Barrie didn't get a shift in OT but I guess Girard took his role by taking a pointless shot, giving away possession.

You might be thinking of another game. Girard holding onto the puck and evading the Bruins players, was the only reason they were able to maintain possession so long, instead of giving the puck away like they usually do. He never took a shot in OT or gave the puck away.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Remember one of the few times in the last two seasons this team won in OT, Bednar started Big Z against McDavid? And JTC got the GWG? Seems like a lifetime ago...

Yeah I was actually happy to see that he kept MacK and Mikko apart. Holy shit the both of them together are a tire fire in OT. Landeskog and Mikko were good in the All-Star too. I think it made sense to let Landy baby sit MacK, and Soda with Mikko lol.

I don't know what you do about Barrie, but my first thought is just not to play that mofo in OT lol. I don't think you ever want two of MacK, Mikko, and Barrie out there together at the same time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've actually suspected him to play injured ever since that Tampa game where the team started The Collapse. Varly is on a contract year and knows that he has a long injury history following him. He'd have big reasons to hide injuries.

You might be right. Usually when he's not playing well, he's battling through an injury.

To your point, I think the team was hiding his groin injury in December too when he missed those two games with an "illness."

Then he came back for two games, then missed three officially with his groin injury. I think they were hoping he would only miss those two and then come back ok, without anyone being the wiser.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Remember one of the few times in the last two seasons this team won in OT, Bednar started Big Z against McDavid? And JTC got the GWG? Seems like a lifetime ago...
That play Z made on Connor is still one of my favourite moments of last season. Connor had three steps on poor Z yet Z and his long reach angled Connor out of a chance and I think Z even finished his check on that play.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That play Z made on Connor is still one of my favourite moments of last season. Connor had three steps on poor Z yet Z and his long reach angled Connor out of a chance and I think Z even finished his check on that play.

Was that last season or just last October? I can't remember lol

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Was that last season or just last October? I can't remember lol

Last season. The ONLY time the Avs have won in OT this year was the literally-last-second Mikko one-timer on the power play where they then proceeded to clear the rink like someone just threw a dead skunk onto the ice.

So as someone pointed out on Twitter, the Avs have yet to win a game 3-on-3 this season.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Last season. The ONLY time the Avs have won in OT this year was the literally-last-second Mikko one-timer on the power play where they then proceeded to clear the rink like someone just threw a dead skunk onto the ice.

So as someone pointed out on Twitter, the Avs have yet to win a game 3-on-3 this season.

I couldn't remember if the play hes talking about was specifically in OT or not, but that makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad