GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don't think it's that weird. Reinhart is the same except he's good at passing instead of shooting. 2/3 is still damn good.

Idk, but it’s hilarious that I’ll support Reinhart over you on this one.

I’d say Reinhart is just as good a passer as Skinner is a shooter. And I think Reinhart’s shot gets no respect, partly because it’s not elite and his draft status, but dude can still score at an above average level.

Reinhart’s stick handling is fine if not above average, but his skating is weak enough that he seldom goes for dangles.

I can’t think of many guys like Skinner who are flat elite at most skills and flat out bad at passing. Laine gets crapped on for this to a degree, but I don’t see him enough to call it the same.

Zhitnik is probably in that category for Sabres. Great skills, couldn’t hit the net to save his life.

Reactions: Tatre

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I'm so confused what Val was talking about most of the time. It was like hockey than went to politics.
They danced around the whole race issue. Not sure why. Hell, the Sabres had Val, Tony McKegney, Mike Grier, Bailey, Grand-Pierre, Kane, Nolan... and more.
Tony McKegney was one of the nicest guys you could meet.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
We've got to stifle their speed some. Put more bodies on em. Hit em hard, hit em often, transition quick and more traffic in front. Let's get a dirty one and knot this puppy up.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
We've been told this for months. And you know what? Compared to Kane I don't mind Skinner at all.
I continually bring it up because it's almost baffling to me, for a player that does all else with a puck so well.

It definitely doesn't bother me, any more than any other player's weaknesses.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
They danced around the whole race issue. Not sure why. Hell, the Sabres had Val, Tony McKegney, Mike Grier, Bailey, Grand-Pierre, Kane, Nolan... and more.
Tony McKegney was one of the nicest guys you could meet.
Heh, I was just looking up Rumun Ndur and wishing they coulda got him jersey #419

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Idk, but it’s hilarious that I’ll support Reinhart over you on this one.

I’d say Reinhart is just as good a passer as Skinner is a shooter. And I think Reinhart’s shot gets no respect, partly because it’s not elite and his draft status, but dude can still score at an above average level.

Reinhart’s stick handling is fine if not above average, but his skating is weak enough that he seldom goes for dangles.

I can’t think of many guys like Skinner who are flat elite at most skills and flat out bad at passing. Laine gets crapped on for this to a degree, but I don’t see him enough to call it the same.

Zhitnik is probably in that category for Sabres. Great skills, couldn’t hit the net to save his life.

Reinhart's shot gets no respect because he has scored very few NHL goals by taking actual shots.

But I do think Sam>Skinner as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad