GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Am I crazy to think that Rodrigues and Smith are fine third liners on a contender?

Jury is out on Smith...and Rod for that matter. Rod kind of reminds me of pre-concussion Ennis...and we don't know how he would have fit on a contender either.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
How useless are faceoffs?

Sabres went 16-3 and it feels like they didnt have the puck till the last couple minutes

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
They're getting a little warmed up, but still terrified. A loss now is really demoralizing.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
We've been told this for months. And you know what? Compared to Kane I don't mind Skinner at all.

Oh I’d much rather have him with Eichel than have Kane with Eichel.

It’s just bizarre. Like how do you have such good hands for 2 out of 3 basic skills, and then be flat bad at passing. Super weird.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sabres are providing very poor (non existent) support to the puck carrier/handler. Its all solo efforts because the Sabres are spread out all over the ice.

The Canes are outstanding at support (which is why they are so good at puck possession).

That's a coaching/system and to a small degree skill - difference between the 2 teams.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Oh I’d much rather have him with Eichel than have Kane with Eichel.

It’s just bizarre. Like how do you have such good hands for 2 out of 3 basic skills, and then be flat bad at passing. Super weird.
I don't think it's that weird. Reinhart is the same except he's good at passing instead of shooting. 2/3 is still damn good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad