Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, not sure if the Oilers were the better team overall. I thought Kings lost that more than Oilers won that. Not because Edmonton sucks or anything, but because you simply cannot have that many turnovers and especially from star players and think you're going to survive. Oilers are good enough to capitalise, and even an AHL would have beat the Kings today when you have the likes of Doughty dishing it straight to an Oilers stick for their first goal. That is a prime bloke for the squad, and he gives them a freebie. I also didn't like the refs tonight, just kept feeding EDM 5v3s all the time. There's no way after that Englund hit that the Kings should've gotten two pens. Rubbish stuff, get a new set of these zebras.

That was as lopsided a playoff game as I’ve seen in the last ten years man.

Attachments

• IMG_5963.jpeg
    IMG_5963.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5962.png
    IMG_5962.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 2

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Yeah, not sure if the Oilers were the better team overall. I thought Kings lost that more than Oilers won that. Not because Edmonton sucks or anything, but because you simply cannot have that many turnovers and especially from star players and think you're going to survive. Oilers are good enough to capitalise, and even an AHL would have beat the Kings today when you have the likes of Doughty dishing it straight to an Oilers stick for their first goal. That is a prime bloke for the squad, and he gives them a freebie. I also didn't like the refs tonight, just kept feeding EDM 5v3s all the time. There's no way after that Englund hit that the Kings should've gotten two pens. Rubbish stuff, get a new set of these zebras.
you didn't like the reffing despite the Kings have a 3-2 advantage in PPs going into the 3rd and it was 4-1 Oilers? Kings have been dirt bags all series long and it finally caught up to them

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings lost that without the refs

however the refs were atrocious for everyone and Rooney refs with his ego, that pair should not see another playoff game

I don't see why both things can't be true. We are DEFINITELY not blaming the refs for our own shotgun in our face

Reactions: PuckG and GOilers88

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

however the refs were atrocious for everyone and Rooney refs with his ego, that pair should not see another playoff game

I don't see why both things can't be true. We are DEFINITELY not blaming the refs for our own shotgun in our face
Considering kings were more interested in Injuring than playing hockey, it’s hilarious how you think refs were atrocious

Despote

Mar 21, 2023

Kings had an advantage in PPs until like midway through the 3rd in a game that was already almost certainly decided.

The 3rd period reffing really made no difference on the outcome of the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was as lopsided a playoff game as I’ve seen in the last ten years man.
Yeah, because of all the turnovers by the Kings. Of course, the Oilers would be the better team and deserve to win 99%. I agree with those stats blud, but we are all on the same page. The problem you ain't getting in the Arctic Circle up there is that to win the playoffs, you must limit your mistakes or other teams will exacerbate on those mistakes for goals. The Oilers didn't even need to show up because of how many the Kings had in the first two periods of the match tonight. That's why Kings lost it more than Oilers won it.
you didn't like the reffing despite the Kings have a 3-2 advantage in PPs going into the 3rd and it was 4-1 Oilers? Kings have been dirt bags all series long and it finally caught up to them
Bruv, your team has Evander Kane fam, look what he did to Kolesar last year, disrespectful gut punches. Who on the Kings are dirtbags? Their leader is the respectable Anze Kopitar, Ted Lindsey finalist like very single year. There were some borderline hits, but those were accidents. I've watched Byfield a lot, he ain't dishing those out like he's Tommy Wilson blud.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Rooney lit the fuse. If he just does a couple of 5 for fighting and then tag Englund for another 2. It all calms down.

When Kopitar drops like 8 F bombs in the box you know Rooney has really screwed it up.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Considering kings were more interested in Injuring than playing hockey, it’s hilarious how you think refs were atrocious

I thought they were atrocious, and I don't think they favored Edmonton tonight either. They missed a bunch of easy calls in the 2nd period that would have calmed things down, and instead things kept slowly escalating until they boiled over in the 3rd. Just a poorly officiated and managed game by them all around.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The reffing was absurd but inconsequential as the oilers had this wrapped up after 40

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Bruv, your team has Evander Kane fam, look what he did to Kolesar last year, disrespectful gut punches. Who on the Kings are dirtbags? Their leader is the respectable Anze Kopitar, Ted Lindsey finalist like very single year. There were some borderline hits, but those were accidents. I've watched Byfield a lot, he ain't dishing those out like he's Tommy Wilson blud.
Kopitar is a Ted Lindsay finalist year? no way this post is legit lol

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yeah, because of all the turnovers by the Kings. Of course, the Oilers would be the better team and deserve to win 99%. I agree with those stats blud, but we are all on the same page. The problem you ain't getting in the Arctic Circle up there is that to win the playoffs, you must limit your mistakes or other teams will exacerbate on those mistakes for goals. The Oilers didn't even need to show up because of how many the Kings had in the first two periods of the match tonight. That's why Kings lost it more than Oilers won it.

I think you mean the Lady Byng award.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
That whole sequence was a mess and I'd be surprised if we get any clarity on it. They didn't announce any of the penalties, the NHL website didn't post any of the penalties until well afterwards. The broadcasts didn't really show any replays so we could tell what Kopitar did or didn't do. Unsportsmanlike is pretty vague and could be many things as well.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Hockey is a contact sport, not every hit is an attempt to injure. Oiler players don't seem to mind playing hard why are their fans so soft?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Edmonton has controlled like 90 percent of play . The difference is the kings capitalize on every amd any opportunity
Bounces are going the kings way. Skinner is playing brutal, the lowest scoring offense team in the playoffs had put up 9b in 2 games. That's frightening to say the least.

If Edmonton can't get average tending at best the will be lucky to get out of the first round

But u wouldn't think the kings will continue to benefit from bounces in a 7 game series
Game 2 was mostly luck and bounces for the Kings. A bit of trash D by the Oilers.

You think Byfield or Kempe are going to continue batting pucks out of mid air for perfect shots and perfect passes. Nah.

Maybe Bouch will make more egregious turnovers to leave Skinner out to dry. But tonight, not one Oilers D-men did.

It’ll be tough sledding the Kings if the Oilers/Hockey Gods don’t give them gifts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macheteops

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta

When that game got really out of control, those refs looked like little kids trying to figuring out how to disarm a timed atomic bomb. It was utter and complete chaos out there. Not a good look for the NHL.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Hockey is a contact sport, not every hit is an attempt to injure. Oiler players don't seem to mind playing hard why are their fans so soft?
Going for the knees, slewfoots, and illegal checks to the head will generally get a rise out of people. This isn't groundbreaking stuff.

Oilers players have made dirty plays as well. Fans of the receiving teams are well within their rights to be upset.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think we've seen the last of Cam Petersen. At least if there's any sense in the Kings offichahahahaha i can't finish

For next game

You HAVE to go to Rittich

You HAVE to split up Arvidsson and Moore somehow

I'd run Moore-Danault-Fiala and ARvidsson with PLD

Then again they also should have Turcotte, Thomas, and Clarke around instead of some of the other deadweight but that's the usual

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, not sure if the Oilers were the better team overall. I thought Kings lost that more than Oilers won that. Not because Edmonton sucks or anything, but because you simply cannot have that many turnovers and especially from star players and think you're going to survive. Oilers are good enough to capitalise, and even an AHL team would have beat the Kings today when you have the likes of Doughty dishing it straight to an Oilers stick for their first goal. That is a prime bloke for the squad, and he gives them a freebie. I also didn't like the refs tonight, just kept feeding EDM 5v3s all the time. There's no way after that Englund hit that the Kings should've gotten two pens. Rubbish stuff, get a new set of these zebras.

Never change

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I know you're either trying to troll me into anger or your reading comprehension is worse than the Kings powerplay but

It ain't gonna work my man

Getting cleaned out 3 years in a row by the same team is the best way to get this front office handled

So I'm happier than you can imagine at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad