GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure the Canes have had some of the best possession metrics in the league for the year but simply weren't scoring. Could be a little bit of us being terrible and also them being better than their record indicates.
They've been an elite possession team for YEARS.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Bogo tries to carry out of the zone and THREE Canes basically triangulate on him on the strong side.

They know how to isolate the puck handler, close down passing lanes and are confident in their defensemen behind them.

Apparently Bogo had no outlets to pass to....

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm beginning to see why Skinner's never been to the playoffs.
Dude goes through quite a few stretches throughout the year where he's straight up bad. I dont mean for a game or two; I'm talking 5 or so games. God, I hope we dont overpay for him, but 40 goal scorers dont grow on trees.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Guess this is a cringe game through, huh.
Don't know why the canes board was nervous when they play this well

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Carolina has played outstanding team hockey at least since 2016-17. Dreadful goaltending and a lack of high end talent has hurt them. But going back to that season, the hockey they play objectively trounces ours. I still remember, in that season, we had like 5 20 goal scorers to their zero, and yet they kept us from even touching the puck on their half of the red line for 7.5 minutes in a row. We didn't beat them that season, and haven't very often since.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Bogo tries to carry out of the zone and THREE Canes basically triangulate on him on the strong side.

They know how to isolate the puck handler, close down passing lanes and are confident in their defensemen behind them.

Apparently Bogo had no outlets to pass to....
We haven't had puck support for our breakouts for uhhhh 10 years?

Reactions: kirby11

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hot take: is Housley a bad coach or has this team just overachieved this year and now coming back to earth?

What are you talking about? We have one of the worst records in the league over the last 70 days. "now" coming back down to earth?

Blows my mind some people see the team this way.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Idk how Jack gets so much power on his shot right after turning around

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
He'll be fine, doesnt have to worry about traffic for the most part or creative plays that get people open
Def. That play right there 9/10 teams have the D in front of the forward. They were BOTH standing next to him. But he will be exposed by better teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad