GDT: Game 55: Snow @ Bears | 1 PM MT | February 10, 2019

Which would you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Props to whoever watched yesterday's game AND today's. I swore off seeing the rest of this team for the sake of my blood pressure this season minus the occasional period or if they actually go on a winning streak lol. But this is approaching shades of 2016-17.

Reactions: missionAvs

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have decided Varly’s one of those goalies that does better when he’s “the man” instead of in a tandem situation. Plus he was injured. Grubauer can suck a dick imo.

Unfortunately if this held any water, Varly wouldn't of been afraid for his job after like two of Grubs starts.

Reactions: dahrougem2

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I have decided Varly’s one of those goalies that does better when he’s “the man” instead of in a tandem situation. Plus he was injured. Grubauer can suck a dick imo.

Consistency is the thing with Varly. Sometimes he looks like a world beater, other times not so much. He was good yesterday and great today. Gave his team a chance to win but for whatever reason, the team said f*** it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think Avs are probably gonna win just 2 more games the rest of the season. This is another historically bad season, but this time its historically bad half of the season

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Varly's job was never in danger. He was handed the starter position on game #1 and never lost it.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Unfortunately if this held any water, Varly wouldn't of been afraid for his job after like two of Grubs starts.
I dunno, just trying to make sense of the situation. I love Varly, he’s just injured too much. Which I figure is why Sakic went out and got Grubauer. Too bad Grubauer ended up blowing goats.

Glad to see Vary back to being a credible goalie, though.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
More like #BED**** am I right.
He’s making it even worse than May does with GB and the brexit. Even kill is great when youre in a flow and need to temper expectations and be “realistic”. Even kill when being in a slump feels like being clueless, incapable and therefore regression

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Completely disagree about yesterday but I agree about today's game. Hopefully they don't lose that confidence now that they're finally getting some competent goaltending. I know I'm in the minority but I think they win more often that not if Varly plays like this.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He’s making it even worse than May does with GB and the brexit. Even kill is great when youre in a flow and need to temper expectations and be “realistic”. Even kill when being in a slump feels like being clueless, incapable and therefore regression
Keel... Keel.

Reactions: missionAvs

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Consistency is the thing with Varly. Sometimes he looks like a world beater, other times not so much. He was good yesterday and great today. Gave his team a chance to win but for whatever reason, the team said **** it.

He’s just injured a lot, or recovering from an injury. When he’s healthy he’s consistent enough to be a credible starting goaltender. I always had a question of whether or not he shows up in the big game or not, but he’s always been a credible goalie when healthy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He’s just injured a lot, or recovering from an injury. When he’s healthy he’s consistent enough to be a credible starting goaltender. I always had a question of whether or not he shows up in the big game or not, but he’s always been a credible goalie when healthy.

I've actually suspected him to play injured ever since that Tampa game where the team started The Collapse. Varly is on a contract year and knows that he has a long injury history following him. He'd have big reasons to hide injuries.

Reactions: 5280

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Big surprise—the dummies lose again. Not sure what it’s gonna take before these stumble bums actually win a game, but I’m not holding my breath that it’ll happen any time soon. Every guy in that dressing room should be ashamed of themselves for this epic collapse. The Avs are truly NHL laughingstocks at this point.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I've actually suspected him to play injured ever since that Tampa game where the team started The Collapse. Varly is on a contract year and knows that he has a long injury history following him. He'd have big reasons to hide injuries.
It'd be a pretty stupid move to take his recent performance over just admitting he was injured.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Big surprise—the dummies lose again. Not sure what it’s gonna take before these stumble bums actually win a game, but I’m not holding my breath that it’ll happen any time soon. Every guy in that dressing room should be ashamed of themselves for this epic collapse. The Avs are truly NHL laughingstocks at this point.
Yes, A-SHAMED!!! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
Just wondering if sakic is going to address the team. Ducks have done something, and if this team is not planning to tank and tank i.e “ this team has a fight and pride” they should address losing mentality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->