GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I just cant find the logic in having our dmen chasing their coverage out to the blue line

I think it’s a tactic some coaches use to prevent players from cheating on defense. Problem is that the tactic is idiotic since you are following players when it’s all about keeping the opposition out of dangerous areas. Also means that you are one stride behind since you are following instead of acting.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Hot take: is Housley a bad coach or has this team just overachieved this year and now coming back to earth? I look at Carolina who we are tied with and they have the better D and F the only thing that’s close is goalies. Every team has issues with coaches lineup decisions.

I don’t actually believe this fully just throwing it out there lol

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure the Canes have had some of the best possession metrics in the league for the year but simply weren't scoring. Could be a little bit of us being terrible and also them being better than their record indicates.

Reactions: jc17

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I could be wrong but i am pretty sure the Canes have had some of the best possession stats in the league for the year but simply weren't scoring. Could be a little bit of us being terrible and them being better than their record indicates.
That is most definitely the case. They have three really strong pairings, and a lot of good puck movers. Plus a lot of hard working players, and a fantastic top line.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Have to tighten up at the blue line. Can't handle this many rushes all night or else Carolina will put up 5+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad