GDT: Game 55: Snow @ Bears | 1 PM MT | February 10, 2019

Which would you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Krug got away with interference there at the end leading up to that goal.

End of the day the Avs can't really complain about the refs not calling stuff, because the Avs are probably the worst in the league at stick fouls.

These guys are lucky I'm not the ref out there, because I could call the Avs for stuff nonstop.

Reactions: klozge

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They played not to lose that OT, and it ended up not even mattering. Varly kept them in it with some key saves, but nothing he could do off that deflection.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm not satisfied with these last three games. We need an identity: are we tanking or not?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One positive from today's game: I really liked A.J. Greer. He can actually do something with the puck, and he's a smart kid.

Please keep him here for the rest of the season, and slowly increase his role on the team.

Oh yeah, and please also slowly (or quickly idgaf) decrease Alex Kerfoot's role on this team.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
One positive from today's game: I really liked A.J. Greer. He can actually do something with the puck, and he's a smart kid.

Please keep him here for the rest of the season, and slowly increase his role on the team.

Oh yeah, and please also slowly (or quickly idgaf) decrease Alex Kerfoot's role on this team.
Yep I also like dhis game today with the puck. One play he had which I didnt like was when he was coming around the net and had a wide open Girard on the point but decided to turn and shoot it into a Bruin. I rather he give it to G there but thats a minor thing. He seemed to be getting a regular shift. Any idea what happened to Wilson today?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Soooooo with 2:26 left in the 3rd with the scored tied 1-1 : if Sheldon Dries comes any where close to the ice - let alone actually getting on and taking a moronic penalty - to me that screams "I don't know what I'm doing".

But sure - it's not coaching...he's doing a great job. :squint:

That was the Avs best overall game in a long time and MacKinnon's best game since the Calgary outburst.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Soooooo with 2:26 left in the 3rd with the scored tied 1-1 : if Sheldon Dries comes any where close to the ice - let alone actually getting on and taking a moronic penalty - to me that screams "I don't know what I'm doing".

That was the Avs best overall game in a long time and MacKinnon's best game since the Calgary outburst.
Yes I agree with all of this. I think they played a strong game today from the goaltender out with the exception of Kerfoot, Ghetto and Dries. But what do you expect. Nemeth also had his bad moments and so Rants, but overall they were solid. Halak played great and they were unlucky in my view.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
and they were unlucky in my view.

Missing an empty net by a mile and taking a penalty with nearly 2 mins left (Why was Dries even out there?) and then skating rounds because you shit the bed in fear of another OT loss.... I wouldn't call that just unlucky...

They played solid, right. And even Varly found his grove the last 2 games. But bottom line is we arw 4 points out of the playoffs....

Imagine if we just could've won some of these OTs....:whatever:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah I damn near punched my computer screen when I saw that penalty being taken, and was even more furious after the fact realizing Jared Bednar actually sent Sheldon Dries out with less than 3 minutes to play in a tie hockey game.

You've got 12 forwards to choose from and have to pick 3 of them. Sheldon Dries would have been my last choice.

Reactions: Bender

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Barrie didn't get a shift in OT but I guess Girard took his role by taking a pointless shot, giving away possession.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The positive news is that the team is back. By team I mean Varlamov and the top line (except Rantanen seems off). May be too little too late.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The positive news is that the team is back. By team I mean Varlamov and the top line (except Rantanen seems off). May be too little too late.
Landeskog was brutal on this road trip. He couldnt make a play with the puck at all. Did not like him in the last few games. Rantanen looks like a frustrated hockey player right now. He needs to keep his game simple and make quick passes and move his damn feet. Enough with the puck protection shit. Yes, do it when you can but dont resort to it every single rush.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Landeskog was brutal on this road trip. He couldnt make a play with the puck at all. Did not like him in the last few games. Rantanen looks like a frustrated hockey player right now.

And if both of them didn´t miss an "empty net" in the last 2 games, we would maybe head home with 5 points instead of 3. Blame on Barrie for that OT loss in Brooklyn. But if Landy and Rants bury that empty netter, we probably woulnd´t be talking about our OT-Nightmare.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
giphy.gif

Can't wait for the goalies to start playing better when the playoffs go out of reach just to tank the value of our pick.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
giphy.gif

Can't wait for the goalies to start playing better when the playoffs go out of reach just to tank the value of our pick.

I'll gladly miss the play offs by one point if this team starts playing better from now on and really fights for the last play off spot. We have too many mental midgets in this team and they have to learn how to overcome adversities if Avs want to compete for the Cup when the windows is open for them.

Reactions: klozge

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'll gladly miss the play offs by one point if this team starts playing better from now on and really fights for the last play off spot. We have too many mental midgets in this team and they have to learn how to overcome adversities if Avs want to compete for the Cup when the windows is open for them.
The team is fighting, they are playing good most nights, it's been the two guys in net who are screweing everybody else with their performances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->