GDT: Game 55 Avs host Kings @7pm MT. Hump Day Meme-o-Rama

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
Bednar just announced JJ starting tomorrow

Not sure I agree, but I respect the decision. Shows faith in his backups, puts the pressure on his MacKinnon-less team to win, and gives Grubi the obvious rest. Personally I’d go for the Pres. Trophy. But Bednar does what he thinks is right. Bednar is an outstanding coach.

Reactions: Vk1ing

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

gibbphy.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
JJ should have started today. Always works better when the back up starts the 1st game of the back to back

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
People really freaking out here over starting JJ tomorrow :laugh:

Are you f***ing kidding me? If we can't win tomorrow against an LA team just wants to go home and be done with it, then it's on us.

Besides, JJ has been decent. Not great, decent. It should be enough against the Kings, no offense to them.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Let's be honest here, we are capable of winning with JJ on. And if we can't pull it off, we don't deserve it. End of story.

Score 6 like we did today.

Agreed, especially seeing that the Kings likely start their backup as well.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Let's be honest here, we are capable of winning with JJ on. And if we can't pull it off, we don't deserve it. End of story.

Score 6 like we did today.

There's a certain logic to this. On the other hand, isn't it the coach's job to see the strategic big picture and give the team the best chance at that outcome?

The only way this makes sense is if you don't want the top seed for some reason.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People really freaking out here over starting JJ tomorrow :laugh:

Are you f***ing kidding me? If we can't win tomorrow against an LA team just wants to go home and be done with it, then it's on us.

Besides, JJ has been decent. Not great, decent. It should be enough against the Kings, no offense to them.

There's SO MUCH on the line...from 1st round opponent to home ice against Vegas if we meet in round 2.

Dude, it's not the time to f*** around. JJ may have won games but at no time he looked like he knew what he was doing. He loses track of the puck, he's slow to react...

All it takes is a bit of bad luck offensively and a few bad goals against you and you lose the game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good win. One more to take care of tomorrow.

I also think it’s the right decision to start JJ tomorrow and I’ll say that regardless of what happens. Last thing you want is Grubauer suffering a dumb injury because you played him on the second night of a back to back in the last game before the playoffs. He shouldn’t even dress for that game.

Reactions: drhiii

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
There's SO MUCH on the line...from 1st round opponent to home ice against Vegas if we meet in round 2.

Dude, it's not the time to f*** around. JJ may have won games but at no time he looked like he knew what he was doing. He loses track of the puck, he's slow to react...

All it takes is a bit of bad luck offensively and a few bad goals against you and you lose the game.

It's impossible not to read this news as much different than "JJ is starting game 7"

Reactions: Balthazar

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

The last thing we need is Grubauer getting Ian Cole'd out of the Playoffs in the final game of the year.

Reactions: LOFIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad