GDT: Game 55 Avs host Kings @7pm MT. Hump Day Meme-o-Rama

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Good win. One more to take care of tomorrow.

I also think it’s the right decision to start JJ tomorrow and I’ll say that regardless of what happens. Last thing you want is Grubauer suffering a dumb injury because you played him on the second night of a back to back in the last game before the playoffs. He shouldn’t even dress for that game.
Pulling Gru after the 2nd period tonight was the right thing to do.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There's SO MUCH on the line...from 1st round opponent to home ice against Vegas if we meet in round 2.

Dude, it's not the time to f*** around. JJ may have won games but at no time he looked like he knew what he was doing. He loses track of the puck, he's slow to react...

All it takes is a bit of bad luck offensively and a few bad goals against you and you lose the game.
It's f***ing LA. We just spanked them. Yes, they will probably come in harder tomorrow just mess with us, but if we can't outscore them its on the team. Who cares who we have in goal, just outscore them.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's f***ing LA. We just spanked them. Yes, they will probably come in harder tomorrow just mess with us, but if we can't outscore them its on the team. Who cares who we have in goal, just outscore them.
Remember when we beat the Sharks in the first 3 games and then lost 8-3 in the 4th game? That wasn't long ago so I'm sure you remember.

Right now we just won the first 3 games against LA.

Reactions: Avs44

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
In a worst case scenario we can still play J.J and when he gives up a few bad goals we can insert back Grubie. We might still have a chance because we can score 5 goals a game.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Remember when we beat the Sharks in the first 3 games and then lost 8-3 in the 4th game? That wasn't long ago so I'm sure you remember.

Right now we just won the first 3 games against LA.
I'm not going to debate this anymore after this BUT, if we lose tomorrow against an LA Kings team that shouldn't give a f*** with JJ in our net, we have big problems. Not talking about goaltending here. If we lose tomorrow, we didn't deserve it. Simple as that.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So it came down to letting Gru there and playing JJ tomorrow just to let him have his SO..

Yeah, I'm not happy with that. We better not lose tomorrow because JJ sucked.

Reactions: wayninja

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's OK.....

JJ will allow 4 goals in the 1st period tomorrow, then Bednar will put Grubauer in the 2nd period, Avs will come back and win the game 5-4 in the shootout because it's the Avs and they love finishing the season dramatically

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Everyone on the Kings were played like they didn't want to get injured before their vacations anyways, should be an easy W tomm

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Everyone on the Kings were played like they didn't want to get injured before their vacations anyways, should be an easy W tomm

This is right up there with:

"Meh, the weather report isn't always right, we're climbing the north face."

or

"Lol, nothing is too spicy for my iron stomach"

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Lol that's so true. I don't know if that's what she's being directed to do or if she's just lazy. But with those interviews in front of the fans they are just trying to get them to say something nice for the fans so you can't get too detailed.

She could read the weather etc etc etc.

Besides, she asked a pretty decent question to Bednar about running Newhook with the top line so, almost always but not always the same.

How's the weather in Ball arena?

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I'm actually pretty saddened about the pessimism here, where is the winning mentality? At least the team seems to have it so that's good.

It has nothing to do with pessimism, and everything to do with risk management/strategy.

I'm hopeful we still win. If we don't, there's going to be some bad mojo going into the playoffs. Why f*** around with that?

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
If the Avalanche play like tonight it doesn't matter who's in net.

The Kings are 2 days away from being on the beach somewhere.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It has nothing to do with pessimism, and everything to do with risk management/strategy.

I'm hopeful we still win. If we don't, there's going to be some bad mojo going into the playoffs. Why f*** around with that?
Isn't it risk management to rest Grubauer in a game that we should be able to win with our 3rd string goalie?

If we lose, I'm not going to blame it on the goalie, we have not scored enough then.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm actually pretty saddened about the pessimism here, where is the winning mentality? At least the team seems to have it so that's good.

Has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism.

We know that any team can beat any team on any given night and being the better team today doesn't mean that you'll win tomorrow (which is why back-to-backs historically are heavily in favor of each team winning one game).

Even with Gru and Mack we could lose, but it's better to put the odds in your favor.

Reactions: wayninja

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I disagree. She often asks the bests questions. Granted she is competing against Chambers of all people, but she is good at her job. The fact that she is fine can be a boost, but in this case can cheapen the good work she has done, and give people an excuse to dismiss her.

100%

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism.

We know that any team can beat any team on any given night and being the better team today doesn't mean that you'll win tomorrow (which is why back-to-backs historically are heavily in favor of each team winning one game).

Even with Gru and Mack we could lose, but it's better to put the odds in your favor.
I'm just going to disagree hard and by tomorrow be here eating crow because we lost to them.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Isn't it risk management to rest Grubauer in a game that we should be able to win with our 3rd string goalie?

If we lose, I'm not going to blame it on the goalie, we have not scored enough then.

I've said this in previous posts, and I'll reiterate it. It depends. It depends on how much you value that #1 seed.

If that is valuable, then no, it's not risk management to rest your best goalie when the upside is do or die. It's only a mitigation if that position isn't that important to you. To which I can only conclude that it's not that important to Bednar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad